Cannabis.com

Thread: Hardiest outdoor strain (for dry climate)

danbuc is offline Registered

Question Hardiest outdoor strain (for dry climate)

Hi there!

For a while now, I've been doing extensive research on the best strain for outdoor growing in southern California under rather dry conditions and mild temperatures year-round (60-80 degrees on average). Ideally, I would like a strain that is both low-maintenance (ie. high water retention) and very hardy, versatile in even less than ideal soil. The consensus seems to be that an indica/sativa mix is desirable, but beyond that it's hard to decide which strain would be the best.

The outdoor growing area I'm planning on is in a secure but rather remote location, and ideally there would only be a need to water manually once every couple weeks. Another consideration of mine is adding some polymer crystals and some low-tech drip "irrigation" to support hands-off growth.

Do you folks have any suggestions on what the best strain would be? Among the recommendations I've seen out there are Holland's Hope and Durban Poison -- but it would be great if I could tap into this forum's expertise. Any other tips or personal experience on low-maintenance guerilla growing in general would also be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance, guys.

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

melodious fellow is offline Registered+
    I have always thought that Sativa would be much, much hardier in such a hot climate like south cali... An Indica or mix of the two prolly would not do as well as a pure sativa ganja tree!
    VOTE DR. RON PAUL

Disclaimer: None of the information posted under this screen name or this IP address is to be taken seriously, nor do the authors advocate any illegal activities, as posts in these forums are for entertainment purposes only.

userofclock is offline Registered+
    Check out this guys grow under the Spanish sun.. From Thailand, to Holland, to Spain: From Thai stick seeds to smoke able weed: Thai Sinse. -=www.hempcity.net=-

all of the strains are indica but the thai is full sativa.. check out that monster!