Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marijuana Allergy?

poseidon is offline Registered+

Marijuana Allergy?

Just out of curiosity, has anyone ever heard of someone being allergic to Marijuana? First timers usually trip out but but I'm talking about being literally allergic to the stuff.. Does anybody here know of any good outdoor easy to grow sativa strain? Its been a while since I came across a Sativa.. Oh and yes, is there a home/kitchen sort of a method to find out the %age of THC in your bud or hash?
    Last edited by poseidon; Jan-18-2008 at 04:52.
    what?

.fortune is offline Registered
    I've heard it once before. This girl would break out like mad when her brother smoked anywhere near her. So, apparantly it might be possible...(sp?)

Well they are most likely allergic to the smoke, if its around them, but not the actual bud. Just like cigarette smoke, ppl are allergic to the smoke, not the cigarette
    + =

Tha Hottest Under Tha Sun

No One on tha Corner has Swagger Like Moi

Cuz U Ain't Like Tha Rest When U Kickin it Wit tha Best

Don't Panic It's Organic
    lol

twitch is offline Registered+
    i have a buddy who his throat swells up and he gets hives... but its only when he smokes good bud....

poseidon is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by twitch View Post
    i have a buddy who his throat swells up and he gets hives... but its only when he smokes good bud....
    haha, what?
    what?

Doubtful is offline Registered
    I've heard of one person that had it. I went to school with her and she said she ended up in the hospital from the reaction she had. So now she won't go anywhere near pot/smoke from pot. Understandably so but it would definitely suck to be her.

I just make it my mission to smoke enough pot for the both of us.

midnite420toker is offline Registered
    i once talked to someone who said that a doctor told her that when thc was in her body, the cells would mistake the thc for O2 (or something to that effect) so she was allergic and couldnt breathe if she was even around the smoke.

birdgirl73 is offline Registered
    I had a guy friend in college who was allergic. His eyes and mouth swelled up and he sneezed. It's easily possible. People are allergic to all sorts of types of plants and weeds.

metlockz is offline Registered
    keep these storys coming guys and they will ever legalise the stuff

birdgirl73 is offline Registered
    Puh-lease. People are allergic to all kinds of perfectly legal stuff. Medicines. Plants. Foods. Textiles. Latex. Housepets. The possibility of an allergic reaction is one of the few things that would not stand in the way of legalization. There are lots bigger anti-cannabis-propaganda battles to fight than the possibility of allergies.

beachguy in thongs is offline Registered+
    My girlfriend is allergic to latex.

No g-strings or thongs for me (on her)!!!

People are allergic to the pollen that cannabis creates.

LaZ
    LaZ is offline Registered+
    My friends mom is allergic to cannabis. She tried it when she was in college and based her views on it from her experience, which is why she is pretty narrow minded when it comes to people she knows smoking it.
    "If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so". -Thomas Jefferson

SmokeItUp999 is offline Registered+
    allergy shots would probably help too but it depends..when i was younger and really sick, i had all sorts of allergies like grass and trees but when my health got better, it all got better

guitargirl7 is offline Registered
    Mold on marijuana can produce flu like symptoms including fever, sore throat, severe cough, and chills. Mold can also grow on pipes. Inspect it carefully for mold, and clean any pipes if you use them.

THClord is offline Registered+
    My throat had swollen up last few times and got really red, but I don't think it's allergy. I never had problems before.

I can be in a room with people smoking no prob. I just think my throat got really irritated because I've been smoking a lot recently. Like every day for a month straight, and I'm not used to it. I just started smoking a year ago and had never done cigs.

I'm on a break now, I'm letting my throat heal. After my break I'm gonna start with edibles, then vape. I think I'll stop there for a while, no bongs for me any time soon.

Hopefully all this is temporary.

Wish me luck guys, I don't want to say goodbye to MJ.
    all posts under this user name are purely for role playing purposes

Jay Matix is offline Registered+
    I was smoking with this girl once and she started breaking out in hives all over her legs after she packed a bowl.. guess she rubbed her legs after touching the weed and it triggerd an allergic response or something.

LegalizeTheGreen is offline Registered+
    My roomate is allergic to the actual bud, like when it touches him, but he can smoke it just fine, lol. He basicly has to grind it in his grinder, then roll a joint and try to avoid touching the herb while doing that, lol. I tried to convince him to switch to bowls, but he is a J fiend, rofl
    "I'm Back Baby!"

kgb420 is offline Registered+
    i smoke daily. and sometimes i get an allergic reaction. usually something like red swelling, and ithciness. all these symptoms go away a couple of minutes after i take a benadryl

here's the thing.. i don't think i'm allergic to marijuana, since it doesn't happen most of the time. i do think i'm allergic to something used to grow certain batches, however, because i get the same allergic reaction to some fruits and vegetables. so i think i'm allergic to a certain fertilizer, or pesticide, or whatever else is used to grow ;|
    "America; first we fight for our freedom, then we make laws to take it away." - Alfred E. Newman
    Kind Green Buds

Every time I smoke

Yeah,
    Now that you mention it everytime I smoke my eyes get real red and dry, so does my mouth, then I compulsively eat Reese's Peanut Butter Cups until until there are none left anywhere!
    I am up to 23 cups a day!
    "I submit that an individual who breaks a law that conscience tells him is unjust, and who willingly accepts the penalty of imprisonment in order to arouse the conscience of the community over its injustice, is in reality expressing the highest respect for the law. "
    Martin Luther King Jr

kgb420 is offline Registered+
    heheh
    "America; first we fight for our freedom, then we make laws to take it away." - Alfred E. Newman
    Kind Green Buds

Ramael is offline Registered
    I don't know what to call it, but I've been calling it an allergy just to save from explaining. Physically I don't think I get rashes or swelling when I touch marijuana, but when I smoke a lot in a short amount of time I will start having ulcers form on my tongue. Very painful when they start to bleed.

Now I'm going to state this, I've smoked quite a bit in my life. Different suppliers, sometimes my own dealers, sometimes friends, different cities, sometime everyday for a week or so. Other than that I'm generally not habitual. I've done other things too, coke, shrooms, ex, etc... but for some weird reason nothing ever compares to what weed does to me.

Also I'm not an anxious person, nor am I a particularly stressed person.. but when I smoke, I actually go crazy. Doesn't matter how often I do it, could have smoked every day for the last 6 days before, its still the same. It's like a weird mental seizure causing all of my thoughts, sensations, and emotions to systematically fire. Sometimes I get to a point where I can't understand what people are saying, or whats going on. If I smoke too much I'll get actual seizures, or even appear as though I have catatonic schizophrenia, which includes involuntary motor disturbances, extreme emotional excitement, and bizarre flexible postures that depending on the high can be maintained for quite a long time.

Fortunately since being diagnosed with depersonalization disorder, some recently developed coping methods for it have strangely helped me to maintain a little bit more control when I'm high, and now when I limit myself to two puffs, I can ensure that physical seizures can be prevented. Despite only smoking a little however, most of what was mentioned above strangely will still occur.

So unless anyone can pin what this might actually be, I guess I'll still label it an allergy, although I do believe that the majority of the issue is probably neurological, and perhaps related to one of my mental conditions. Not related to marijuana usage, by psychological standards, I am actually considered mentally disabled, and can even claim it on legal and tax documents.

WashougalWonder is offline Registered+
    You folks are getting allergy and sensitivity mixed up.

A true allergy will cause anaphalyxis, which is the throat swelling, hives, flushing, low blood pressure, and CAN KILL. Usually very fast onset after contact with the allergen. Those symptoms should not be ignored and those folks risk their lives if they continue to use or be in contact with MJ.

Before I go to the next type, in the olden days, ragweed was a big allergy thing. Well that was wild MJ pollen. Actually a sensitivity.

Now a sensitivity is something like runny nose, watery eyes, coughing some, but no dangerous signs like short of breath, hives, flushing. It is like hay fever. Makes the nose irritated, sneezing, and so on.

This should have nothing to do with legalization. Folks have these issues with environmental, every day stuff.
    Natural Spider Mite Control
    Trouble shooting form

Thank you Lord for this green thumb, I so love to grow your gift of cannabis.

Kakemacc is offline Registered

Unhappy Weed Allergy

I'm actually experiencing symptoms right now of an allergy to weed. I've been smoking for years and developed flu like symptoms with this particular purchase. It seemed like a cold so I layed off for a day and was fine but then smoking again gave me fever-like symptoms and I felt sicker than I've been in a while. As soon as I first smoked it my throat began to feel strange and within 30 minutes I was stuffy and it happened and again and now I'm just not smoking. I read up on it and apparently it happens sometimes to people who've been in contact for years. I'm gonna wait it out and see what happens...

GatorJato is offline Registered

Question

Quote Originally Posted by guitargirl7 View Post
    Mold on marijuana can produce flu like symptoms including fever, sore throat, severe cough, and chills. Mold can also grow on pipes. Inspect it carefully for mold, and clean any pipes if you use them.
    Maybe this could explain why the recent bag made you sick?

WashougalWonder is offline Registered+
    Lots of people are allergic to the male plant, in the '70s when it still grew wild all over, it was known as ragweed and it bothers me still. The female does not.

But, anyone can develop an allergy to a substance. It happens after at least one exposure or more. Usually each exposure gets worse until medical intervention is required. Just like any other allergy. '

There is a whole chemical process going on that makes an allergy happen. Some may just sneeze and get watery eyes. But, if throat swelling, eye swelling, hives, flushing, or signs of low blood pressure, that person needs immediate medical attention.
    Natural Spider Mite Control
    Trouble shooting form

Thank you Lord for this green thumb, I so love to grow your gift of cannabis.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast