Cannabis.com

Thread: Black Gold and Nutes?

BlueBear is offline Registered+

Black Gold and Nutes?

I am using Black Gold organic potting soil with 30 to 50% perlight and generally it can be used all the way through without problems for a complete grow. I am wanting to start up a additive nute program using Fox farm Tiger bloom and Liquid Karma. Does anyone use this program and if so I am wondering what feeding schedule you use? I am not adding any grow additives except for SuperThrive because I am doing SOG style grows and don't really veg for more than 10 days. Give me some input on bloom enhancers with the Black Gold soil.
    Thanks a bunch
    Adieu

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

incognito570 is offline Registered
    follow the foxfarm feeding schedule........if you dont have 1 check out their website.

BlueBear is offline Registered+
    I have the Fox farm chart and I will take a look at it. Any other feed back?

mendokid is offline Registered+
    I used Black Gold one cycle back and it took me two full months to recover because I fertilized as usual. My normal strength ferts burned the heck out of the plants and stunted a few bad also.

Try using half strength or at least keep it on the light side. I had to flush them and go down to 25% of what my chart said to fix my situation.

Black gold may be a great potting soil stand alone but I am going back to my old organic potting soil.

GL
    "Prohibition...goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to
    control a man's appetite by legislation and makes a crime out of things
    that are not crimes. A prohibition law strikes a blow at the very
    principles upon which our government was founded."
    -- Abraham Lincoln, December, 1840

Tokudai is offline Registered+
    ^^ I agree.. BG was a little hot for my liking. Worked great for the early growth stages, when I didn't hardly feed them at all, but when feeding time started, it was a little intense

Since then I have switched back to my sand/perlite/vermiculite mix - all nutrients are introduced by me when feeding and control is spot on. heh Don't forget to feed em though!