Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Got caught with weed at school and school called the Police! What to do?

blackjack101 is offline Registered+
    Well in my Opinion, you desearve it. You should NEVER EVER take pot to school. but if you do keep it on you Becouse the police/school administrators have the permision to search your locker but not you.

billbong is offline Registered

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by littlegcs93 View Post
    well its to late for that!
    pesonally i'd NOT grass, lucky you've got the 5th, i would hope you won't even get probation, deny selling and admit posession or just remain silent. And let it be known what a coward your friend is and not to trust him.

Unlucky i feel for ya bro, keep ya head up and refuse to be bullied.

Mississippi Steve is offline Registered+
    I'm asking for help NOT your opion about me!
    Not opinion, but fact.....

You lied about your age to register on this site.(This does not bode well with the adults on here)

In this neck of the woods, possession of any illicit drugs and/or parifinalia within 1000 feet of a school or church is a FELONY....you go directly to jail, do not pass GO, do not collect $200.

That being said, the *FIRST* thing you need to do is tell your parents before the school/leos do. Second, get a lawyer.

When you do go to court, get a hair cut, put your hair back to its natural color(nobody likes "clown hair"), and be respectful. Unless your asked to discribe something, your only answers should be "Yes Sir", "No Sir", or "I don't know Sir".

You screwed up, now man up and do whats right.
    READ MY LIPS!!!
    WEED, SCHOOLS AND/OR CARS DON'T MIX!!!

Don't put yourself in a position where somebody has to *DO* something about it in the first place!!

Pacifism is a luxury paid for by warriors.

http://boards.cannabis.com/cannabis-...c-blue-f2.html

kembo7 is offline Registered
    First and foremost, understand that any trouble you get into at school will recommend a more severe punishment. Moral of the story, don't get into shit at school. I never have.

Second, I only registered on this site to help YOU. I am 17 years old, yeah I lied to register too, but what I am doing is trying to help this kid not screw himself over. I did it for a good cause.

Now, let's get to the real deal..you're fine, this is your first offense, I live in San Diego, and so I am familiar with the laws. I've been arrested four times for multiple offenses, ranging from citations to felonies. I got off probation this past week, and my record is in the process of being sealed and expunged.

One thing you need to do is NOT say anything about the 5th or 'not feeling comfortable'. Not feeling comfortable is a dead giveaway to holding something back. Lie, and lie convincingly. One member already gave a good point, plenty of people buy bud and pieces from people they don't know, tell the court you bought the weed and pipe from a Mexican guy named Mario on so and so street. As for distribution charges, it's hearsay. Turn the tables on your friend and tell them he's just trying to save his ass, you don't sell, you smoke. Make that clear.

I'm a little surprised your court date is in a week. You just got arrested. Usually they give you a little more time to arrange meetings with a lawyer. Personally, I took the state-appointed lawyer. Ignorant people think since it is virtually a free lawyer, it is not a GOOD lawyer. These lawyers do the same shit, for the same crimes, every day. They are EXPERIENCED. I had one of these lawyers, she charged me 56 dollars for a case regarding two felonies. Besides, you can even talk to her, and then if you don't like her, find a 'real' lawyer. Everything is confidential when you speak to her. You have the choice.

Your lawyer will tell you how to prepare for the case, what to bring, etc. There is alot, and I'm not going to list it all. Do not stress. You will not go to juvenile hall, you've already been charged with a misdemeanor, and if they didn't take you when they caught you, they won't take you now. If I had to estimate the result of this, I'd say a few Correctional Behavior Classes, maybe 20-40 hours of community service, and although I doubt it, at the worst, probation. They'll make you write a few essays, and your school might put you on supervision.

That's basically all that can happen. If you have any questions, ask.

Oh yeah, and, that case that I got charged 56 bucks, I got off with 6 months probation.
    Last edited by kembo7; Apr-19-2009 at 14:58.

Yesterday I got caught with about $20-$25 amount of weed and a USED PIPE in my locker and if that wasn't bad enough my friend strate up cold blooded told the principle and pointed at ME and told him that I gave him weed before just to safe his own @ss! Then they suspended me for a week and called the cops because I would not tell them who gave ME the weed! The cop came and gave me a court date. The court date is in like a week. This is my first offense ever (this all happened at school). So what should I expect from the court? Em I going to have to tell who I bought the WEED AND WHO BOUGHT THE PIPE FOR ME or take the risk of going to Juvenile Hall for NOT telling them?!?! Also I plan on pleading the 5th when they ask me were I got the weed and who bought the pipe for me so I don't have to tell them were i got it from! WILL THAT WORK? So basically I'm going down for selling to my friend and being in possession of weed! Best and worst case?

I'm 16 and
    the cop put it down
    as a misdemeanor
    if that makes a difference!

I know you have to be 18 or older to join this site but can you just help me out here?
    A few more things I just noticed...

First, remember this, if your going to do illegal things, at least strategize for the time that you may get caught. After this, know your rights and know what you should and shouldn't say.

Second, THIS IS IMPORTANT. The school would have treated this as a school matter if you hadn't given them 'attitude'. They call that being defiant. You witheld information about where you had recieved this weed. Next time, don't be like, "i'm not telling", just give them fake info. This whole thing is the school system and court system trying to teach you a lesson; that's all it is. It comes down to principles of lying and telling the truth.

KillerBudG is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by kembo7 View Post
    Second, I only registered on this site to help YOU. I am 17 years old, yeah I lied to register too, but what I am doing is trying to help this kid not screw himself over. I did it for a good cause.
    ...Your a kid to so no justifyin that.!

Now, let's get to the real deal..you're fine, this is your first offense, I live in San Diego, and so I am familiar with the laws. I've been arrested four times for multiple offenses, ranging from citations to felonies. I got off probation this past week, and my record is in the process of being sealed and expunged.
    ..Congrats 2 you now keep ur ass out of trouble playa.

One thing you need to do is NOT say anything about the 5th or 'not feeling comfortable'. Not feeling comfortable is a dead giveaway to holding something back. Lie, and lie convincingly. One member already gave a good point, plenty of people buy bud and pieces from people they don't know, tell the court you bought the weed and pipe from a Mexican guy named Mario on so and so street. As for distribution charges, it's hearsay. Turn the tables on your friend and tell them he's just trying to save his ass, you don't sell, you smoke. Make that clear.
    ...Agreeable don't say nothing about I PLEA THA 5TH.., LIe.. okay but don't catch yourself up in a lie as this will have greater consequences if found you are lyin., Yea make sure they know you smoke thats all I would even go as far to say it was my friend who turned be on to smokin...But I am not a rat so I take my action and consequences as a man. You decide what matters more to you pushin your actions onto sum1 else or havin the dignity and that shit to man up for your actions.

I'm a little surprised your court date is in a week. You just got arrested. Usually they give you a little more time to arrange meetings with a lawyer. Personally, I took the state-appointed lawyer. Ignorant people think since it is virtually a free lawyer, it is not a GOOD lawyer. These lawyers do the same shit, for the same crimes, every day. They are EXPERIENCED. I had one of these lawyers, she charged me 56 dollars for a case regarding two felonies. Besides, you can even talk to her, and then if you don't like her, find a 'real' lawyer. Everything is confidential when you speak to her. You have the choice.
    When it comes to school and drugs/gun/ect. they do not play they wanna get theses kinda matters taken care of a soon as they can. And wanna make sure the school is a safe place to learn at.... State appointed lawyers= PD... Public Defender...= penitentiary Deliver... Good for certain cases... Drug sales weapon charges an shit not good to go with them, But better than going with nothin as theses PD's owe and do favors for each other and shit. They sometime swap & swap you give us this case and we give you the other1 to help each other get higher up an shit like dat so becareful.

Your lawyer will tell you how to prepare for the case, what to bring, etc. There is alot, and I'm not going to list it all. Do not stress. You will not go to juvenile hall, you've already been charged with a misdemeanor, and if they didn't take you when they caught you, they won't take you now. If I had to estimate the result of this, I'd say a few Correctional Behavior Classes, maybe 20-40 hours of community service, and although I doubt it, at the worst, probation. They'll make you write a few essays, and your school might put you on supervision.
    Hmm Misdemeanors usually up to like $10,000 max fine with 3 year max jail time. As this is more likely a petty misdemeanor you won't get jail time. Only reason they gave you misdemeanor is you was at school so don't get to worried. Look forward to some probation..community service or fine either 1....and watch your school as they might take it up wit school board to try an expel/kick out of the district...and don't be surprised if you are ordered to complete drug control/cleansing classes

That's basically all that can happen. If you have any questions, ask.

Well I think most all it is summed up what will happen as of this post and all previously.
    Oh yeah, and, that case that I got charged 56 bucks, I got off with 6 months probation.
    And every situation is diffrent so there might be a little give or take here. $56... Hmm seems fishy to me....."I've been arrested four times for multiple offenses, ranging from citations to felonies"..... Where I am from if that was true either your lying or your snitchin. 17 multiple arrest and close to adult... Judge we have decide to charge him as an adult.But hey that is my opine I know tha streets an how tha system works but w/e. Good luck to ya kid remember don't make same mistake twice... I would not rat on my friend but i would give him a ass kickin he would not soon 4get... But My SIG says it all.

~One~
    ~BudG~
    I think there are plenty of good people in America, but there are also plenty of bad people in America and the bad ones are the ones who seem to have all the power and be in these positions to block things that you and I need. You and I have to preserve the right to do what is necessary to bring an end to that situation, I dont advocate violence,but at the same time I am not against using violence in self-defense. I don't even call it violence when it's self-defense, I call it intelligence.

JaggedEdge is offline Registered+
    Ignorant people think since it is virtually a free lawyer, it is not a GOOD lawyer. These lawyers do the same shit, for the same crimes, every day. They are EXPERIENCED. I had one of these lawyers, she charged me 56 dollars for a case regarding two felonies. Besides, you can even talk to her, and then if you don't like her, find a 'real' lawyer. Everything is confidential when you speak to her. You have the choice.
    I have to disagree with you here. All lawyers are not created equally. If he or his parents have the money, I would suggest buying a decent lawyer. They don't get paid hardly anything despite the time and money they spent on law school. There are basically two reasons someone would do that job.

1. They aren't a good enough lawyer to open their own practice or join a major law firm.

2. They simply enjoy giving back to the less fortunate and are very qualified.

More than likely a person ends up with option one. Also, attorneys appointed by the state are extremely overworked, he/she may not be able to give enough attention to his case.
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
    -Thomas Jefferson

"How much pain they have cost us, the evils which have never happened.
    "
    -Thomas Jefferson

MPLSweedman is offline Registered+
    bringing a bag to school is ok once in a while, but a smelly pipe?? why??

if you ever do that again, KEEP IT ON YOUR BODY so you have total control. if you get called to the office, ditch it in the hallway on the way there, but never, ever leave it in an area where you cant see it

Mississippi Steve is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by MPLSweedman View Post
    bringing a bag to school is ok once in a while, but a smelly pipe?? why??

if you ever do that again, KEEP IT ON YOUR BODY so you have total control. if you get called to the office, ditch it in the hallway on the way there, but never, ever leave it in an area where you cant see it
    Bringing a bag to school is *NEVER* ok, neither is bringing a pipe, or papers or anything else that is related to *ANY* illicit activities.

Goes back to the prime directive..... Never put yourself in a position where somebody has to *DO* something about it.
    READ MY LIPS!!!
    WEED, SCHOOLS AND/OR CARS DON'T MIX!!!

Don't put yourself in a position where somebody has to *DO* something about it in the first place!!

Pacifism is a luxury paid for by warriors.

http://boards.cannabis.com/cannabis-...c-blue-f2.html

KillerBudG is offline Registered+

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Mississippi Steve View Post
    Bringing a bag to school is *NEVER* ok, neither is bringing a pipe, or papers or anything else that is related to *ANY* illicit activities.

Goes back to the prime directive..... Never put yourself in a position where somebody has to *DO* something about it.
    Well said

~One~
    ~BudG~
    I think there are plenty of good people in America, but there are also plenty of bad people in America and the bad ones are the ones who seem to have all the power and be in these positions to block things that you and I need. You and I have to preserve the right to do what is necessary to bring an end to that situation, I dont advocate violence,but at the same time I am not against using violence in self-defense. I don't even call it violence when it's self-defense, I call it intelligence.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerBudG View Post

..Congrats 2 you now keep ur ass out of trouble playa.

4sho..good lookin.

When it comes to school and drugs/gun/ect. they do not play they wanna get theses kinda matters taken care of a soon as they can. And wanna make sure the school is a safe place to learn at.... State appointed lawyers= PD... Public Defender...= penitentiary Deliver... Good for certain cases... Drug sales weapon charges an shit not good to go with them, But better than going with nothin as theses PD's owe and do favors for each other and shit. They sometime swap & swap you give us this case and we give you the other1 to help each other get higher up an shit like dat so becareful.

i aint know about the bottom part, but if i was an adult, i wouldnt go wit a public defender, but i heard wit juveniles they put in more effort, and they proved that wit me.

Hmm Misdemeanors usually up to like $10,000 max fine with 3 year max jail time. As this is more likely a petty misdemeanor you won't get jail time. Only reason they gave you misdemeanor is you was at school so don't get to worried. Look forward to some probation..community service or fine either 1....and watch your school as they might take it up wit school board to try an expel/kick out of the district...and don't be surprised if you are ordered to complete drug control/cleansing classes

whats a petty misdemeanor? but yea since hes a juvenile he wont get juvy time or a fine or nothin. pretty much he catches a break since hes young.

And every situation is diffrent so there might be a little give or take here. $56... Hmm seems fishy to me....."I've been arrested four times for multiple offenses, ranging from citations to felonies"..... Where I am from if that was true either your lying or your snitchin. 17 multiple arrest and close to adult... Judge we have decide to charge him as an adult.But hey that is my opine I know tha streets an how tha system works but w/e. Good luck to ya kid remember don't make same mistake twice... I would not rat on my friend but i would give him a ass kickin he would not soon 4get... But My SIG says it all.

naw, the felonies were the last crimes i caught and i had a 'clean' record before that because i'd only been charged, never convicted. and before that it was a misdemeanor battery and a loitering citation. petty shit. but yea, if you got a rap sheet and you catch a felony theyl take you to county even if yu a minor. real talk alot of people dont know how crooked these cops can act. and i dont even need to get into rattin on s cuz the whole reason i caught my felonies was for not rattin. basically if i could catch a felony wit a clean record and get off on probation he shouldnt have trouble wit a misdemeanor.

:

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedEdge View Post
    I have to disagree with you here. All lawyers are not created equally. If he or his parents have the money, I would suggest buying a decent lawyer. They don't get paid hardly anything despite the time and money they spent on law school. There are basically two reasons someone would do that job.

1. They aren't a good enough lawyer to open their own practice or join a major law firm.

2. They simply enjoy giving back to the less fortunate and are very qualified.

More than likely a person ends up with option one. Also, attorneys appointed by the state are extremely overworked, he/she may not be able to give enough attention to his case.

im not sayin they are all created equally, but there is a general consensus that pds are all bad reps. im tellin this dude to at least see what the pd has to offer and put on the table, and then you can still choose a different person. but i may have just ended up wit #2, so i dont kno.

MPLSweedman is offline Registered+
    ya its probably never ok, but in REALITY. it happens every day

BathingApes is offline Registered+
    Stop hating on the guy.

Sure, he is underage, and yes, it is incredibly stupid to take bud to school, but I'd be hypocrite if I acted like I wasn't doing the exact same thing at his age.

Good luck man

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12