Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Indoor Vegging/Outdoor Flowering

iarbaman is offline Registered+

Indoor Vegging/Outdoor Flowering

Ill be vegging a haze variety for a month or so indoors, than ill put the plant to flower outside. Will the light cycle get messed up doing that, since the plants will go from 18/6 to probably 13/11 for a couple of months and after that summer time will hit hard with 14/10!!!!
    Is that a problem???
    Thanks for the help!

stinkyattic is offline CultiModerVatorAtor
    Don't put it out until after the vernal equinox to avoid photoperiod stress.
    Where do you live? Do you get frost?
    Hazes are not typically something you'd want to grow outdoors unless you don't get cold weather until at least November- they flower for a very long time.

Spring is coming...

where i live now! Probably another 4~5 weeks and ill be moving the plant outside. By then, the temps will be around 10~14 celsius at night and 18~23 by day. So there is no frost problem
    The strain im growing is Arjan's Haze #3 from GreenHouse seeds. The flowering time is 10~12 weeks indoors, wil it take more than that if the plant is outside???
    Since im vegging it indoors in a 18/6 light cycle, the moment ill move it outdoors, will it imediatelly start flowering with the new 13/11 light cycle???
    Thanks anyway!!!

I'm talking about the frost at the end of your growing season. I have no clue where you live.

Outdoors in the northern hemisphere, a plant will start flowering in early August or late July depending on what sort of light it gets during the day. The only exception is ruderalis crosses, and Haze is NOT one of those!
    12 weeks from August 1st, assuming the plant is sexually mature by then, is October 24th.

Do you get frost by October 24th?

Dutch Pimp is offline Registered+

Talking

Outdoors in the northern hemisphere, a plant will start flowering in early August or late July depending on what sort of light it gets during the day.
    ...what a coincidence....that's the same time the flyover choppers start flying around here....

No frost at all!!!

By end of october the temps should be above 10 celsius during night!

Some pics!!!

These are my new babies after 4 weeks since they have sprouted! Looking pretty healthy at these point. The Haze variety that is growing in a 3 gallon pot, has a 10 inches height right now, if i start flowering her indoors at these point, would it reach over 3 1/2 feet by harvest time????
    But if i just put her outside and let mother nature do her thing, would it be ok, since spring has just come???
    Really dont know what to do!!!! Advise needed!!!
    Take care you all!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Indoor Vegging/Outdoor Flowering-rimg0010.jpg   Indoor Vegging/Outdoor Flowering-rimg0011.jpg   Indoor Vegging/Outdoor Flowering-rimg0012.jpg  

Indoor Vegging/Outdoor Flowering-rimg0014.jpg  

psychocat is offline Registered+
    It is possible to transfer them to an outside grow but then you will find they revert to normal growth.
    An indoor grow is controlled enabling you to trigger flowering artificialy , when you move them outside you will have to wait for the light cycle and the plant will only flower when the conditions are right.
    no matter what the problem is , in 100 years nobody will give a shit !

Thanks...

But all that i know already, what im asking is, if the light cycle right now is 18/6, when i put it outside, it will be around 12~14/12~10 for the next 4 months or so, will these change make my plant start flowering???

psychocat is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by iarbaman View Post
    But all that i know already, what im asking is, if the light cycle right now is 18/6, when i put it outside, it will be around 12~14/12~10 for the next 4 months or so, will these change make my plant start flowering???
    The climate in your part of the world is just starting the summer so it's highly unlikely they will be as short of light as you seem to think.
    no matter what the problem is , in 100 years nobody will give a shit !

Guess it was too early!!!

Anyway, i can wait until mid october to try these lady!!! But, i need to top her, due to height issues. Is it ok to just cut like a foot or so from the plant??? Will these make it grow bushier??? Can i use the top to make some clones???
    Sorry guys, long time since i have posted, and i just come with a shit load of questions!!! Apolagize for that!!!
    These afternoon ill be posting some pics from the girl outside and also from my indoor grow

SAYONARA

Pics!!!

Some pics from my babes!
    By the way, the one outside started showing some white pistils! Flowering already???
    Take it easy you all
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Indoor Vegging/Outdoor Flowering-rimg0019.jpg   Indoor Vegging/Outdoor Flowering-rimg0020.jpg   Indoor Vegging/Outdoor Flowering-rimg0021.jpg  

Indoor Vegging/Outdoor Flowering-rimg0023.jpg   Indoor Vegging/Outdoor Flowering-rimg0026.jpg  

M.B.A. is offline Registered+
    1 of them is flowering. I see trichs and pistils
    Support Medicinal Cannabis and Those Who Are Fighting the "Good Fight"

justlovingit420 is offline Registered+

cover them up

hey dude build a frame around your plants and uncover them at 730 am and the cover them back up at 630 if you do this ata regular schedule youll see that you will get some buds dude its called depo but ya gotta be on time everyday though or it wont work
    stoners never die we just fall asleep

I guess ill just let it be!!!

And the result is that my babe is flowering
    What do you guys think??? Looking good???
    Should i trim off the lower, tiny branches???
    Take it easy you all

ps.: in the first photo, she is inside because of a Typhoon!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Indoor Vegging/Outdoor Flowering-rimg0058.jpg   Indoor Vegging/Outdoor Flowering-rimg0059.jpg   Indoor Vegging/Outdoor Flowering-rimg0060.jpg  

Indoor Vegging/Outdoor Flowering-rimg0062.jpg  

Holy shit, put that monster in a bigger pot like, YESTERDAY!!! But it looks good.

inbud is offline Registered+

lookin GREAT!

i do the indoor/outdoor, and both times i have had them go into bud when i put them out. tho this year only half so far. i had mine on 15/9, and when i put them out, i had 15 of light, just not direct sun. So, some did go into flower. thanks to Stinky for the info on the equinox, something to think of next year. i was gonna try less light to start them next year, like 13/11 to start them on.

those plants look great, and i agree with Stinky, get them into a bigger Pot! And dont forget the big bloom ferts!
    okay i was high, so, please find below, current update in first thread and second thread is the beginning. first thread will be the one i add to as the grow continues, yes...i was high.
    08 indoor outdoor grow
    http://boards.cannabis.com/outdoor-g...door-grow.html
    wont be posting here again, if you want to see the beginning start here, yes..i was high
    08 medical mj grow
    http://boards.cannabis.com/grow-log/...l-mj-grow.html

yungjay is offline Registered+
    man im envious that looks toooooooo good for real, i would love to have a big plant of haze like that growing any buds forming yet?
    Im blowin on NYC haze, OG Purple Kush, or Grandaddy Purp rolled in a tight dutchie...my haze is strong and my dutch is LONG....usually gon off that haze, u kno I rolls that haze, u kno I smokes that haze...I am not ya regu-lar,and no I don chief on that regu-lar....all I blow is that good.... ya smell me

Sure!!!

little buds forming everywhere!!! Trics also start apearing!!!
    When i have some time il take some new pics, so you guys can have an idea of my progress
    About a bigger pot, cant do it! I dont want risk having a bigger plant for security reasons. Since its my first try outdoors, ill just wait and see what the results will be!
    Take care you all and keep the coments coming!!!

Like i promissed, new pics!!!

Criticism please
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Indoor Vegging/Outdoor Flowering-rimg0004.jpg   Indoor Vegging/Outdoor Flowering-rimg0006.jpg   Indoor Vegging/Outdoor Flowering-rimg0008.jpg  

Indoor Vegging/Outdoor Flowering-rimg0009.jpg   Indoor Vegging/Outdoor Flowering-dscf0030.jpg  

By the way...

The last picture is from a place called Trindade, near Rio de janeiro back in Brazil!!!
    The place used to be a fishermans village, but when a lot of hippies started going there for the beautiful beaches and etc..., the locals woke up for the oportunity of making some money (at that time, it was really cheap) and allowed the good people to camp in their properties!!!
    Then, in the late 80's the talk is that a ship dumped thousands of cans of Mango Haze offshore to avoid being busted!!! Thats when the locals (fishermans remember) got a boost in their pockets $$$ and started building pensions and stuff. But, still the same good energy going on.
    Anyway, im really stonned now and dying to go the beach on the pic and just have the best cold beer a person could wish for!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Indoor Vegging/Outdoor Flowering-dscf0039.jpg  

hydrocannabis is offline Registered+
    the plants look great. so is the past pic a view from UR balcony. looks beautiful
    http://boards.cannabis.com/grow-log/...ing-dwc-4.html

http://boards.cannabis.com/basic-gro...hese-look.html

http://boards.cannabis.com/grow-log/...row-log-3.html

You have to take the good with the bad, smile with the sad, love what you've got and remember what you had.Always forgive, but never forget, learn from your mistakes, but never regret. PEOPLE CHANGE, THINGS GO WRONG, but just remember life goes on.

new pics!!!

The first one is a Whiti Rhino growing indoors in my old setup!
    The other one is from my baby outdoors!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Indoor Vegging/Outdoor Flowering-rimg0013.jpg   Indoor Vegging/Outdoor Flowering-rimg0014.jpg   Indoor Vegging/Outdoor Flowering-rimg0015.jpg  

Indoor Vegging/Outdoor Flowering-rimg0016.jpg  

Same pic twice, sorry!!!

Its gonna be a while until ill post new pics, but sooner or later ill do it!
    Take care!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Indoor Vegging/Outdoor Flowering-rimg0014.jpg   Indoor Vegging/Outdoor Flowering-rimg0017.jpg  

just wondering???

How much lumens would i get outside in an average cloudy day???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast