Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mmatt0070

Thread: Miracle-Gro (30-10-10)

Mr_Green is offline Registered+

Miracle-Gro (30-10-10)

When is Miracle-Gro Water Soluble Plant Food (30-10-10) good to use on your plant? At a young age or middle or flowering or not at all? Thank You

Earthy Dank is offline Registered+
    miracle-gro is not organic just so you know.... but it is ok to use if nothing else is availible. I have used it and it did fine. I would only use it for vegetative (april-july outside) and get a high phosphurous (10-30-10) for flowering
    Any pictures are not my own and are pictures I found on an image search engine. All posts are fictional. I DO NOT sell/cultivate or participate in any illegal activities what so ever and will not be held liable for anything that I say on these forums.
    ""Those who danced where thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music."" --Angela Monet
    Earthy Dank's Cabinet Extravaganza 2008
    Earthy Dank Outdoor Organic 2007
    My Outdoor Journal 2006

IF you are using one of the potting soils that already has fertilizers in it, do NOT use any fertilizer at all, for the first two months ... if not, you can use the MG ... as already stated, Miracle-Gro is OK to use for your vegging phase, but, DILUTE IT !! .. it is quite strong, and WILL burn up your plants if overdone ... mix it at 1/4 strength, and only use it about every third watering ... watch the tips of the leaves, if they start to 'brown', stop feeding, and go back to plain water ... stop using it at least a week before going into the flowering phase ... nitrogen interferes with flowering ...
    Last edited by the image reaper; Jul-29-2007 at 10:17.

thanks for all the help... so really i dont have to use it....just water should grow my plant but if i do use it then only in the vegging state... if there is more then please let me kno...

twoguysupnorth is offline Registered+
    watch your ph, i was just given a box of the very same fertilizer and it is used for plants that like acidic soil. azaelias and hydrangeas. i havnt used it and i probably wont except in my garden where i have hydrangeas.
    aint she pretty?

apolloserve is offline Registered
    Miracle Grow does have an Organic Seriers. Including Soil, Ferts, and Blood Meal and Bone Meal. Which is made from all organic materials. I wouldnt use the blood or bone or you plants thou. the nutrients it gives in blood is like 6-9-0 and in bone its 12-0-0. I work at home depot as a cashier, and when im in the garden cashier, all i do is look up what soil is good for growing pot. and the organic soils are some of the best, purely becuase of the fact that when you smoke ur bud, the taste will be some what smoother of a pull. a cleaner taste.

a smoother taste sound good.... yea i went to Home depot out here where i live and they didnt have much to say about growing... it seems like they dont know anything about growing any type of plants so i didnt get no help there but good to here about the organic soil i'll keep that in mind... thank you

twoguysupnorth is offline Registered+
    alot of times in the bigger stores they just put in someone as a cashier and they have no garden knowledge at all. i know, i was one of them but at least i had some garden smarts.
    aint she pretty?

lol... fo sho....

she was a ho.............for sho.....

lol
    *Anything that is said by me in these forumns is for entertainment reasons only I in no way condone any behavior or actions that may break any laws Anything said by my username is all information and pictures that I have gathered from the internet, and reposted for others to see as well. Do not take anything I say serious,it is all for entertainment purposes only.*

Dr. Bloor is offline Registered+
    I have found that MG can very easily burn your plant. MG has all kinds of fertilizers available. The one I have heard works ok on this is the patio food MG. Too much N for flowering I think. I have been doing experiments with various ferts. MG was one of the first to get tossed out. I was using it at a 1/4 dose and still had burn. This stuff just does not like it. Look around for Fox Farms fertilizers. They are made for this stuff. I have also had some success with a California brand 'Hawaiian Bud & Bloom'.
    When in doubt, whip it out

NorCalShooter is offline Registered+
    firstly, miracle grow IS NOT 30-10-10.

it is 20-20-20

ive used miracle grow plant food for YEARS and have only had a problem with it one single time, ad that was on a 18" plant that was watered with it by mistake when it was completely dry (never do that with any fertilizer as if the plant is very dry and lacking moisture, it will suck it up so fast it WILL kill it in a matter of minutes)

i use regular miracle grow for veg, and flowering miracle grow for the first 3-4 weeks of flowering, then use only mollasses and corn syrup. if you use any chemical fertilizer, dont forget to cut the stuff off at LEAST 4 weeks from harvest and flush well.

mmatt0070 is offline Registered

Smile

I have a box of miracle grow nursery select and it is 30-10-10, I use it full strength during veg with nothing but positive results so far. Also regular mg is like 24-8-16 not20-20-20.
    npane2 likes this.