Cannabis.com

Thread: How's this for an outdoor soil mix?

shluppy is offline Registered+

Smile How's this for an outdoor soil mix?

Here is the recipie:

Dig 2 ft. diameter hole, about 3 ft deep in a very sandy soil. Backfill the first 1.5 ft. with river bottom dirt mixed with:

-- 6-12-5 Cooked Bone Meal (6% controlled release N )
    -- 2 cups of vermiculite
    -- 2 tablespoons of polymer crystals (I can only water twice a month)
    -- 1/2 cup hydrated lime (if required)

Then I'll sprinkle on 1/2 cup of Blood Meal 12-0-0 (11% controlled release N) in a 6 - 8" circle (as per directions).

Then I'll fill the remainder of the hole with river bottom dirt mixed with 1.5 cups of Miracle Grow Organic Choice 7-1-2 (4.2% slow-release N from poultry litter and feather meal) and top off with 2 tablespoons of worm castings sprinkled around. May add hydrated lime if ph requires.

At transplanting, I'll water (ph adjusted river water) with:
    -- Liquid fish emulsion 5-1-1 (2 tablespoons per gallon)
    -- Superthrive ( 1 drop per gallon)

This is my first organic grow. What do you guys think? What do I need to add or subtrract? I don't want to burn the plants, yet give them planty of nutes.

Any advice is greatly appreciated

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Buy Feminised Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

shluppy is offline Registered+
    Oh, forgot to mention that I will also add seaweed extract to the watering mixture and I will fertilize with Jamacian Bat guano 1-10-0 during flower.
    I have to use the river bottom soil because it is not possible to pack in any soil.

Man, this is some good shit!!

texas grass is offline Registered+
    instead of putting any ferts on top of the soil premix it into the hole before planting.
    i wouldnt go much more than 1-1 1/2 cup of total ferts per plant, i would put a buffer layer of soil between the premix and the plants roots.
    your buffer layer should be mild in ferts and strong in organic material like worm castings, humus, compost, manure
    i wouldnt worry about the lime, unless your plant starts to show some signs of problems. it could add problems if the soil and water are alkaline.
    dont ph unless your plant shows signs of problems. let nature buffer the ph naturally especially with natural river water.
    after transplant water with 1tablespoon per gallon tops. and dont worry much about the superthrive. the seaweed extract should take care of what superthrive did. seaweed is full of growth harmones, vitamins and many more benefits. you could also premix the seaweed into your hole with more added bennefits.
    horticultural mollasses are a added bennefit. they help reduce ants in the area and gives food to benneficial bacteria
    instead of vermiculite try to get some river rock to save money.

good luck on your excersions
    just tryin to live the good life with my friend and wife now its time to and stay and be a
    http://boards.cannabis.com/basic-gro...-dankness.html
    complete guide to mothers clones and trimming roots http://www.cannabase.com/cl/index.html
    these last 2 links have most grow books to read http://greenmanspage.com/guides/ growmoreweed.com