Thread: Does smoking weed make you fat?

Openmind559 is offline Registered+

Question Does smoking weed make you fat?

Ok ever since someone told me that weed makes you fat i been thinking of quiting toking because im afraid to gain weight. I need to know because its an important question to me. I see lots of stoners here in my town but dont mostly see any fat persons. So does it anyone know?

HiddenBeauty is offline Registered+
    I have not heard this before.Maybe its the munchies,if you sit around on your butt just eating and smoking you will get fat.I smoke quite and I am slim,sometimes smoking kills my appetite but thats because I mix it with baccy.
    "The very man who has argued you down,will sometimes be found,years later,to have been influenced by what you said" ~ C.S.Lewis

It has always been my rule never to smoke when asleep, and never to refrain when awake. ~ Mark Twain

Swizzy89304 is offline Registered+
    Its the munch that does it, although some people have a high metabolism so it doesnt really affect them either way. I have a crap metabolism, and I eat loads, so naturally Im a fat bastard.
    If you get the munch, instead of heading for the crisps, pizza, chocolate etc, plan to get some food before you smoke. Lately Ive been having massive cravings for food that Ive never even eaten before - yam mainly, and the fruit that when you bite into it, the juice just dribbles all down your chin. Yum yum yum.
    Quote Originally Posted by SensiRide
    Swizzy I'm going to have to be honest with you here. When I saw you photo the 1st thing I thought is that you look really old, like in your thirties or something then I had a second look and realised you were probably a bit younger, like 28 or 29, so I'm shocked to find out you're only 18.
    ^^^ I reckon thats pretty cool actually.
    Photos of Herb I upload are MY property. Its our right to smoke Herb freely, as it was put on this planet by Jah and is my free will to do what I and I want.

LIP
    LIP is offline Banned
    Well, im not fat, and i get realy bad muchies...

Swizzy89304 is offline Registered+
    Probs due to youre metabolism, exercise, or what you eat. I have rubbish metablism, the only time I exercise is when I walk to the shop to buy fags, and I mainly eat processed, fatty crap. Starting to change some of that though, Im starting to eat more fruit and veg, and also going down town each day, if only to walk around. Might start going gym again soon so I can get a bit fitter, then move onto some form of self-defence class.
    Quote Originally Posted by SensiRide
    Swizzy I'm going to have to be honest with you here. When I saw you photo the 1st thing I thought is that you look really old, like in your thirties or something then I had a second look and realised you were probably a bit younger, like 28 or 29, so I'm shocked to find out you're only 18.
    ^^^ I reckon thats pretty cool actually.
    Photos of Herb I upload are MY property. Its our right to smoke Herb freely, as it was put on this planet by Jah and is my free will to do what I and I want.

poorprincess is offline Registered+
    the pot will only encourage you to get fat if you already have a problem controlling what you eat. I lost weight when I started to smoke cuz I was so happy I forgot to eat.

Freshy is offline Registered+
    it helps me because i have no appetite and i swim. if i don't eat enuf my immune system doesn't work well and i get sick. i'll go through a pizza or 2 and some protein shake after smoking.
    Most leaders make decisions based on facts. Bush makes facts based on decisions.
    Quote Originally Posted by tokinggreg
    Dumb Ass Republican Entourage
    D.A.R.E

BobMaRleYIsGodLY is offline Registered+
    i smoke alot of herb an eat alot of food an im skinny as all hell....i wish i would gain some damn weight !

icebelowfreeze is offline Registered+
    yeah smoking encourages me to eat better, ill blaze and instead of some fatty shit i could eat good natrual shit that tastes 5 X better just cause i got the muchies, never gained a pound smoking, might have lost a couple pounds though. smoking actually speeds up ur metablism a lil bit unless u sit around the house and do it all day.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulletz144
    Mice injected with THC lived longer than mice that were not injected with THC.

We have cannabis receptors in the brain.(meaning we were CREATED with the choice to use cannabis...why else would God put cannabis receptors in our brain, i think Cannabis is the only drug there is that we already have receptors for)
    Cannabis is an herb....whens the last time God prohibitted the use of an herb?

1234abcd is offline Registered+
    yes you will get the "stoners spare tire" according to the governments anti drug sites and will turn into a fat munchie eating monster!!

"if it aint bubbles, it's not worth the troubles"

orangeman is offline Banned
    I wish it did, I need the extra weight.

MaryJaneScott is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by 1234abcd
    yes you will get the "stoners spare tire" according to the governments anti drug sites and will turn into a fat munchie eating monster!!
    Well, if we are going to pretend that what the government tells us about smoking pot is true... then also be prepared to kill your parents, burn down churches, and possibly eat small children for breakfast...

I used to play in a Death Metal band. People either loved us or they hated us... or they just thought we were "okay."

I put fruit on top of my waffles 'cause I want something to brush off.

When I was a boy, I laid my twin size bed wonderin' where my brother was...

Mitch Hedberg **Feb. 24, 1968 - March 29, 2005**

Captain Hanks is offline Registered+
    believe it or not
    if used correctly
    cannabis can help you lose weight
    ....if it does make u fat its eating all that pizza becuz of the munchies
    to avoid this try eating something healthy and use it to ur adavantage
    Disclaimer: Any posts made by me are purely fictional in nature and by no means is anything I say to be taken seriously. I do not use, grow or condone the growing of anything not legal. Any and all pictures I post are pictures widley available on the internet and any discussions I am involved in are purely hypothetical or are commentary in nature and should not constitute advice or be considered advice to assist in activities that are deemed illegal.