Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Dizziness and feeling of fainting after smoking? Whats wrong with me?

LiveWacker is offline Registered+

Dizziness and feeling of fainting after smoking? Whats wrong with me?

Well around 2 days ago I smoked a bit in the morning. Ive smoked marijuana around 11-12 times now so I know how to smoke it properly. But 2 days ago I mean wow. I was lying on my bed playing my XB360 and then I decided to get up and have a glass of water(I was starting to feel a buzz until then). Immediatly I became extremely dizzy. My heart was beating at a crazy speed and I was shaking and sweating. My whole vision became blurry and I was losing my balance and I was on the verge of fainting. I was really scared cuz this had never happened to me before.

I was smoking out of a highlighter pipe that me and my friend made. I had already used it before without problems. Would I have maybe inhaled some plastic fumes? I doubt this since Ive already used the highlighter pipe on 2 occasions before without the symptoms I experienced 2 days ago.

Ive heard of Orthostatic hypotension that occurs when someone goes from a seated or lying down position to an upright position which causes a significant drop in blood pressure which could have some of the dizziness symptoms I had. Especially since my heart was beating at an abnormal rate because of the cannabis I had just smoked. (Which can cause abnormal blood flow to the brain, which can cause dizziness mixed with Orthostatic Hypotension.)

Has this ever happened to anyone else? I really want to smoke marijuana again and enjoy its effects but I am scared that I might experience this effects again. Am I normal or am I just messed up?

Any help or advice appreciated,

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

kindprincess is offline Registered+
    happens all the time, syptoms ease with time, pot messes with your bloodsugar/heart rate, blood pressure...
    excerpts from greg green's cannabis grow bible http://boards.cannabis.com/basic-growing/94493-some-information-greg-greens-grow-bible-posted-kp-your-perusal.html

dreamgoddess partial log.... i might update this one day, as this became my #1 mom http://boards.cannabis.com/indoor-growing/95283-godbud-x-dreamweaver%3B-seed-clone.html

Quote Originally Posted by Weedhound View Post
    KP YOU GO GIRL!!!

don't wrry bout it
    excerpts from greg green's cannabis grow bible http://boards.cannabis.com/showthread.php?t=94493

dreamgoddess partial log.... i might update this one day, as this became my #1 mom http://boards.cannabis.com/showthread.php?t=95283

KP YOU GO GIRL!!!

Are you sure its normal? I mean I was like on the verge of fainting...very unpleasent feeling. It had never happened to me before. The heart beat and blood pressure thing I knew was quite normal but then like shaking and feeling like I was gonna pass out was new to me. :-P

birdgirl73 is offline Registered
    People have all sorts of reactions to smoking weed, inlcuding fainting and dizziness, jitters and perspiration and agitation. Depends on the individual who's smoking, how he's feeling, and how the weed affects him. I'm sure it also depends a lot on the strain you're smoking and what its sativa vs indica content is.

Consider your response easily within the realm of normal from what I've read about responses to weed, albeit a strong enough response that it'd be wise to proceed cautiously the next time. You may find some interesting and reassuring info on one or both of these sites:
    http://www.erowid.org/ (see Plants & Drugs/Cannabis)
    http://www.norml.org/ (navigate to the Medical Use area)

Breukelen advocaat is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by LiveWacker View Post
    Has this ever happened to anyone else? I really want to smoke marijuana again and enjoy its effects but I am scared that I might experience this effects again. Am I normal or am I just messed up?
    Any help or advice appreciated,
    I started smoking a long time ago. Over the past 10 years, the stuff has changed drastically - not just in potency, but in side effects like the ones you described above. We're seeing these, and other, symptoms often on this board. I'm at a loss to explain it, other than much the stuff that's being grown is not "natural" anymore. It's probably not a question of indica or sativa, because they're being combined into hybrid strains.

We had really strong (mostly) imported stuff years ago, such as Thai, Black Gunji (from India), Hawaiian, all kinds of Hash, Hash Oil, etc., and I hung with a lot of smokers and dealers. We'd smoke it all, and often mixed them together in joints and pipes. I cannot remember anyone having problems with weed like we're seeing here on an almost daily basis, even when the domestics like "sensi", and others., started coming around in the late 70's and 80's.

That's why I've cut down to practically nothing for the time being. The problem is, at the very least, that these super-Sativa strains and hybrids are just difficult to use on a day-to-day basis, even for people that can handle very powerful varities. At worst, they have a bad effect - especially on people with relatively little experience, or those who have been out of the MJ loop for a long time.
    Last edited by Breukelen advocaat; Oct-28-2006 at 01:41.

darkside is offline Registered+
    its not necessarily the weed. if you get up quickly from a lying down position the blood will rush away from your brain into your lower extremities. weed causes dilation of blood vessels and lowers bp so it makes it more likely in some cases. you just had a headrush and panicked because you were high.
    sonicx likes this.
    Legalize it, don't criticize it.
    Legalize it yeah, yeah
    And I will advertise it.

ghettoBlunt is offline Registered+
    i call those freebies

dont worry it happens to some people, dont get too anxious to jump off the couch and you wont get it...they do get sketchy tho

orangeman is offline Banned
    I'd say you were just too high + had a panic attack. Being scared when high only makes shit worse. Especially with your paranoia thoughts. Dont worry, you'll get used to it and eventually asked what happened to the old effects you used to have when you werent used to being very high.
    sonicx likes this.

Alright thanks alot guys, means alot to me and its pretty reasurring. I guess Ill try not to smoke alone anymore and Ill be more cuatious next time.

dutch.lover is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by darkside View Post
    its not necessarily the weed. if you get up quickly from a lying down position the blood will rush away from your brain into your lower extremities. weed causes dilation of blood vessels and lowers bp so it makes it more likely in some cases. you just had a headrush and panicked because you were high.
    what these guys have been saying is true, getting up quickly can cause a headrush, coupled with the low blood pressure already from the weed already would definitely cause those symptoms. also, the act of smoking alone can cause headrushes because instead of your body inhaling oxygen, it's inhaling smoke so your brain might not be getting enuff oxygen= headrush. a few friends and i were smoking out of a third lung once when one of them blacked out from it. i'd say its just from the lack of oxygen/low bp.

charmed quark is offline Registered
    It's a well know effect callled "positional hypotension" which means low blood pressure when you sit up. It's because THC dilates blood vessels. It's the same reason it can raise your heart rate.

I think some varieties may be more likely to cause this than others. Also, your suceptability to this may be higher than average, either because you were tired, had low blood sugar, or just have poorer blood pressure control.

God damnit, it happened to me again yesterday. I feel so uncomfortable and dizzy and it lasted for hours. I really dunno if its my body or what. Its true I was smoking out of a gravity waterfall bong so I was moving alot but as soon as I sat down and took a rip I like got that dizzy feeling all over again. Damn it sucks. It happens like once every 3 times.

burnable is offline Registered+
    I notice the only times stuff like that happens to me is when I'm smoking alone. Maybe it happens when people are there too, but I don't notice it. You get more paranoid smoking alone.
    it also happens when I'm sitting down only. usually it motivates me to exercise

happens to me at least once a day. just happened a second ago, as ammatter of fact; glad i was sitting here

love, kp
    excerpts from greg green's cannabis grow bible http://boards.cannabis.com/showthread.php?t=94493

dreamgoddess partial log.... i might update this one day, as this became my #1 mom http://boards.cannabis.com/showthread.php?t=95283

KP YOU GO GIRL!!!

lowryderulez is offline Registered+
    i dont get faint but i do go pale in the face and people notice which sucks, but having said that, i get pale when i drink more than 5 pints, or if i exercise too much

Lowryder & Northern Lights Cab Grow...:
    http://boards.cannabis.com/showthrea...37#post1100937

Get high off your own supply
    Stay Blazed

savagepossum is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by Breukelen advocaat View Post
    I started smoking a long time ago. Over the past 10 years, the stuff has changed drastically - not just in potency, but in side effects like the ones you described above. We're seeing these, and other, symptoms often on this board. I'm at a loss to explain it, other than much the stuff that's being grown is not "natural" anymore. It's probably not a question of indica or sativa, because they're being combined into hybrid strains.

We had really strong (mostly) imported stuff years ago, such as Thai, Black Gunji (from India), Hawaiian, all kinds of Hash, Hash Oil, etc., and I hung with a lot of smokers and dealers. We'd smoke it all, and often mixed them together in joints and pipes. I cannot remember anyone having problems with weed like we're seeing here on an almost daily basis, even when the domestics like "sensi", and others., started coming around in the late 70's and 80's.

That's why I've cut down to practically nothing for the time being. The problem is, at the very least, that these super-Sativa strains and hybrids are just difficult to use on a day-to-day basis, even for people that can handle very powerful varities. At worst, they have a bad effect - especially on people with relatively little experience, or those who have been out of the MJ loop for a long time.
    hey you seem to know quite alot about this could you list some strains which you smoked before things changed

JackdaWack is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by darkside View Post
    100% correct, this happens with out smoking so smoking just increases your chances and aswell can make u panic. remeber always stay calm your weed is always your friend never an enemy.

If your blacking out from smoking and not moving your taking one hell of a bong rip. we use a 3 foot steam roller to do this, BFG!!!! BIg FUCKin ghost. smoke is so white...you get the point.
    Last edited by JackdaWack; Nov-24-2006 at 20:16.
    I'm entitled to my opinion, and my opinion is that your not allowed to have an opinion. - George Carlin

We don't have rights, it's just that simple.

The best way to accomplish anything is through education.

Smoke WEEED

Kilo0192 is offline Registered+
    I get those all time actually they are kinda weird like everything goes black and all tingly and such. When it happens to me I just take a couple deep breathes and it goes away. But sometimes I have to hold on to something otherwise I'll fall over, but I have grown used to it. Actually sometimes it's rather enjoyable kinda like a really harsh trip that only lasts a few secs.
    Don't talk so much, but watch instead and see where things go.

five0addict is offline Registered+
    stop smoking out of plastic!!!

u should never re use a homemade piece
    i know that feeling cause a month ago i was chilling with my friends and all we had was a old bong made out of a bottle, it drew ok but it had a plastic after taste to it. it made my brain feel like it was overfilled with fluid. it hurt pretty bad.
    the lesson is dont reuse anything homemade (unless the homemade piece is made properly)
    obviously the one you used wasent made well.

Kilo0192 is offline Registered+
    bah plastic!!! I never smoke out of plastic well unless its a tempered plastic but thats different and its a bong so the smokes cooled before the plastic contact.
    Don't talk so much, but watch instead and see where things go.

shovlboy is offline Registered+
    you sure you werent sittin too close to your XBOX360?

CanGro is offline Registered+
    Yay welcome to the world of the uber stoned.

What you exsperienced is commonly known as a whitey.

You get these feeling from being extremely high on certain strains of the ganga. Its nothing really to worry about, ive had states when ive acctually passed out.
    The strain of ganga can cause different effects, but most cause your blood pressure to drop a little.
    The name whitey came because people go white in the face, as you do when ur about to pass out.

Enjoy it is all i can say. Cause once your body gets used to the ganga(and not form smoking it 12 or so times). Im talking like me ive been smokin the bud for about 5-6 years and only had this effect when i first started to smoke or when ive gone long periods of time without smoking it.

Its all part of the *HIGH*
    Fuck it have a bucket, nope smoke some dope, wrong have a bong.
    If life was to be taken serious, god wouldnt have created da weed.

Alright. Sounds reassuring. Its just that this doesnt last for a few minutes...this last for a good 1-2 hours. Ive noticed its worst when i sit down. Here is exacly what i did when this happened the other day:

Take a hit out of the gravity bong

Walked to the window blew smoke out window (My first one was a big hit...it was hurting my lungs and burning my throat so I was running to the window to blow the smoke out so it wouldnt smell in the house.)

Took another hit went to blow smoke out window.

Sat down on couch while watching TV and took 2-3 hits.

Immediatly after the feeling came over me and i felt like fainting and i felt dizzy and my head had a fucked up feeling for the next 1-2 hours.

Anyways whats funny is that i smoked the day before with the same cannabis and I had a nice pleasurebale high that lasted a while. I dunno if its the cannabis or the thing im smoking out of. This time it was a homemade waterfall gravity bong.

Oh well next time i guess i might try buying some from a different person. Or ill buy myself a pipe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast