Thread: Best time to water flowering plants?

slayerxslayer is offline Registered

Best time to water flowering plants?

So I just put 5 of my veging plants into the flowering stage, and have been on 12/12 for 3 nights now and I just want to know when the best time to water the plants is? As of now I dont have a scheduled time for them to be watered but have been giving them a combined gallon of water (5 plants). Let me know! thanks everyone

mdlforkfarms is offline Registered
    In my opnion I like to water in the mourning. Each indavidual plant will tell you what her needs are. as far as how often to water when ever the potter is light.
    not shur if this helps hope so good luck

ZeroWingX is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by slayerxslayer View Post
    So I just put 5 of my veging plants into the flowering stage, and have been on 12/12 for 3 nights now and I just want to know when the best time to water the plants is? As of now I dont have a scheduled time for them to be watered but have been giving them a combined gallon of water (5 plants). Let me know! thanks everyone
    I take it you Grow Soil?
    Well I personaly keep all my plants on a strict scheduale every day its something different with one rest day.
    Like Mondays I prune and clip every single plant I have to upkeep and inspect for pests and mold.
    I suggest you set up a 4-6 days for watering and other things.
    I water 2X a week during Veg and 3X a week during Flowering. Yes some are more thirsty than others, my OG Diamonds will take some H2O down! But my Blue dreams seem to never need watering. Also what Nutrients are you using? Every stage has different needs and to much can be a very bad thing. Its easy to over-water and root rot or chem burn your girls.
    Every Strain is different so pay close attention to leaf color and shape.
    To much watering especially during Flowering will send the plant into Chemical Burn AKA Nutrient Lock. This is caused by nutrients crystalizing in the roots and making it very hard to absorb water. The leaves will turn yellow and will start to wilt, the stem becomes weak and if not corrected will kill the plant. This can be cured by Flushing and praying. Get a system that works and stick to it, and you'll be running like a well oiled machine in no time....GL man...
    One Love
    Last edited by ZeroWingX; Sep-20-2010 at 18:12.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroWingX View Post
    I take it you Grow Soil?
    Well I personaly keep all my plants on a strict scheduale every day its something different with one rest day.
    Like Mondays I prune and clip every single plant I have to upkeep and inspect for pests and mold.
    I water 2X a week during Veg and 3X a week during Flowering. Yes some are more thirsty than others, my OG Diamonds will take some H2O down! But my Blue dreams seem to never need watering. Also what Nutrients are you using? Every stage has different needs and to much can be a very bad thing. Its easy to over-water and root rot or chem burn your girls.
    To much watering especially during Flowering will send the plant into Chemical Burn AKA Nutrient Lock. This is caused by nutrients crystalizing in the roots and making it very hard to absorb water. The leaves will turn yellow and will start to wilt, the stem becomes weak and if not corrected will kill the plant. This can be cured by Flushing and praying. Get a system that works and stick to it, and you'll be running like a well oiled machine in no time....GL man...
    One Love

thanks man, thats what i've been doing for the past day or 2 (and yes, the plants are in soil). today i grabbed some binder paper and labeled each plant, i plan on measuring it twice a week and watering it every other day now. this is the same with the plants that are in the tent vegging (opposite days). i have noticed that my strains absorb water more or less than others, im sure root structure and age have are an important part to it as well.

but yeah, this is my first grow, started nutes about 2 weeks before flowering and realized that they are just as important as people say. i feel like i have a good system going on right now tho. there is one problem however...there are definitely bugs. ive sprayed twice (today was the second day, start of week 2) but there were webs near the base of the branch to the trunk. would you recommend anything besides bug spray that my friend recommended and let me borrow? i dont know the name of it but i trust that he knows what he is talking about.

ill give an update tomorrow on everything, i enjoy hearing techniques so i can improve doing this. thanks!

budlover13 is offline Registered+
    I take it you Grow Soil?
    One Love
    I love the idea of actually creating a schedule, but I have found that my ladies require vastly different amounts of water. If I watered my trainwreck every time I watered my OG bubblegum and white widow, I'm pretty sure I'd kill them.

yeah i havent noticed a schedule difference with my plants...all of them tend to dry up around the same time, but so far having a schedule is nice. i want to keep track of height increase and things like that to see which is the most efficient way to grow these strains

Well yea Each Strain is different so I vary when I water them but all recieve watering at least 2X a week. But it varies, like my OG Diamond female "Monster" she stays thirsty and requires 4X week. It all depends on if they need more or not. I also use a dry root system to promote Vigoriuos root growth. I notice bigger plants when you starve your root-bed a little then water, this makes fuller roots that spread to the entire bucket/pot rather than a little scragly roots from the constant presence of water.
    I have roots that rival Aeroponics from the way I have my system set up.
    Like I said everyday I do somthing different to my babies, the schedule is to make sure I upkeep them properly and dont have to guess or be like uhhhhh did I water blah blah today? crap.... lol
    Try "Wipeout" by Wai Kula then get a small thing of Neem Oil mix these in a spray bottle (read the ml per oz on the back and follow them, use 2X whatever for Neem though)and take those mites out! I spray 2x a week every week and the Neem oil also helps act as a leaf polish to keep that DARK green in your plants; helps the Photosynthesis process and coats the plant. Make sure to spray the actual Stalk as the mites will just climb up. Please make sure to spray under your leaves... Yea its time consuming it takes me around 30-40min on pest control duty because I have quite a few plants but I noticed when started young as they grow they absorb the Oils and secrete them as adults naturaly killing most pests and mold. My Mama Thai's are some wrecking queens they dont catch shyt but most Deisel strains and "sour" strains are susceptible to Mites. Be careful.... Hazes and Big Bud and Cheese have Mold problems....
    One Love
    Last edited by ZeroWingX; Sep-22-2010 at 04:46.

yeah i'll go to the hydro shop sometime this week and pick those up. what my buddy lent me is called; Take Down Garden Spray. it was 15$ and since the second spray i havent seen any webs

im trying to upload a picture of a leaf but i cant get it to upload for some reason and dont feel like posting the picture on imagebam or something. but anyways, in my veg tent im noticing little white spots on tops of the leaves and then on the underside there are little white/clear dots. im assuming that these are aphids or something? i havent sprayed for bugs in there yet, my roommate and i are splitting duties but should we be concerned about this?

keep the help coming, lovin it!

Quote Originally Posted by slayerxslayer View Post
    yeah i'll go to the hydro shop sometime this week and pick those up. what my buddy lent me is called; Take Down Garden Spray. it was 15$ and since the second spray i havent seen any webs

im trying to upload a picture of a leaf but i cant get it to upload for some reason and dont feel like posting the picture on imagebam or something. but anyways, in my veg tent im noticing little white spots on tops of the leaves and then on the underside there are little white/clear dots. im assuming that these are aphids or something? i havent sprayed for bugs in there yet, my roommate and i are splitting duties but should we be concerned about this?

keep the help coming, lovin it!
    Nope those are spider mite babies, ull see webs as soon as the ones underneth turn black(adaults). SM are the most common indoor pests...

Nope those are spider mite babies, ull see webs as soon as the ones underneth turn black(adaults). SM are the most common indoor pests...
    so like you said just make sure that i spray under the leaves, down the stem, etc. gotcha

would you recommend using soap and water or other variations such as that? (baking soda, lemon juice, etc)? i was just about to ask something else, but Stephen Colbert just lost my train of thought...damn him. ill get back to you on that haha

I'd suggest if you want to go all natural, buy "wipeout" its all Organic, then buy a small thing of Neem Oil. Mix the two with the recomended ml per oz and ull be set. Stuff work's amazing
    One Love