Cannabis.com

Thread: Moving indoor clones to outdoors????

PurpleMeds is offline Registered+

Question Moving indoor clones to outdoors????

I just got a few clones from a dispensary and of course they were indoor grown. I am going to grow them outdoors.

Does anyone know if there are techniques to putting them outdoors?? I dont want to get them sunburnt. Maybe they can go out directly in the sun but I dont know if that is good for them or not.

If anyone has suggestions I would like to hear them all, thanks

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

phatsesh101 is offline Registered+
    i think most people wait till bout may to put them outside, not sure though

fluid69 is offline Registered+
    Jorge cervantes covers that in his ultimate grow dvd,(which kicks ass!) He says to take them outside for a couple hours the first day, then bring them back in. keep doing this and everyday, leaving them outside an hour or two more each day, until the leaves toughen up, (around 5 days)

oh yeah what they said
    but i also put them in the shade at first also cause one time i messed up and put one straight into the sun and it wilted to death like it never hardend

yeah, just ease into it, should be O.K.

Cool, thanks everyone I just put them in a spot where they got minimal time in direct sunlight and then shade for the rest of the day. Did that for about 4 or 5 days, now they can withstand direct sun for many hours.

I did notice though when they are in the sun too long they will turn away from the sun and kinda slump over. I just put them in the shade but still outside and they stood straight back up within minutes.

nice! thanks for posting back to let us know it works. that's a good piece of knowledge.

Bloomingdale81 is offline Registered
    I have always put them out directly with no problem, just a little superthrive

DrMota is offline Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloomingdale81 View Post
    I have always put them out directly with no problem, just a little superthrive
    That's 1 method, but the thing about this stuff is that there isn't only 1 way there are hundreds if not thousands, the best method I recommend is one that works 4 you. Taking it out everyday while its young to catch sun is good and by the 3rd week it should be capable of taking on the outdoor all together, you can also mature the plant indoor 1gal,2gal,3gal, then take it outdoor when its about 1' or so. Just make sure the season is correct and wont make you plant flower early. PEACE

PS. I bet you already solved your prob and your plant must be huge by now since you 1st posted in APRIL

Yeah, but I did do it too early and it started to flower but in the last couple of weeks I have noticed the veg is starting again. I am growing some Gdp and Lavender they are small yeilder but I started them so long ago and now they are startin the veg again...hopin they get huge considerin they are both small veggin plants.

yeah found notes nor cal may 15

DrMota is offline Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleMeds View Post
    Yeah, but I did do it too early and it started to flower but in the last couple of weeks I have noticed the veg is starting again. I am growing some Gdp and Lavender they are small yeilder but I started them so long ago and now they are startin the veg again...hopin they get huge considerin they are both small veggin plants.
    Good to hear man. Both are great strains classic and favorites as well.

I would not 'bring them in & out' as 'Jorge' suggests (that guy has screws loose, anyway ) ... that only raises the probability of bringing insects into your indoor grow area ... instead, place your potted plants in a shady spot for a couple days, then 'gradually' introduce them to direct sunlight ... this should sufficiently 'harden' them off ... good growing

LolaGal is offline Registered+
    ^What IR said....

I got a little bleaching on mine from too much sun, but they recovered.
    Smoke Weed, Save Whales, Ban Nuclear Power

NORCALGRN is offline Registered

new outdoor purp kush an huckleberry

im starting my babys outdoor and i started them under indoor light the trick is like already said ease your plants into the sun cause its a lot hotter and brighter light than any indoor. i have an indoor and outdoor grow going my outdoor are two purple kush and two huckleberry im planning on planting them on about june 10th and this is my first outdoor grow theyll be in a compost pile ive had for about 10 years and ive had other veggies in this and they do enormously well so im also putting some 707, happy frog, and royal gold mendo mix in with it so im hopeing for the best. any advice on these strains and how they do outdoors would be much appreciated. ill put up pics in a bit.

NORCALGRN

NORCALGRN is offline Registered

new outdoor purp kush an huckleberry

im starting my babys outdoor and i started them under indoor light the trick is like already said ease your plants into the sun cause its a lot hotter and brighter light than any indoor. i have an indoor and outdoor grow going my outdoor are two purple kush and two huckleberry im planning on planting them on about june 10th and this is my first outdoor grow theyll be in a compost pile ive had for about 10 years and ive had other veggies in this and they do enormously well so im also putting some 707, happy frog, and royal gold mendo mix in with it so im hopeing for the best. any advice on these strains and how they do outdoors would be much appreciated.

NORCALGRN
    Attached Images Attached Images