Cannabis.com

Thread: Cannabis Oil also works for pain relief

eastbaygordo is offline Banned

Cannabis Oil also works for pain relief

Hi All,

I've seen a bunch of folks asking about cannabis for pain and I'd like to share what helped me.
    I found that before my knee surgeries the only thing that would help me walk was putting my cannabis cooking oil on my knees. It takes the swelling down greatly. I also read in a recent West Coast Cannabis article about the cannabinoid receptors we have in our bones, skin, and joints and how the substances in cannabis interact with body to soothe pain in arthritic people. There is a company using the same thing for inflammation relief.
    It also helped my mother in law who isn't a smoker and was about to have her knees replaced. I put some on her knees and she was able to walk around San Francisco and visit the Ferry Building food/gourmet food complex.
    It also helped my wife's elbows and wrists before and after carpal tunnel surgery.

Follow the directions on making special butter and oil and instead of making cookies, put some on your knees.

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

Good method to extract the last of the oil stuck in pressed cannabis

Hi All,

In an update to the post I'd like to share what I just tried.
    I recently made some fresh oil for goodies and I always have some oil stuck in the pressings. I think it is a waste to throw away multiple doses of meds so I wanted to see if I could save some for topical application. I had my wife save them in a mason jar in the fridge.

As I mentioned above I put it on my knees and sometimes my back for pain relief but example if anyone ever oiled themselves up for sex (TMI?), you'll agree it can be quite messy. I've been trying to figure out how to make it feel less greasy when you apply it to the skin so I tried isopropol alcohol. It is working quite well and the oil is already becoming suspended in the alcohol solution. I put some that splashed out on my knees and I can tell it's going to work out nicely. It's feels like a nice high end moisturizer, not greasy at all, yet smells like dank cooking oil. We'll see how the aroma goes over at the gym today.
    Last edited by eastbaygordo; Jul-04-2010 at 11:19.

Help for my stubborn hamstring attachment pain

Wow.
    I should patent this stuff.
    I've taken two norco and a 10mg oxy and my legs still ached to the point I was limping home from walking the dogs.
    I applied some of the oil/alcohol balm and withing 10 minutes the pain is almost gone and the pain when I stretch it isn't nearly as bad.

honeygurl is offline Registered+
    Good to know, eastbaygordo. But just so I understand, are you mixing some isopropol alcohol in with the oil? What is the ratio?

Good question

Quote Originally Posted by honeygurl View Post
    Good to know, eastbaygordo. But just so I understand, are you mixing some isopropol alcohol in with the oil? What is the ratio?
    That is a good question.
    I would estimate I had 2 cups of oil trapped in the leftover leaves and I added 8-10 ounces of alcohol so it would be around 2:1 oil to alcohol.
    It currently is still soaking and when it gets cool this evening I'm going to warm it up in a water bath to get the leaves to release the oil and leftover good stuff if any.
    I then want to whip it up to the consistency of face cream or mayonnaise.
    I'd like to get rid of the weedy smell too so it can be more discreet.

honeygurl is offline Registered+
    Keep us posted with your results! I just had an idea about using DMSO instead of the alcohol. What do you think?
    Last edited by honeygurl; Jul-04-2010 at 16:52.

Sounds like a perfect carrier into the body

Quote Originally Posted by honeygurl View Post
    Keep us posted with your results! I just had an idea about using DMSO instead of the alcohol. What do you think?

I just read a little about it but it sounds like it would help the cannabinoids and other anti inflammatory agents penetrate the skin better, that is why I used the alcohol. I also read in the US it isn't sold for human use. Do you have any personal experience that it doesn't hurt you?
    Thanks for the great input.