Cannabis.com

Thread: Those who have used blood meal

stinkbudd is offline Registered+

Those who have used blood meal

I plan on adding blood meal to my soil mix with my next grow (along with other ingredients). I have heard that when adding blood meal to the soil, it should'nt be mixed in with it or it will burn the plants. It should be sprinkled on top of the soil, so when you water, it won't be so harsh. How have you used it, mixed it or sprinkled on top of the soil?

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Buy Feminised Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

Organic Rasta is offline Registered+

Exclamation Blood Meal usage

Quote Originally Posted by stinkbudd View Post
    I plan on adding blood meal to my soil mix with my next grow (along with other ingredients). I have heard that when adding blood meal to the soil, it should'nt be mixed in with it or it will burn the plants. It should be sprinkled on top of the soil, so when you water, it won't be so harsh. How have you used it, mixed it or sprinkled on top of the soil?
    I've done both with mixing in the soil about 2 inches down, blending with my fingers and also mixing in my soil builds inside a large clear trash bag along with Foxfarm Ocean Forest, Botanicare Ready Grow, worm castings, bone meal, greensand plus, mycorrhizae fungi, and sea kelp, perlite and vermiculite.

The main thing to watch is the proportional amount used and at what stage of growth. Too much of any fert can burn your plant.
    Making a Blood Meal tea can work just as well for a quick good feeding of N.
    Just cut it to 1/3 strength with pHed water to take the harshness out......also at a weaker mixture you can feed more often.
    Organic Rasta

Foxfarm Ocean Forest Soil, Foxfarm Happy Frog, Coco Coir, Worm Castings, Blood Meal, Bone Meal, Greensand plus, Neptunes Harvest Crab Shell, 100% pure Ascophyllum Nodosum Sea Kelp, Dolomite Lime, perlite, vermiculite, Mexican Bat Guano and Jamaican Bat Guano teas, Earth Juice's Grow, Bloom, Meta K, Microblast with Neptunes Harvest Fish Fertilizer, Bio-Genesis Synergy and a touch of Molasses

invision is offline Registered+
    i just added it to the top layer of soil and seemed to work out that way

Organic Rasta is offline Registered+

Exclamation

What size containers are you growing in ??

What is your feeding schedule like ??
    Organic Rasta

Foxfarm Ocean Forest Soil, Foxfarm Happy Frog, Coco Coir, Worm Castings, Blood Meal, Bone Meal, Greensand plus, Neptunes Harvest Crab Shell, 100% pure Ascophyllum Nodosum Sea Kelp, Dolomite Lime, perlite, vermiculite, Mexican Bat Guano and Jamaican Bat Guano teas, Earth Juice's Grow, Bloom, Meta K, Microblast with Neptunes Harvest Fish Fertilizer, Bio-Genesis Synergy and a touch of Molasses

invision is offline Registered+
    7-8in pots watered every 3rd day or so