Cannabis.com



Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 33
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: The real deal on your lungs and weed?

  1. #1
    sarocket13 is offline Registered+
    Join Date
    Apr-22-2007
    Posts
    27

    The real deal on your lungs and weed?

    Ok, so I have I heard many mixed messages. I have been smokin weed for about a year, and I have heard many opposing arguments as far as it being bad for your lungs and causing cancer. Some say that it does cause lung cancer, and that a joint is the equivalent to 20 cigs, or sumthin like that. Mostly I smoke out of a bong, which is supposed to be a lot better for your lungs, and make the hit alot more filtered? What do you guys think about this, are there are any serious risks that will develop from smoking weed. (Keep in mind, I only smoke like once a week, although on occasion more )

  2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds



    Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

     

    Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

    Medical Marijuana Directory


  3. #2
    Mohksha's Avatar
    Mohksha is offline Registered+
    Join Date
    Sep-05-2007
    Posts
    191
    I always felt like nobody really knew. I do know however that the 1 joint = 20 cigs thing is bullshit. It is equal to 20 cigs in terms of like smoke density or some stupid shit that has nothing to do with cancer. It's just propaganda. I quit smoking cigs a couple months ago when I started smoking weed heavily, and my lungs feel super clean compared to when I smoked nasty cigarettes!
    "Your life is yours alone, rise up and live it."
    ~Richard Rahl
    Prohibition goes beyond reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite through legislation. A prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles this country was founded upon.
    ~ Abraham Lincoln

  4. #3
    Nathan604's Avatar
    Nathan604 is offline Registered+
    Join Date
    Dec-03-2007
    Posts
    85

    Arrow

    deffinately better for your lungs than tobacco

  5. #4
    beachguy in thongs's Avatar
    beachguy in thongs is offline Registered+
    Join Date
    Aug-08-2005
    Posts
    13,817
    We should start building lungs out of hemp.
    painretreat likes this.

  6. #5
    jimmy8778's Avatar
    jimmy8778 is offline Registered+
    Join Date
    Nov-09-2007
    Posts
    792
    smoke is not good for your lungs, tobbacco companies add stuff to tobbacco, thus making it less good for your lungs, weed smoking is not good for your lungs, is it equal to 20 cigarettes, no, is it equal to 1, i dont know, but all smoke=bad for lungs, its just the degree to which you will sacrafice yourself for something you like, its a decision i wasnt willing to make until recently, and i dont have a problem with it, i think the amount that i smoke will overall not affect my life in a way that something else couldnt, ever since ive started smoking ive lost 50 lbs due to dieting, and i would rather inhale smoke than be dangerously overweight. The feeling of my lungs after a heavy smoke session will pass in a day, but 50 lbs is something i have to carry with me, but that is my take on smoking.
    Last edited by jimmy8778; Jan-30-2008 at 08:14.
    when you learn to walk on the planes of existence, you can learn to run on the planet of earth

    au revoir

  7. #6
    Born To Stone's Avatar
    Born To Stone is offline Registered+
    Join Date
    Jan-18-2007
    Posts
    203
    As far as I know it has never caused cancer, however inhaling any kind of smoke is not good for the lungs. I remember reading an article claiming that although cannabis created more pre-cancerous lesions on the lungs, these were 'pre-cancerous' and never developed into actual lung cancer. These rips in the lung also occur with tobacco smoke, but these lesions become cancerous. This is because of the radiation given off from tobacco due to the company's use of the cost efficient high phosphate fertilizers which contain the radioactive elements lead 210 and polonium 210 (for English/Russian folks, this is the poison used on Litvinenko in a much higher concentration). Anyway, for more info just search tobacco radiation on google...quite a lot of articles on it
    boaz likes this.
    To fall in hell or soar angelic you need a pinch of psychedelic

  8. #7
    Storm Crow's Avatar
    Storm Crow is offline Registered+
    Join Date
    Aug-29-2005
    Posts
    2,952

    Smile Click the link below...

    Scroll down to "Cancer- lung" or "Tobacco vs Cannabis" and start reading! And I do have the radioactive tobacco article in there somewhere. It is always good to look at the studies- they report facts, not suppositions!- Granny
    "If the truth won't do, then something is wrong!"
    Granny's Grandpa- Rev. J. C. Schwabenland

    Need MMJ medical studies? Look here!
    http://boards.cannabis.com/medicinal...st-2010-a.html

    Granny's list's on facebook-
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Granny...0974909?ref=nf

    Want your own free copy of the list? email us-
    i.wantgrannyslist(at)greenpassion.org

  9. #8
    HolyChrondon is offline Registered+
    Join Date
    Dec-28-2007
    Posts
    25
    1 j = 20 cigs? thats bullshit. cigarettes are so much more addictive and damaging. plus, with bud, the only downside is coughing up lugis or "lung butter" if you will. not a big deal, it doesnt cause any pain.

  10. #9
    worm's Avatar
    worm is offline Registered+
    Join Date
    Nov-04-2007
    Posts
    81
    I hit pipes until my lungs are full and I never really have any discomfort... to be honest it actually feels good to take a lungfull of weed smoke. Could be because I'm a smoker though, although thats something I'm cutting down on.
    Indeed...

  11. #10
    Jay Matix's Avatar
    Jay Matix is offline Registered+
    Join Date
    Jun-08-2006
    Posts
    483
    weed smoke is very bad for your lungs..

  12. #11
    psteve's Avatar
    psteve is offline Registered+
    Join Date
    May-28-2007
    Posts
    2,725
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Matix View Post
    weed smoke is very bad for your lungs..
    No, it isn't.

    jillykush likes this.

  13. #12
    UTD Toker's Avatar
    UTD Toker is offline Registered+
    Join Date
    Oct-12-2006
    Posts
    375
    My personal opinion on the topic is as follows:
    I am only 20 yrs old but I have been smoking everyday for about 5 years and I am really not worried about my long term health for a couple of reasons. One is that the fact that if MJ has been considered a medicine since we have been walking this planet, I dont think that people would be dying left and right because of disorders or cancers caused from inhalation of Cannabis. Second, by myself I only smoke about a gram AT THE MOST a day so if you combine that with the fact that our lungs ROUTINLY clean themselves from tar I dont think the smoke is really adding up in my own situation. However if you smoke like 3 or 4 J's or blunts everyday for your entire life the smoke from the weed and the paper will probubly add up. Caughing up phlem, sore throat? Possibly. Cancer? I DOUGHT IT.

    Tar does build up in your lungs unless vaporized; don't believe me? Then just take a glance at your pipe. However just like most "Fun" things that exist, ALWAYS USE IN MODERATION. If you wanna be safe and sure, just vape and/or edibles.

    Happy Tokaging
    And on the 7th day GOD stepped back and sayed, "This is my creation, perfect in every way.." After several minutes the almighty commented, " Oh, ..... man, I left Cannabis everywhere......?!?!?!


    God then decided to create politicians later that evening

  14. #13
    mseerob is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul-24-2005
    Posts
    296
    Quote Originally Posted by psteve View Post
    No, it isn't.

    YES IT IS!!!!!

  15. #14
    Jay Matix's Avatar
    Jay Matix is offline Registered+
    Join Date
    Jun-08-2006
    Posts
    483
    Quote Originally Posted by mseerob View Post

    YES IT IS!!!!!
    haha isn't it funny how the same people keep arguing that WEED IS NOT MENTALLY ADDICTING/ WEED SMOKE IN UR LUNGS IS NOT BAD FOR U"

    SMOKING CANNABIS IS NOT HARMLESS!... not only are u making your lungs BLACK.. just because it doesn't cause cancer doesn't mean that it can't cause many of the same respiratory illnesses as tobacco smoke. (as weed smoke is much more dense)

    [my friend just cleaned a pipe that he'd been using on regular basis for about a year.. and he managed to get a BLACK ball of resin the size of a GOLF BALL.. just IMAGINE the nasty sticky black resin build-up in your lungs!!]

    Don't fall for the "WEED IS GOOD FOR U JUST BECAUSE IT CAN'T KILL U BULLSHIT.." your lungs aren't meant to be a chimney.
    Last edited by Jay Matix; Feb-04-2008 at 16:29.

  16. #15
    UTD Toker's Avatar
    UTD Toker is offline Registered+
    Join Date
    Oct-12-2006
    Posts
    375
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Matix View Post
    just because it doesn't cause cancer doesn't mean that it can't cause many of the same respiratory illnesses as tobacco smoke. (as weed smoke is much more dense)
    Don't fall for the "WEED IS GOOD FOR U JUST BECAUSE IT CAN'T KILL U BULLSHIT.." your lungs aren't meant to be a chimney.[/B]
    Have you ever inhaled smoke before? Because if you have inhaled any sort of smoke, ALL of that smoke has collected in your lungs therfore your lungs are black right?
    Your lungs ROUTINLY clean themsleves or my previous statement would be true for all of us humans. You say respitory illnesses right? If I developed this what sort of long term effects would I be looking at? Just curious. Would you say my life say 30 years from now could be alot worse because I smoke a flower daily instead of drinking alcohal or smoking death sticks A.K.A. cigs? I feel relativly safe
    And on the 7th day GOD stepped back and sayed, "This is my creation, perfect in every way.." After several minutes the almighty commented, " Oh, ..... man, I left Cannabis everywhere......?!?!?!


    God then decided to create politicians later that evening

  17. #16
    UTD Toker's Avatar
    UTD Toker is offline Registered+
    Join Date
    Oct-12-2006
    Posts
    375
    ^Preaching to the chroir LIP
    And on the 7th day GOD stepped back and sayed, "This is my creation, perfect in every way.." After several minutes the almighty commented, " Oh, ..... man, I left Cannabis everywhere......?!?!?!


    God then decided to create politicians later that evening

  18. #17
    gladbag420 is offline Registered
    Join Date
    Oct-23-2008
    Posts
    2
    the reason you aren't worried about your future health is you are just 20 years old, most people that age aren't worried about life at 50 or later....hence all the tattoos you people get and later regret....

    there is far more tar in marijuana than in dried tobacco, but probably less pollutants, since most pot is grown without as many harmful commercial style fertilizers...

    the problem with smoke of any kind, is that it contains carbon monoxide, carbon monoxide binds to the hemoglobin in your blood, and thereby reduces the oxygen carrying c

  19. #18
    beginerbuddah's Avatar
    beginerbuddah is offline Registered+
    Join Date
    Dec-25-2007
    Posts
    237
    Quote Originally Posted by gladbag420 View Post

    the problem with smoke of any kind, is that it contains carbon monoxide, carbon monoxide binds to the hemoglobin in your blood, and thereby reduces the oxygen carrying c
    but dont we recyle our blood regualy
    so that wouldnt be the casue of long term illness or cancer would it?

  20. #19
    Krazysox is offline Registered
    Join Date
    Feb-21-2009
    Posts
    1
    I don't know what weed does to our lungs exactly, but the fastest kid on the cross country team at my school smokes weed A LOT. I know that would not be the cast with cigarettes.

  21. #20
    Join Date
    Feb-19-2009
    Posts
    163

    Talking Lung Cancer

    The truth is (well I'm not a doctor), but any kind of smoke is bad for your lungs. 1 joint does not equal to 20 cigs, that's just government bullshit. Cigarettes are bad because they have chemicals and other shit mixed in, that's why people get cancer with them, but bud is clean pure smoke.

    The bottom line is that, bud won't cause cancer, but it's still not healthy for your lungs.

    Anyways get all your bud delivered to your door, today.

  22. #21
    leadmagnet is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Sep-27-2008
    Posts
    0
    Great admonishment; "NOTICE TO LAW ENFORCEMENT: Pursuant to the Constitution of the State of California, Amendment III, Sec. 3.5(c), state law enforcement officials have �no power� to refuse to enforce a statute on the basis that federal law or federal regulations prohibit the enforcement of such statute.� It is therefore your legal duty and responsibility to respect and obey this agreement per the above-cited legislation, and the leave the individuals and gardens herein described unmolested and unreported to federal authorities. Failure to follow state law may result in legal action being taken against you. Thank you for your understanding and compliance." Doesn't seem worded right though. The statement should read more along the line of "State law enforcement officials do not have the authority to enforce federal laws" shouldn't it?

    But don't you feel a little uncomfortable stating "We get shipments from Hawaii, Jamaica and Mexico"? Sorta like you're taunting the feds.
    Last edited by leadmagnet; Feb-26-2009 at 00:39.

  23. #22
    painretreat's Avatar
    painretreat is offline Registered+
    Join Date
    May-22-2008
    Posts
    2,272
    Lead, u referring to the medical delivery of free marijuana or free delivery of fairly priced mmj? I like the price but made a comment on hiz pozt of "I don't want it completely legalized!" Or something like that. Cause he/she may have to pay more for a liquor type license to make bundles more of $. Cept, if those prices are real, I'll take some! i am an equal opportunity opportunist! meddeliv!
    Limiting myself, so short form. Ran out of room so you'll just have to imagine the rest! So read Granny Storm Crow info, while you can!

    Smoking and cancer, ask Weedhound! She made it very clear what her doc told her in her thread, check it out.

    I believe the study you are referring to is the recent one that came out last week, which said Austrailia did a study and said one tobacco cig. eqivalent in size, etc. to one joint of cannabis is the equvilent of 3 tobacco cigs in the effect to your lungs. Same paper, size, etc.
    Last Fall they said it was no longer true.
    As they came up with these same figures and findings approx 27 years ago, 3:1 ratio! So, it will be overturned in the future. Seems totally irrelevant.
    What will happen to your lungs IUD--first look for worms in your nose. then an IQ of 0, then snails out of your ears and blue lips, blue digits-fingers toes or loss of them completely, coughing so hard you hit the wrong keys. Basically, over the years you'd become an irritating asshole due to the lack of oxygen to whatever is between the snails and worms!

  24. #23
    smokin dope's Avatar
    smokin dope is offline Registered+
    Join Date
    Apr-30-2006
    Posts
    621
    been a dailysmoker for bout 6 year's, mostly blunts, the two times i have quit i'd go through daily coughing/spitting up black shit...i would think most is from the excessive blunt use but who knows...although ive been usin my volcano digit for 4 months now ya dig
    painretreat likes this.
    im on that light green

  25. #24
    VapedG13's Avatar
    VapedG13 is offline Registered+
    Join Date
    Oct-25-2008
    Posts
    827
    Thats why I like bubble bags....you strip off the MJ trichs from the plant material...your only smoking the trichs not the plant material

    If you use a pipe or bong ....place a piece of tissue paper over the mouth of the bong or pipe and draw your hit through the tissue paper.

    You will notice a nice yellowish/brown stain on the tissue paper... thats tar
    Last edited by VapedG13; Mar-08-2009 at 14:09.

  26. #25
    DdC222 is offline Registered+
    Join Date
    Sep-26-2008
    Posts
    82

    Shoot the Liars!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Matix View Post
    bla bla bla hogwash bla bla bla
    Ganja flowertops do no harm to the lungs, period.

    5000 years of toking and no victims. Buds not leaves containing 33% thc. Leaves are ok for food and polstices, not toking. Vaporizers may put vapor into the lungs, that is defined as pneumonia. Bong water not changed can lead to problems, microbial damage possibly. Papers will have some harm but do to the expectorant of Ganja, you will cough up any toxins.

    Cigarettes are adulterated tobacco products. You can't tax vegetables. Nothing added to Ganja, a natural expectorant. No health problems with cultures using organic tobacco. Indians, Egypt or Turkey. Only US grade A bullshit chemicals to harm. Not in Ganja.

    Hundreds of cultures over thousands of years and not one victim outside of reefer mad idiots predicting the future that never arrives. Predicting the same thing 40 years ago and still no victims.

    Capital punishment for drug worrier Gossip and the LIARS!

    Organic Cannabis/Tobacco vs Chemical Cigarettes 01/11/02

    "Marijuana is one of the least toxic substances in the whole pharmacopoeia"
    Professor Lester Grinspoon, Harvard Medical School, USA


    Cannabis Less Risky Than Alcohol/Tobacco, Says Report 03/15/02

    "The commission has come to the conclusion that the moderate use of hemp drugs is practically attended by no evil results at all. ... ...moderate use of hemp... appears to cause no appreciable physical injury of any kind,... no injurious effects on the mind... [and] no moral injury whatever."
    Indian Hemp Drugs Commission, 1894


    Cancer risk in relation to radioactivity in tobacco 01/11/02

    "There is no evidence... that any deleterious influence on the individual using [cannabis]"
    Panama Canal Zone Report, 1925


    Tobacco Radioactive, Pot Safer! 12/07/00

    "Having reviewed all the material available to us we find ourselves in agreement with the conclusion reached by the Indian Hemp Drugs Commission appointed by the Government of India (1893-94) and the New York Mayor's Committee (1944 - LaGuardia) that the long-term consumption of cannabis in moderate doses has no harmful effects" "the long-asserted dangers of cannabis are exaggerated and that the related law is socially damaging, if not unworkable"
    1968 UK ROYAL COMMISSION, THE WOOTTON REPORT


    CANNABIS AND TOBACCO 06/14/00

    "There are no long lasting ill-effects from the acute use of marijuana and no fatalities have ever been recorded ... there seems to be growing agreement within the medical community, at least, that marijuana does not directly cause criminal behaviour, juvenile delinquency, sexual excitement, or addiction."
    Dr J. H. Jaffe,
    The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics.
    L.Goodman and A Gillman, 3rd edn. 1965


    Costa Cannabis Test Tobacco vs Cannabis 07/02/00

    "Users in our matched-pair sample smoked marijuana in addition to as many tobacco cigarettes as did their matched non-using pairs. Yet their small airways were, if anything, a bit healthier than their matches. We must tentatively conclude either that marijuana has no harmful effect on such passages or that it actually offers some slight protection against harmful effects of tobacco smoke"
    Cannabis in Costa Rica:
    A Study of Chronic Marijuana Use; Institute of Human Issues.


    http://i40.tinypic.com/34gvjpt.jpg
    painretreat likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •