Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Smoking marijuana and seizure like symptoms...

seattlesmoke247 is offline Registered+

Smoking marijuana and seizure like symptoms...

Me and my friend have been smoking together for 5 years or so now, and about three times he's had these weird things happen.. First two times he has fallen down and goes into a seizure like mode for like 30 seconds.. The last time he was holding himself up and only lasted for a few seconds but his head was twitching a bit and the only way I can really describe it is seizure like.. Anyone know anything about this?

GoldenGraham84 is offline Registered+
    i've never heard of this happening, but since i myself have epilepsy, i feel i must pose some questions. what is this "seizure-like mode" you mention? is it like loss of consciousness with shakes/tremors, or is it more like just a vapid stare, with him responding to nothing? either way, seizures are caused (simply put) by too much electrical activity in the brain. worst case scenario, these are pre-ictal (pre-seizure) symptoms. please, advise your friend to get an MRI and/or a sleep-deprived EEG.
    "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" -Benjamin Franklin

"If you don't like my fire, then don't come around. 'Cause I'm gonna burn one down." - Ben Harper

"America; first we fight for our freedom, then we make laws to take it away." -Alfred E. Newman

Lit Up is offline Registered+
    I have a friend who that happens to every once in awhile. He would take a big rip and just go down into seizure mode. Craziest shit I ever seen man.

Maybe like a lack of oxygen to the brain or something.
    "It shouldn't be legal to be as high as I am!!" Petey Blake
    "We bless it, we roll it, we toke it, we pass it." - Kottonmouth Kings
    I am the 1,746th member out of 178,000. And counting, Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by yesoer View Post
    Rhode Island became the 11th medical marijuana state. RHODE ISLAND, NEW YORK SAME SHIT SON

eltone is offline Registered+

Smoking Marijuana and Seizure Like Symptoms

Yes I have experienced something similar but it is not a seizure. I have had Petit Mal and Grand Mal seizures due to an abnormal brainwave pattern that is epileptic like but not epilepsy. In fact my last EEG came back normal, at age 50, after suffering with this since I was 12, and I was told that would never happen! I attribute the restoring of my brainwave pattern back to normal as a direct result of smoking marijuana on a reguar basis for over 25 years . As far as what your friend is experiencing I can't say for sure but what happens to me, especially if it is heavy headed pot, is I feel like I have several rapid "brain shorts/or blanks." They happen so fast there is no memory loss or unconscience state, but I feel like my brain is shorting out, my head bobs/jerks back a bit while my vision seems to have blackouts coinciding with the head jerks but I have never fallen or lost conscience. This all happens in less than 5 or 10 seconds and goes away leaving no bad side effects. But I do not believe that is a seizure, at least not a Petit or Grand Mal seizure that I can tell you from experience. I have had EEG's while sober and while under the influence of marijuana. The EEG's taken while high resulted in shorter "spikes" and smaller "Electrical Bursts or Storms" which is what causes a seizure, generally speaking of course. I have chronic nausea and vomiting from Gastroparesis (Paralyzed Stomach,) I have been on Marinol for years because I live in a Nazi state/non medical marijuana. I can tell you not only am I convinced that the long term effect of smoking marijuana "normalized" my brainwave pattern but it also gives immediate relief from chronic or acute nausea and stimulates the appetite with the worst side effect being a very plesant euphoria that is...well it's just great. Good luck to you and you friend. If you are smoking schwag it might be from pesticides or mold. I think you might have better luck with real medical marijuana if you can get it. Peace...
    Last edited by eltone; Dec-12-2008 at 23:05.

Immolation is offline Registered+
    You should see a Doctor.Just to be sure theres nothing serious wrong.Be Safe.

ridethevibe is offline Registered
    i am a regular smoker. i mean all day everyday just about.

i have passed out/siezed from weed at least thirty times in my life.

from their perspective it is similar to what everyone else says. i take a hit. i get a blank look on my face, i start to shake and fall.

to me it happens like this. i take a hit. im holding it in, (sometimes breathing out). a euphoria hits me, not like weed, more like heroin. my vision starts to spin and blur, imagine a tye die spinner. i start to loose sense of balance. i can not figure out which way is up or which way is down. it gets to the point where i cant figure out which way to shift my wieght and it feels like im falling from earth. i start to conciously try to hold up my weight and it feels like...it feels like... im glitching. i can feel myself jerking between holding myself up and falling.
    then i have dreams. they are like day dreams. i see images flash before me. they are quick, very quick, and are accompanied by the emotion those pictures evoke. ex one time i saw the beach and i felt at peace. they are very similar to day dreams and i cannot remember them much except for the intense emotions they are filled with.

like i said before this has happened to me way too many times and for a long time it freaked me the hell out.

it seems to happen when i smoke really good weed. purple dank has been a recurring factor in many of them. also it tends to happen after a big hit from a bong.
    ex: i packed a brimmer in my little binger. and its overflowing with the dankest purple sour diesel ive had in a while. "watch me snap this". mission accomplished, i hold it in... ...everyone shouting, water all over my face and hair. i had passed out. fallen backwards tipping the bong directly into my face.

ive gotten a handle on it as i feel the warning signs now. when i start to get a little light headed i start taking deep breathes. even if my lungs are filled with smoke i will inhale tiny amounts of oxygen to counter.

Analysis- it seems that the lack of oxygen is the main factor. however i have never seen this or heard about it from anyone but me. take deep breathes after smoking and you shouldnt pass out.
    however no one has mentioned the person affected. what kind of person are they?
    i am fairly wierd even if i can fit in. i am an addict of that there is no question. i have a history of depression and fits of mania. i black out from alcohol easily. i am tall skinny, athletic and i often and plentifull. i am usually wound up,... and so taken a liking to anti anxiety pills and pain killers. however these events are not linked. im trying to see if there is a specific personality that suffers from this.

comments, questions?
    tbird, nite nurse and AlphaRhythm like this.

seattlesmoke247 is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by eltone View Post
    If you are smoking schwag it might be from pesticides or mold. I think you might have better luck with real medical marijuana if you can get it. Peace...
    cool man good to hear that things are chill, yea we're not smoking schwag it's always pretty good, we've been blessed for the past month or two with a lot of different types of really good bud.

Quote Originally Posted by ridethevibe View Post
    it seems to happen when i smoke really good weed. purple dank has been a recurring factor in many of them. also it tends to happen after a big hit from a bong.
    yeah dude it happens most often out of the bong, one time my buddy was hitting our 5 footer (don't have it anymore) and fell on the ground in the woods. it's probally happened to him like 10 times in his life.. never myself from smoking bud although i do get lightheadedness which i believe is a lesser form of it.

im trying to see if there is a specific personality that suffers from this.
    Yeah somewhat similar personalities we smoke constantly and definatly both have addicted personalties.. only smoke bud nowadays and occasional drinking but it took a long time to get it under control.. i think it could also have to do with like you said, lack of oxygen.. perhaps from the smoke AND maybe another issue overlapping causes this. (really i have no idea lol) Peace guys.

BigLeagueJew is offline Registered+
    At first I thought maybe it was the weed as some others who posted thought. Now thinking about it, since you also smoked it, it probably was not the weed. The only thing similar I know of was a friend who collapsed once from smoking. He went to the doctor and figured out he had a heart problem.
    Northwest is the best

My First Grow!
    http://boards.cannabis.com/grow-log/...ml#post1972434
    Check it out!

MadSativa is offline Registered+
    sounds serious, maybe its time to see a doctor over this

ridethevibe is offline Registered
    yeah i think im going to see a doctor. ill tell him exactly what happened and how its very rare. he probbably wont do anything but i have insurance it couldnt hurt.

anyways...good to see you got your stuff together seattlesmoke. best of luck

dthizz is offline Registered
    I am average height and very skinny. I smoked nearly everyday for the past two years and ive gotten what i believe was two seizures. ive never feinted or had a seizure when sober. I black out all the time when im drunk. I'm a lightweight, a 1/3 of a fifth will get me really fucked up.

experience 1: occured ~10 minutes post-smoking
    In a loud crowded resturant that was really humid. it was hard to breathe and i started getting dizzy and lightheaded, seeing stars. passed out and i guess i had a seizure where i was on the ground and was staring straight up at my friend i was with. im not sure if i was twitching or not. I was unbelievable high. Highest i'd been up to that ppoint, obviously.

experience 2: occured ~20 minutes post smoking
    I was smoking in a hottub and was in it for a good 40 minutes. Stood up really fast and it was really cold. Headrush, passed out on the tile. Same symptoms.

In BOTH situations i was fine after i got some air and some water. i remember being VERY thirsty b4 i passed out in exp1, and hottubs dehydrate you, ala exp2.

I'm no physician, but i think its just because i'm a skinny kid who when gets really really really high, my blood starts beating way to fast and theres just so much mental intake (sights sounds etc). I remember having trouble breathing as well.

The fact that it happens after 10-20 minutes, equates to the fact that the experiences occured at the peak of my high. i was just bugging out b/c i was too high.

When i get high alot of the times my legs get restless and shake or whatever. Its just because i get really wired when i smoke. I always try to have water near me and be in a place where i can easily get air whether its rolling down a window or steppign outside.

no big deal...

..i hope
    Last edited by dthizz; May-27-2009 at 00:42. Reason: stony, forgot stuff

MPLSweedman is offline Registered+
    ive never seen people have seizures i have seen people faint though. if i saw someone have a seizure after smoking my first instinct would be to laugh my ass off, i KNOW they arent going to die and it is probably scary for them but i would be laughing at something like that because i'd be so high

Yeah that sounds like what happened to my cousin. (I'll try not to make it a story ) So my cousin had taken a hit from the bong, and it was a huge hit anyways after about 10 minutes he started crying and for what reason we still to this day have no clue, then he eventually laid down and passed out. I thought everything was good until he woke up but he really wasn't awake, it was more like asleep but your still kinda there. He started twitching really really bad oh and to mention he start throwing up everytime he'd wake up from the deep short sleeps that he was in. Anything on that one?? Bong hit, crying, trippin out hard, passed out/still awake, twitching constantly and throwing up?? It was over two years ago and I still can't come to mind about it..

If anyone "Thinks" they know please do spread your thoughts I'd like to figure it out (Oh and this has only happened once out of the 4 years we've been smokin together.)

Coelho is offline Registered+
    to me it happens like this. i take a hit. im holding it in, (sometimes breathing out). a euphoria hits me, not like weed, more like heroin. my vision starts to spin and blur, imagine a tye die spinner. i start to loose sense of balance. i can not figure out which way is up or which way is down. it gets to the point where i cant figure out which way to shift my wieght and it feels like im falling from earth. i start to conciously try to hold up my weight and it feels like...it feels like... im glitching. i can feel myself jerking between holding myself up and falling.
    then i have dreams. they are like day dreams. i see images flash before me. they are quick, very quick, and are accompanied by the emotion those pictures evoke. ex one time i saw the beach and i felt at peace. they are very similar to day dreams and i cannot remember them much except for the intense emotions they are filled with.
    WHOOOOOAAAAA.......... and its a very very very pleasurable thing, isnt it? I know exactly what youre talking about, but i think i could never had put it in into words like you did...

And Im pretty sure its caused by lack of oxygen in the brain. I have low blood pressure, and if im resting for a long time and suddenly stand up, i feel like this, with more or less intensity. Sometimes i do it purposely, and even stretch myself after standing up, which greatly increases its effects... (once i even fainted when i did this...)

For me, its the ultimate trip. Pity it lasts so short...

grownd is offline Registered

i feel same in Va

Quote Originally Posted by eltone View Post
    Yes I have experienced something similar but it is not a seizure. I have had Petit Mal and Grand Mal seizures due to an abnormal brainwave pattern that is epileptic like but not epilepsy. In fact my last EEG came back normal, at age 50, after suffering with this since I was 12, and I was told that would never happen! I attribute the restoring of my brainwave pattern back to normal as a direct result of smoking marijuana on a reguar basis for over 25 years . As far as what your friend is experiencing I can't say for sure but what happens to me, especially if it is heavy headed pot, is I feel like I have several rapid "brain shorts/or blanks." They happen so fast there is no memory loss or unconscience state, but I feel like my brain is shorting out, my head bobs/jerks back a bit while my vision seems to have blackouts coinciding with the head jerks but I have never fallen or lost conscience. This all happens in less than 5 or 10 seconds and goes away leaving no bad side effects. But I do not believe that is a seizure, at least not a Petit or Grand Mal seizure that I can tell you from experience. I have had EEG's while sober and while under the influence of marijuana. The EEG's taken while high resulted in shorter "spikes" and smaller "Electrical Bursts or Storms" which is what causes a seizure, generally speaking of course. I have chronic nausea and vomiting from Gastroparesis (Paralyzed Stomach,) I have been on Marinol for years because I live in a Nazi state/non medical marijuana. I can tell you not only am I convinced that the long term effect of smoking marijuana "normalized" my brainwave pattern but it also gives immediate relief from chronic or acute nausea and stimulates the appetite with the worst side effect being a very plesant euphoria that is...well it's just great. Good luck to you and you friend. If you are smoking schwag it might be from pesticides or mold. I think you might have better luck with real medical marijuana if you can get it. Peace...
    I can't believe that someone feels the same way I do. It just isn't the same with marinol it effects me in a multitude of ways if takin with any other substance but med ganga. Very hard cosidering I can't find a job and the family wife and child are suffering for it. I just want help from anywhere and am willing to do anything it takes please help. Epileptic christian man an need! Love you all and god bless.

stinkybudz is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by Coelho View Post
    WHOOOOOAAAAA.......... and its a very very very pleasurable thing, isnt it? I know exactly what youre talking about, but i think i could never had put it in into words like you did...

And Im pretty sure its caused by lack of oxygen in the brain. I have low blood pressure, and if im resting for a long time and suddenly stand up, i feel like this, with more or less intensity. Sometimes i do it purposely, and even stretch myself after standing up, which greatly increases its effects... (once i even fainted when i did this...)

For me, its the ultimate trip. Pity it lasts so short...
    And i thought i was the only one! coelho the more i read your posts, the more i realized your my brother from another mother from another nation!
    I smoke it down to the ash end burnin lips and finger tips, on for helly shit and take a bullet like a pacifist, right in the ashtray where it belongs, from the bag to the j to the vape to the bong-Stoner songs Twiztid - Bagz, Hydro. KmK- Blaze Allday,Can Anybody Hear me.AbK- Hollowpoint

flyytee is offline Registered+
    maybe his blood sugar is low
    he should eat sweets b4 he smokes and se if it happens again

epilepticme is offline Registered+
    This is just my opinion based on speaking with 5 or 6 neurologists about cannabis use and epilepsy, my personal experience with epilepsy and many hours of research on the aforementioned subject.

If you have seizures you have epilepsy, seizure types, causes and triggers are very much an individual thing. There are very few if any cases of cannabis use causing seizures. Sometimes coming down from being drunk or high can lower your seizure threshold however, but moderation of use in therapeutic levels of cannabis lessen this effect. More than likely if he indeed did seize it was caused by something else and it was a coincidence that he was using cannabis at the time. Some studies indicate that using cannabis actually prevents damage to the brain during seizure episodes. Other studies indicate that therapeutic use of cannabis can even lower the likely hood of seizing at all.
    It has been my experience that cannabis lessens the severity of my seizures and I recover faster (a few hours as opposed to a day or more). I also tolerate the pharmaceutical anti-epileptics side effects more easily while using cannabis.

My suggestion for ANYONE suffering any seizure like activity, anything even remotely similar to a seizure is to seek immediate medical attention! Do not worry if you have taken an illegal substance. Doctors are there for your health and safety not to call the cops for drug use.

A friend died several days ago from epilepsy and heart problems. Uncontrolled epilepsy can kill you
    “The greatest service which can be rendered any country is to add a useful plant to its culture. “
    Thomas Jefferson

epilepticme is offline Registered+
    In addendum:
    I have noticed that being very high on cannabis can lower my seizure threshold during certain activities such as fireworks, phish concerts and flash photography. I think these things are naturally triggers for my epilepsy and obviously weed tends to enhance the senses somewhat Still in the case the cannabis is not the cause of the seizure, the epilepsy itself is.
    “The greatest service which can be rendered any country is to add a useful plant to its culture. “
    Thomas Jefferson

scandinavian is offline Registered

Talking epileptic me

sounds like you have photosensitive epilepsy wich react on very low frequenzies if fireworks can trigger it.. :S

my personal frequenz is Tekken1 on a playstation1 and the spectre is pretty small cause tekken is the only trigger i´ve had.
    But anyway, yes, cannabis DO enhance the triggereffect but for me too, but the seizure comes much more slow so i get a warning if i experience one tough its allmost 8 years ago since i had my last(been smoking for 7½..).

im not on any sort of medicine, i slam bong on a daily basis..

fernandogress is offline Registered
    I think..You have to think of it this way. The symptoms you described are what anyone smoking too much pot might experience, and most of those people do not have epilepsy. If you have any tendency to epilepsy because of your sister, it would take so much to bring it on heavy dose of pot that it would probably not be clinically significant. On the other hand, you should not be afraid to find out if you have any unusual sensitivity to epilepsy. Why don;t you get an EEG, and if there is any signs, it will forewarn about excessive behavior, and may prevent what you really don't want to happen.

harriet is offline Registered
    hey ridethevibe,

i know what your talking about. i have experienced seizure like episodes from smoking weed too. Recently I was in amsterdam and i smoked a bit of hash and then walked to the tram station with some friends - so it didn't happen immediately after smoking the hash. So I was standing at the tram station with friends and i started to feel really overwhelmed. It was like my head was expanding. I began to feel increasingly disoriented and I remember thinking 'shit, i need to sit down'. Heart palpatations. I looked at the bench in the tram stop which was only a couple of metres away and i knew i wasn't going to make it. I had lost touch wih reality. Then, everything slowed, went dark and I became unconscious. When I 'came to', my friend Julian was shaking me and in a panic asking me if i was ok and looking for a response. It was that moment, with the eye contact from julian and the reality of his concern, that I came back to planet earth. I was suddenly in the moment again, instead of inside my own mind. When I asked them what had happened they said that I had just dropped and my eyes had gone really wide and then when they went to grab me I started convulsing and laughing. Fucking strange. I was naturally, pretty embarrassed. Anyway so there are all these people at the tram stop trying to help out and get me sugar and water and stuff like that. As soon as I relaxed, I really began to enjoy my high. Instead of feeling afraid of people I felt incredibly calm and unified with everyone around me. I was riding the vibe.

This is not the only time I have experienced something like this from smoking weed. In fact, I used to smoke weed quite a bit when I was at school, as a way of chilling with my buddies and for a couple of years I never once had a bad high. But soon after I left school and began to feel less certain of myself and my purpose, (a bit of an identity crisis heheh) my weed smoking experiences changed dramatically. Symptoms included severe paranoia, psychosis, cotton mouth (ew), convulsions, blackouts, panic attacks etc. I was no longer comfortable and content with the moment. I think at this point I was feeling very depressed in my life and extremely anxious in social situations. So much so that I couldn't speak to people - and often, even when i wanted to speak i had problems making my voice audible. I stopped smoking weed for ages and began drinking heavily. I soon became dependant upon alcohol in any social situation. My heavy drinking then lead to a period of promiscuity and a couple of destructive romantic relationships, not to mention thousands of dollars in car repairs...and the guilt that comes with that kind of irresponsible and dangerous behaviour.

So, going back to the question of WHY? I think its about remaining calm and ignoring the voices of your ego, forgetting about analysis and fear and worry and just trying to enjoy yourself. Because when you're high on weed and your mind is going at an alarming rate you experience a kind of overload - and yeah it probably is too much electrical activity in the brain but its totally something you can control. -I've trained myself to do it now and i've rediscovered the joys of smoking weed. So RELAX. Alert but not alarmed. calm...happy...at peace.

If you want to get that mellow high back, I would definitely recommend quieting your mind as often as you can when you don't smoke. It really does make you a more 'together' person.

These days, I'm back to being myself - free of judgement and labels. I care about others and their feelings but I honestly don't care what they think about me anymore. I don't mean to sound preachy or pretentiously 'new-age' but take my advice and strip away the bullshit in your life. focus on positivity. you'll be happier for it. and yes, i think you can help yourself if you try.

LOVE
    AlphaRhythm likes this.

katnip is offline Registered

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by dthizz View Post
    experience 1: occured ~10 minutes post-smoking
    In a loud crowded resturant that was really humid. it was hard to breathe and i started getting dizzy and lightheaded, seeing stars. passed out and i guess i had a seizure where i was on the ground and was staring straight up at my friend i was with. im not sure if i was twitching or not. I was unbelievable high. Highest i'd been up to that ppoint, obviously.

experience 2: occured ~20 minutes post smoking
    I was smoking in a hottub and was in it for a good 40 minutes. Stood up really fast and it was really cold. Headrush, passed out on the tile. Same symptoms.

..i hope

Hey I just wanted to give my 2 cents here. when I read the above symptoms it sounds EXACTLY like what I went through for years! It actually has nothing to do with Marijuana. Now, Marijuana may be responsible for what triggers your body's response though.

When I was 19, I smoked pot with some friends, and went to the airport to pick up a friend. your scenario number 1 is exactly what happened to me. About 20 minutes after smoking, I felt sweaty, weak, cold, clammy, and really dizzy. I sat down because I recognized that I was about to pass out. I woke up underneath of the table dripping wet. As I climbed out from under the table, my friends were staring at me in disbelief. Here, I had a full blown seizure in the middle of an airport restaurant. I was choking, my whole body went stiff as a board, and then I went limp and sunk under the table. My pants were wet because I lost control of my bladder.

After that I was so convinced that Marijuana did this that I stopped smoking for years. I didn't go to a doctor because I was high, and didn't want to tell anyone that part of the story.

Fast forward to when I was 25, I went to a spa in Arizona. I was in a hot tub, and started to feel very dizzy. When I got out of the tub, I passed out and couldn't stand up straight. Everything went white.

Also around this time I was doing kickboxing, and would work out really vigorously, and end up passing out when I worked out too hard.

Because of the working out, and passing out, it was becoming annoying, so I went to a doctor and was given this whole barrage of tests:

1. EKG
    2. Heart Holter
    3. Sleep Study
    4. MRI
    5. And finally... a Tilt table test.

It was the tilt table test that did it. I was strapped to a table, they stood it up slowly, and I stood there for 14 seconds and passed out.

I was diagnosed with Vasovagal Syncope. There is a vagal nerve that runs from your head down your body. My nerve is really hyper sensitive. Smoking pot can trigger my body's response on this nerve, and the body will shut down. Working out too hard, getting overheated, smoking pot and getting too high... etc... can do this to you.

I registered on this board just to share my experiences, I hope someone else learned something today and will go to their doctor. Marijuana does not cause the seizure, it's an underlying pre existing problem. Go to a doctor and learn about it, and you'll learn how to detect the warning signs and stop yourself from hitting the floor! Be safe!

ages0ne is offline Registered

Pissed off!

first off, let me thank you all for posting your thoughts on this subject and May God Bless You All.

What brings me to this forum today, is just leaving the doctors office for a 'follow up' because I'm trying to be cleared to get back to work after experiencing seizures after being laid off last January('09).

Basically, I'm pissed because the doctors I visit don't seem interested in what I have to tell them about my experience with seizures (both petit & grand mal) and when I ask for a recommendation to visit a Medicinal dispensary, they treat me like some tweaker just looking for an excuse to go get high.

My doctor isn't willing to clear to get back to construction type work for fear of me having a seizure (which I can understand) although I have expressed numerous times, that my seizures have only occurred during the night and morning hours while in bed. She also said it isn't couth of me to be limiting my prescribed medication (topamax) because it alters my sleeping patterns. She said, because of this, the state of California could take away my drivers license.

She asked if I would be willing to take a sleep aid, so to take the full prescribed dose of topamax, and I asked to have the Medicinal recommendation. She said she would have to 'sit on it' before approving that, but then later in the visit, she brings in another doctor who claims that Cannabis 'makes my brain function at a lower level and become more twitchy'

WTF kind of explanation is that? I've been toking for close to 15 years now, and just last year did the seizures start occurring. The main reason I want a recommendation is to treat the pain in my neck / back after having a seizure, and 2, the medication they have me on, to 'control' the seizures f*cks with my appetite, so I enjoy the munchies Cannabis tends to bring after a nice smoke.

Can anyone recommend a doc I can visit here in Ventura that would be willing to hear my story without assuming I just want to 'get high legally'?

Thanks in advance & God Bless Us All,

--aaron

jamessr is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ages0ne View Post
    first off, let me thank you all for posting your thoughts on this subject and May God Bless You All.

What brings me to this forum today, is just leaving the doctors office for a 'follow up' because I'm trying to be cleared to get back to work after experiencing seizures after being laid off last January('09).

Basically, I'm pissed because the doctors I visit don't seem interested in what I have to tell them about my experience with seizures (both petit & grand mal) and when I ask for a recommendation to visit a Medicinal dispensary, they treat me like some tweaker just looking for an excuse to go get high.

My doctor isn't willing to clear to get back to construction type work for fear of me having a seizure (which I can understand) although I have expressed numerous times, that my seizures have only occurred during the night and morning hours while in bed. She also said it isn't couth of me to be limiting my prescribed medication (topamax) because it alters my sleeping patterns. She said, because of this, the state of California could take away my drivers license.

She asked if I would be willing to take a sleep aid, so to take the full prescribed dose of topamax, and I asked to have the Medicinal recommendation. She said she would have to 'sit on it' before approving that, but then later in the visit, she brings in another doctor who claims that Cannabis 'makes my brain function at a lower level and become more twitchy'

WTF kind of explanation is that? I've been toking for close to 15 years now, and just last year did the seizures start occurring. The main reason I want a recommendation is to treat the pain in my neck / back after having a seizure, and 2, the medication they have me on, to 'control' the seizures f*cks with my appetite, so I enjoy the munchies Cannabis tends to bring after a nice smoke.

Can anyone recommend a doc I can visit here in Ventura that would be willing to hear my story without assuming I just want to 'get high legally'?

Thanks in advance & God Bless Us All,

--aaron
    Look here: http://www.lanorml.org/lanorml_clinics_mds.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast