Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wild marijuana

bwilder1050 is offline Banned

Wild marijuana

where would wild marijuana be? ive seen the thread under this and was amazed that it was just their without someone planting it where would you find something like that?

BlackBerry is offline Banned
    mostly in the mid-western states unsure about else where

it wont get u high

ganjzilla is offline Registered+
    i heard it grows naturally in arizona and kansas, but ive heard it grows in the himalayan mountains...
    "I take 3 L's to the head-love,live,life..and im dead" -Lil Wayne

“Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction.” - Robert Nesta Marley

You got it Light it, lets raise our spliffs in the air and let us join as one Cannabis Nation,where all smokers can be free to live our lives without interference.Activism is the key, every person counts... - Me ]

bwilder1050 is offline Banned
    what about florida?

psteve is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by bwilder1050 View Post
    what about florida?
    Not so much.
    It's feral weed, left over from the old hemp industry that helped build America.
    You'll find it mostly in the central Midwest.
    Missouri, Kansas, Kentucky, Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, Wisconsin, and Minnesota.
    It can be found in other areas, but that's where the main remnants are.

serpent420 is offline Registered+
    What would happen if you got a bunch of male/female weed plants together in a field or somethin and just left them alone? Would that become wild marijuana that came back every year? or would it all just die with the first frost?

bejay is offline Registered+
    it will usually come back or atleast try to depending on competing vegetation in some areas it can grow well year after year.
    wild marijuana or hemp is not very common as its been continually eradicated over the years and while there is a few spots it is not very common to come across even in the above states.

BlackBerry is offline Banned
    i grew up in chicagos suburbs n ive seen smoked helped harvest n dry n sold the wild Cannabis n later studied the wild reefer so i know its out there it has many great uses but because any Cannabis here is still federally illegal so its uses go unnoticed but its chemisty says u cant get high maybe hungery tired n hung-over though it still carries all the same state laws as marijuana

Dr. Bloor is offline Registered+
    It grows wild in Mongolia. The northern area near Siberia. I was in Mongolia last month and was not fortunate enough to get to the north of the country. I did hear that the wild stuff does not have a lot of potency.
    I am also certain that it is growing wild in California in Humboldt, Mendocino, Santa Cruz and other popular growing areas.

Publicgunmen is offline Registered+
    I was strolling around and I just saw a weed plant the other day. Literally 3 feet away from the sidewalk... so I did what any other responsible citizen would do, I took it.
    Legalize it

duffydawn is offline Registered+

Cool

To answer your question...Yes.. it does grow wild...At least where I live."Oklahoma"...You can go walk through a dense forest of the stuff if you'd like...I've strolled through many myself...I grew my plants from Wild Weed I found last year..And no it isn't feral or hemp...that is a misconception..It's just low low low grade hermaphroditic schwag. All you have to do is sex them..very simple..You won't get anything like Chronic..But you can up the potency from dirt weed to nice mid-grade..Which isn't half bad at all....I took a few plants from a wild forest transplanted them October of 06. They were mostly males..and they grew right back the next year..all females...A few males sprouted up to..But I kindly destroyed them as to not ruin the potency of the refer...They are already pre-budding..doing very nice actually
    So yeah I can say from experience that Wild weed can be good...If you take the right measures with how re-grow it..The wild males serve a very good purpose..Just rip one out of the ground and toss it where you want it to grow next year and BaM..You will have a mini-forest of ganja before you know it..All you have to do is take care of it and remove the males at the right time

Here's two pic's of the ones I got goin right now... to show you a legit example of what i'm talking about here
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wild marijuana-theharvest029.jpg   Wild marijuana-theharvest023.jpg  
    Last edited by duffydawn; Aug-23-2007 at 14:28.

Stonerz420 is offline Registered+
    you dont just rip males out of the ground and through them in a spot where you want to have a ganja forest, they haven't made their seeds yet, makes just contain pollen, that pollen has to be transfered and cared for in a female pollen receptor, the flower, the buds the dank! so i dont think thats a real wild marijuana plant you have there duffy, i think the main poster was talking about ditch weed, like the ones ill post in a min
    Growing gives you something to dance about!

Stonerz420 is offline Registered+
    Growing gives you something to dance about!

Actually Stoner420 you couldn't be more wrong... If you read a little more of what I said...I pulled the males in Oct of 06. right after the equinox...Each plant had 100's of seed's on it..Considering I planted over 5 of them..They died because of the winter cold..Which left the dead plants with hundreds of seeds to fall on the ground. It kinda makes sense...Considering I did it myself

Plus the plants came from a wild area with males and females....So what your saying doesn't make sense..Or maybe you just didn't get what I was saying at all..lol

and actually..Males do carry seeds. It's called cross-pollination..and that's how you get males and females....Males always carry seeds....it's kind of how nature works

stinkyattic is offline CultiModerVatorAtor
    No, it's not.
    Males do not carry seeds. They carry pollen.
    Please do not spread misinformation on these forums, thanks.

I don't see how it couldn't be wild..... I didn't buy the seed's...I didn't plant them myself....
    All I did was move already existing plants from one spot to a safer one....
    so yeah...what I said pretty much means Wild..grows Wild...

excuse me for misinterpreting the round balls on the male plant for seeds.....I'll just call them testicles from now on.....

stinkyattic is offline CultiModerVatorAtor
    They aren't testicles either. They are unopened male flowers.

Quote Originally Posted by duffydawn View Post
    To answer your question...Yes.. it does grow wild...At least where I live."Oklahoma"...You can go walk through a dense forest of the stuff if you'd like...I've strolled through many myself...I grew my plants from Wild Weed I found last year..And no it isn't feral or hemp...that is a misconception..It's just low low low grade hermaphroditic schwag. All you have to do is sex them..very simple..You won't get anything like Chronic..But you can up the potency from dirt weed to nice mid-grade..Which isn't half bad at all....I took a few plants from a wild forest transplanted them October of 06. They were mostly males..and they grew right back the next year..all females...A few males sprouted up to..But I kindly destroyed them as to not ruin the potency of the refer...They are already pre-budding..doing very nice actually
    So yeah I can say from experience that Wild weed can be good...If you take the right measures with how re-grow it..The wild males serve a very good purpose..Just rip one out of the ground and toss it where you want it to grow next year and BaM..You will have a mini-forest of ganja before you know it..All you have to do is take care of it and remove the males at the right time

Here's two pic's of the ones I got goin right now... to show you a legit example of what i'm talking about here
    Wrong.
    Actually Stoner420 you couldn't be more wrong... If you read a little more of what I said...I pulled the males in Oct of 06. right after the equinox...Each plant had 100's of seed's on it..Considering I planted over 5 of them..They died because of the winter cold..Which left the dead plants with hundreds of seeds to fall on the ground. It kinda makes sense...Considering I did it myself

Plus the plants came from a wild area with males and females....So what your saying doesn't make sense..Or maybe you just didn't get what I was saying at all..lol
    Wrong.
    and actually..Males do carry seeds. It's called cross-pollination..and that's how you get males and females....Males always carry seeds....it's kind of how nature works
    And wrong again.
    Please go read a book on basic botany.

So yes..they drop their Testicles..aka pollen..And yeah.. They grow back

Yeah..I guess I am wrong...Thats why my plants came back...
    I just want to know if I'm wrong..How did they grow back??? If I was wrong..I would have 0 plants....
    I'm always open to learn more.. So please enlighten me

foxysox is offline Registered+
    You're sounding ridiculous spouting misinformation, naming plant parts with the proper names of animal organs, and then announcing that you don't know what you are talking about.

Why don't you just get up to speed on basic botany before trying to teach others?

You're wrong. It's that simple. Males spread pollen. There must be a female present to accept it. Females bear seeds. Male plants do not have testicles, nor seeds.
    Men make their own luck. Children accept the luck that life throws at them. -Stinkyattic
    Just give me weed, white sand, and wine... and I'll be willin'... to keep movin'... -Lowell George, Little Feat
    Forgiveness is a beautiful thing and wisdom is nice to grow. -BlueBear
    You can lead a horticulture... but you can't make her think. -Rhizome

Yeah..I guess I am wrong...Thats why my plants came back...
    I just want to know if I'm wrong..How did they grow back??? If I was wrong..I would have 0 plants....
    I'm always open to learn more.. So please enlighten me
    #1-Feral hemp is not the same as "hermaphroditic schwag". And cannabis that grows wild in large fields in "OK" and the rest of the Midwest, is definitely feral hemp.
    #2-If your plant had seeds it was not a male, it was a pollinated female. Males NEVER carry seeds.

I get the point about the male flower...Despite the fact that it does resemble a green seed...I understand it is an un-opened flower.....That was my misconception..sorry for assuming that..even though the look just like seeds :/

I'm confused is..I transplanted a boat load of Wild males.... Last Oct of 06.....
    They grew back.. the following Spring..Now they are all Female....Or so I believe...I am trying to learn here..are my plants Monoecious or Dioecious???????

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast