Thread: baking soda as a fungicide need feedback

clovisman is offline Registered+

Unhappy baking soda as a fungicide need feedback

having possible mold problem- i posted this yeaterday with a photo- did not recieve any suggestions so i researched this site another weed site and all over the internet- there was a lot of info on using potassium bicarbonate as a fungicide, a natural organic suggestion- as recommended i mixed 1 oz of baking soda with one drop of liquid soap with 1 gallon of water- i sprayed the infested plant and this mornig all the hairs have turned red as if they died- i have rinsed the plant heavily - i would recommend not to use this solution- do you feel i have permanently harmed this plant or will it recover- has at least four weeks left for harvest

Quote Originally Posted by clovisman View Post
    having possible mold problem- i posted this yeaterday with a photo- did not recieve any suggestions so i researched this site another weed site and all over the internet- there was a lot of info on using potassium bicarbonate as a fungicide, a natural organic suggestion- as recommended i mixed 1 oz of baking soda with one drop of liquid soap with 1 gallon of water- i sprayed the infested plant and this mornig all the hairs have turned red as if they died- i have rinsed the plant heavily - i would recommend not to use this solution- do you feel i have permanently harmed this plant or will it recover- has at least four weeks left for harvest
    ummmm i dont know much about fungicide but i would feel bad if i didnt reply. you might of just harmed the plant for now it might recover. but it doesnt sound like a good idea to use soap on a plant
    *Anything that is said by me in these forumns is for entertainment reasons only I in no way condone any behavior or actions that may break any laws Anything said by my username is all information and pictures that I have gathered from the internet, and reposted for others to see as well. Do not take anything I say serious,it is all for entertainment purposes only.*

bicflikr is offline Registered+
    my girlfriends mom used to do that and she grew 12ft monsters... but i wouldnt let her do it to mine i wasnt gonna risk it.
    Quote Originally Posted by rastaman79 View Post
    mist with vodka whilst curing and there you have it.....bloody mary jane.

i have kronik bong-kritus...

BlackBerry is offline Banned
    no test area? is the fungus dead?

Dr. Bloor is offline Registered+
    Use of Baking Soda as a Fungicide Hopefully this will help.
    When in doubt, whip it out

clovisman is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackBerry View Post
    no test area? is the fungus dead?
    no I did not test an area-I was going away for a couple of days and the fungus was literally growing before my eyes and I did not want it to reach my other plants- yes it did kill the fungus growth- the buds have recovered and are producing new hairs and leaves- hindsight I would have done a test area and diluted the solution by one half- just the outermost parts of the buds were burnt - I really soked them with the solutioin if you are about to lose a plant because of mold or fungus the baking soda will kill it but be carefull

GoldenGoblin is offline Registered+
    I would think that before you spray anything you want to make sure you have just watered so that the plants wont take up much or anything.

As to the fungicide I am not sure. I have always heard Hydrogen Peroxide, but if its dirt I am at a loss.
    ----
    Michigan Medical Marijuana Association Organization
    Full text of the Michigan Medical Marijuana Act
    State of Michigan MMJ FAQ

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it." Thomas Jefferson

"I despise all weavers of the dark arts...speaking of which pass the gravy."
    -Korgoth