Thread: Smokers cough?

UrineSane is offline Registered

Question Smokers cough?

Do you guys suffer from smokers cough too?
    As far back as I can remember I've had some
    kind of smokers cough. I don't smoke cigs but
    have toked up for about 9-10 years now. I also
    spit out all kinds of nasty yellow/green shit. Well
    I have been lately more so. Just wondering if I
    smoke too much or if its common.

randomname4888 is offline Registered+
    thats only happend to me from smokin cigs, not bud
    Ron paul 08 he can do great things for this nation

smok3y is offline Registered+
    I get that in the morning ware i cough up some nasty shit from smokin cigs... I suppose you'd also get a little bit from smoking weed aswell, as smoking is aint to good for you in the 1st place..
    R.I.P
    David Steele
    "Gone But Never Forgotten"

I know you don't smoke weed, I know this..
    but I'm gonna get you high today..
    'cause it's Friday' you ain't got no job... and you ain't got shit to do..

UMrocksmysocks is offline Registered+
    smoking weed only can give you a smokers cough, if you are an everyday all day kinda smoker. then again, some people cough to clear their throats instead of aahhemm'ing lol
    Quote Originally Posted by halfassedjediknight View Post
    that was quite a rough night/morning!

but im home and currently making my eyes red.

"Everything posted by me above is, in fact, fictional and based on immense research and a never ending thirst for knowledge. Any pictures provided in my post were simply contributed from other sources online. I do not condone anything illegal such as cultivating and/or smoking marijuana."

Storm Crow is offline Registered+

Thumbs up What you need is...

A vaporizer! I have toked for 40 years- my lungs were a mess! It took all of two whole weeks to undo the results of 40 years worth of toking! No more morning cough, "lung oysters", and all that jazz! My little Vapor Brothers was the best money I've spent in a long time! Get one! - Granny
    "If the truth won't do, then something is wrong!"
    Granny's Grandpa- Rev. J. C. Schwabenland

Need MMJ medical studies? Look here!
    http://boards.cannabis.com/medicinal...st-2010-a.html

Granny's list's on facebook-
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Granny...0974909?ref=nf

Want your own free copy of the list? email us-
    i.wantgrannyslist(at)greenpassion.org

Potcake is offline Registered+
    What storm crow said, I bought a vaporizer myself and the difference is amazing after 2 weeks. Or just take a break from weed for a little, pop some expectorants (things that loosen phlegm in your lungs and helps you cough it up) and then wait. When you return to smoking your lungs should be better for awhile and you'll get really ripped the next time you smoke!

and just a tid bit, if anyone is worrying about the health of their voice, it's better not to cough and clear your throat. Instead try and blow the phlegm out by blowing out a lot of air very quickly, click twice with your larynx (like you're going to cough minus the intense air pressures aka sub-glottal pressure), you can also try singing it out. You really only need air passing through the trachea and pharynx to clear out phlegm. Another thing to help is drinking lots of water, the vocal chords need to remain moist and relaxed in order to prevent calluses, lesions, and nodes (growths). irritants such as alcohol, yelling, coughing, smoke and excessive clearing of the throat can also irritate the chords.

if you do all that you'll prevent yourself from having that stereotypical scratchy voice that so many smokers develop later in life due to vocal abuse from smoking.

OH! and don't use menthol cough drops, look for glycerin based cough drops like honey lemon ones, Menthol dries of the vocal chords which, as stated above, isn't very good for vocal health.

sweetleaf0 is offline Registered
    I recently had a nasty cough and some sinus/long problems. I don't like going to the doctors, nor taking "medicine" per se. I generally try to let things run their course.

It was hard to sleep when I was coughing so much, however, and after looking into it, I found some people attesting to the powers of apple cider vinegar. I suggest anyone who has a bad cough get some of it and try it. Mix three tablespoons in with a little bit of warm water and some honey. Drink it, preferably quickly, and hold your nose. Its pretty nasty, and it kind of burns. But your cough will at least lessen in twenty minutes. Try it.

UrineSane is offline Registered
    Awesome, thanks for the advice guys and gals. I just might take it and go out and buy a vaporizer today.