Cannabis.com

Thread: late start

buckyboy is offline Registered+

late start

Hey guys I started me a plant in late July and it sprouted on Aug 1. I didnt think it would have enough time to vegetate and produce any buds, but its sep.11 and its 14 inches tall and has white-hairs on every node. Do you guys think it will get any taller or is it too late since it is showing pre-flowers. I dont think it is supposed to freeze here in ga until mid nov so maybe I can get some bud off of this plant after all. What yall think? Will a 14 inch plant produce anything?

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

The equinox is around sep 22 so that would give me 6 or 7 weeks of vegging before then. Is that enough time or does the equinox have anything to do with it? Thanks

atsar is offline Registered+
    it sounds like it's just starting to flower,equinox shouldn't come into it really,your plant is flowering and will continue to do so,it will get bigger during flowering,i've had plants triple in size during flower,especially when they were small when flowering begun,your plant should grow considerably over the next 3-4 weeks then it'll slow height wise,but carry on fattening up,then there's usually a 2nd growth spurt but nothing like the 1st,
    make it idiot-proof and someone will make a better idiot

close up photography http://boards.cannabis.com/cannabis-...close-ups.html

I've never heard of anyone planting in Aug, but she seems to be doing very well. I had a couple grow over my 4 ft fence so maybe next year I will plant around July to keep them low without having to top or anything. I just did'nt think you could start this late in the season but it looks like I was wrong. What is the latest anyone has started in Georgia, with good results at harvest?

atsar is offline Registered+
    personally i don't think you could have planted much later than you did,during dark time weed produces a chemical which is quickly diminished by light,when the chemical reaches a critical level,flowering is induced,(providing it's sexually mature which most plants are by 4 weeks,alternating nodes)indoors you achieve these levels when you switch 12/12,hence the reason it's important not to have light leaks growing indoors but outdoors thing are a bit different,the days get naturally shorter so flowering doesn't necessarly doesn't need 12 hours dark,outdoor plants actually don't mind low levels of light during dark time,ie moon streetlamps etc,mine started flowering while we were getting 13.5 hours-14 hours light and i have lights from the football park shining in my garden until 11.30pm,on indoor grows i've actually put seedlings straight into 12/12 and they started flowering at 2 weeks,gave a bit over an ounce by end,but in my opinion planting later is only going to affect the size of your plants when they finish flowering,you just gotta watch out that you don't leave it too late as you do require a little veg time so they can reach maturity,don't want to get stuck waiting for them to mature and really want them to be flowering by mid september at latest so they're done by end of november,before winter sets in
    but that's just my opinion,which may well be a load of rubbish
    make it idiot-proof and someone will make a better idiot

close up photography http://boards.cannabis.com/cannabis-...close-ups.html