Thread: THC and CBD and anxiety

phytokind is offline Registered+

THC and CBD and anxiety

There are some interesting scientific papers out there about how THC can increase anxiety, while CBD very effectively decreases anxiety. Cannabis with lots of red crystals is higher in CBD, as the THC has been allowed to degrade. Soo if you get panic attacks or get too paranoid when smoking cannabis, you'll probably want to get the stuff with the red crystals.

Storm Crow is offline Registered+
    Phyto, how about the URLs? Science geeks want to know!

Here's a link to the paper that led me to be interested in CBD:

http://www.scielo.br/scielo.php?scri...lng=en&nrm=iso

Captain Hanks is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by phytokind View Post
    There are some interesting scientific papers out there about how THC can increase anxiety, while CBD very effectively decreases anxiety. Cannabis with lots of red crystals is higher in CBD, as the THC has been allowed to degrade. Soo if you get panic attacks or get too paranoid when smoking cannabis, you'll probably want to get the stuff with the red crystals.
    i've heard of red hairs... red cyrstals?
    Disclaimer: Any posts made by me are purely fictional in nature and by no means is anything I say to be taken seriously. I do not use, grow or condone the growing of anything not legal. Any and all pictures I post are pictures widley available on the internet and any discussions I am involved in are purely hypothetical or are commentary in nature and should not constitute advice or be considered advice to assist in activities that are deemed illegal.

Freemount is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hanks View Post
    i've heard of red hairs... red cyrstals?
    I think he means amber crystals.

Yeah amber crystals. I had some kind once that they let go seriously amber, and it was major total couchlock, and zero paranoia. A bunch of cops could have raided my dorm room and I wouldn't have cared one bit.

Storm Crow is offline Registered+
    Thank you Phyto and here's one for you! http://ccicnewsletter.com LOTS of interesting stuff- their August issue came out yesterday. User friendly site, even if the articles are a bit beyond the average reader. One of the six abstracts I snagged for my medical notebook was "Anxiolytic-like effect of cannabidiol in the rat Vogel conflict test"(Translation-Rats who got CBD were less stressed out than the THC rats. )There was recently a doctor in Australia who got busted for growing a lot of pot. He was let off the hook when it was found that his pot had very little THC- I wonder if he was growing high CBD pot? Try doing a search on-- Cannabis CBD abstract --for all the latest on CBD research.

Thanks for the resource, I haven't seen that site before. The more information the better

bhouncy is offline Registered+
    What strains are highest in CBD and lower in THC? I'm very interested in this since I have schizophrenia and at times some weed can play havoc with my condition. I've stopped for that very reason. By the way that article was very interesting and is exactly what I've been looking for in my search for lowering my anxiety.

orangeman is offline Banned
    Yes they do claim that CBD does leave some of the anxiety causing properties behind that THC carries but who doesnt enjoy that good potent THC high? I enjoy couch-lock no doubt but you gotta love paranoia to laugh about it when you sober up .

Found another article that shows that a trial in the UK with CBD for schizophrenia. There IS light at the end of the tunnel!

Quote Originally Posted by orangeman View Post
    Yes they do claim that CBD does leave some of the anxiety causing properties behind that THC carries but who doesnt enjoy that good potent THC high? I enjoy couch-lock no doubt but you gotta love paranoia to laugh about it when you sober up .
    I understand where you are coming from and there was a time I thought it was fun. However when paranoia leads to panic attacks it can be a scary experience so anything that can alleviate that is a good thing.

orangeman is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bhouncy View Post
    What strains are highest in CBD and lower in THC? I'm very interested in this since I have schizophrenia and at times some weed can play havoc with my condition. I've stopped for that very reason. By the way that article was very interesting and is exactly what I've been looking for in my search for lowering my anxiety.
    Any strain that is mostly indica or indica dominant and allowed to be flowered up until most trichomes turn amber and degrade from THC. What more could you ask for .

And as for the panic attacks, the only time I have those are when I think my marijuana is laced and since I'm strongly believing the guys I'm dealing with now either grow the shit or knows the guys that do I'm not worried about that happening so paranoia doesnt lead to attacks for me lol.

Quote Originally Posted by orangeman View Post
    Any strain that is mostly indica or indica dominant and allowed to be flowered up until most trichomes turn amber and degrade from THC. What more could you ask for .
    Thanks. I guess it's northern lights for me!

LOL.. forgot to post the link.. here it is...

http://cannabis.net/medicine/index.html

robert42 is offline Registered+
    Interesting good read, both links thank you!
    gimme some cbd

and for those who get paranoid or have anxiety ever heard of st johns wort? its a herb that works VERY well fro some people
    Why is marijuana not legal? Why is marijuana not legal?
    It's a natural plant that grows in the dirt.
    Do you know what's not natural?
    80 year old dudes with hard-ons. That's not natural.
    But we got pills for that.
    We're dedicating all our medical resources to keeping the old guys erect,
    but we're putting people in jail for something that grows in the dirt?

GONE but hopefully not forgotton

from wikipidia:

Wide-leafed Cannabis indica plants in India, Afghanistan and Pakistan are traditionally cultivated for the production of hashish. Pharmacologically, the wide-leafed "indica" landraces tend to have a higher cannabidiol (CBD) content than "sativa" drug strains.[5] Most commercially available "indica" strains have been selected for low levels of CBD (which is not psychoactive), with some users reporting more of a "high" and less of a "stoned" effect from "indica" compared to "sativa". Differences in the terpenoid content of the essential oil may account for some of these differences in effect.[6][7] Common "indica" strains for recreational use are 'White Widow' and 'Northern Lights'.

A recent genetic analysis included both the narrow-leaflet and wide-leaflet drug "biotypes" under C. indica, as well as southern and eastern Asian hemp (fiber/seed) landraces and wild Himalayan populations.[8]
    INDICA STRAINS:
    Afghani #1
    Butterscotch Hawaiian
    Celtic Stone
    Early Girl
    G-SUS
    Kush
    Lightstorm
    Mango
    Mazar
    Newberry
    Northern Lights #1
    Oasis (Northern Lights #2)
    Manghani (A very resinous Mango x Afghan)
    Millennium Bud
    Mongolian
    Mother of Mercy*
    Romulan
    Alaskan Matanuska Thunderfuck*
    Mad Shad
    Sour Bubble (ahx1)

Indica Dominant HybridsAurora Indica (Nirvana) [Afghani x Northern Lights]
    Blueberry (DJ Short) [(Oaxacan Gold x Chocolate Thai) x (Highland Thai x Afghani)]
    Bubblicious (Nirvana)
    Celtic Stone (Celtic Stone Seeds) (Stonehedge x Dixie Crystal)
    Holland's Hope (Dutch Passion) [Big Bud x Skunk #1]
    lemon stinky (crazy x seed's)[sensi star x chronic]
    Northern Berry (Peak Seeds, Hygro) [Northern Lights #5 x Blueberry]
    BC Purple Star (BC Bud) [Purple Star (Holland) x BC Purple Indica]
    Skunk Kush (Sensi) [Hindu Kush x Skunk #1]
    Snow White (Nirvana)
    White Indica (Ceres Seeds) [Afghani x Afghani x Skunk#1]
    White Rhino (Greenhouse Seeds) [White Widow x Unknown Indica]

also this is a good link: http://www.idmu.co.uk/canstressdepres.htm and also: http://www.druglibrary.org/olsen/MEDICAL/cbd.html for all u science heads :P