Cannabis.com

Thread: Marijuana Plant Budding 10+ Weeks (Pictures)

highdeas is offline Registered

Smile Marijuana Plant Budding 10+ Weeks (Pictures)

Okay so basically my friend went off to college and left me his three plants that he hid in the wild. They are about a foot in length and got the seeds from a baggy he picked up of some decent bud.

They have been planted since the beginning of summer they smell beautiful. I believe they are females because from what I can tell it looks like they are budding please confirm this for me.

I currently have moved them from their original location to a better place. By looking at the pictures I would appreciate it if you guys could point me in the right position as to the next step I should take.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Marijuana Plant Budding 10+ Weeks (Pictures)-cimg0991.jpg   Marijuana Plant Budding 10+ Weeks (Pictures)-cimg1001.jpg   Marijuana Plant Budding 10+ Weeks (Pictures)-cimg1002.jpg  

Marijuana Plant Budding 10+ Weeks (Pictures)-cimg1003.jpg  

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

LuciferN is offline Registered+
    You GOT to keep them in a 12/12 schedule or else you may come out with hermies (both sex, male and female. In a light leak enviroment (no light in). They look good, just check something, The pistils on the buds are white or brown, give us a approx. %... This will give us a clue is there near ready or not... My guess is that they need a few week, maybe more... You should get a microscope at least 60x to see the trichomes. You should read that: Text
    Take the time to search on the forum and read the parts you find interisting in the FAQs there a lot of good stuff there and you'll see it worth it !
    This is my new dream
    My old dream
    This is Only A Fiction, with some pictures directly from my mind via USB 3.0 !

Quote Originally Posted by LuciferN View Post
    You GOT to keep them in a 12/12 schedule or else you may come out with hermies (both sex, male and female. In a light leak enviroment (no light in). They look good, just check something, The pistils on the buds are white or brown, give us a approx. %... This will give us a clue is there near ready or not... My guess is that they need a few week, maybe more... You should get a microscope at least 60x to see the trichomes. You should read that: Text
    Take the time to search on the forum and read the parts you find interisting in the FAQs there a lot of good stuff there and you'll see it worth it !
    Thanks, the pistils are whitish- light green but tend to get a purplish-gold color at the tip like an amber color.

Also am I able to clone these plants? I would like to plant a few more within the next day.

Clonning a plant that far into flowering... You can try, but may be hard and remember this stress you're plants.
    This is my new dream
    My old dream

Quote Originally Posted by LuciferN View Post
    Clonning a plant that far into flowering... You can try, but may be hard and remember this stress you're plants.
    Alright now my next question is this. How much do you think a plant like that will yield. From the looks of it I couldn't even see it producing more than 8 grams.

Also should I let it continue to grow outside or should I grow it inside now? If so what would be the best method to do so with such a small plant?

Thanks!

They used to be outdoor ? If yes you can put them back out in the wild, if you keep them inside be sure to respect the 12/12 and remember NO LIGTH IN. As for the yeild that is a really good question, remember they will losse 3/4 of the weight in the process. I have not idea how big they are, try to take a picture with a common object (lighter, Smoke pack or even a rule). I'm sticking around, waitting to see it.
    This is my new dream
    My old dream

TheMetal1 is offline Registered+

Want $.02...

It's going to be really difficult to achieve full potential with your newly aquired plants. They are definitely budding females... so that's a plus

Ideally, each of those plants would normally require their own pot. Did you pull them out of the ground and place them into the container... or were they already in it and growing outdoors? Since they are fully flowering you probably can't seperate them without severely damaging the roots. If anything, I would suggest you at least weed the pots. No need for unnecessary vegetation in the already limited soil space. If you are going to complete the life cycle indoors... you will need to make a serious attempt at providing an adequate grow environment (light/dark/food/ventilation, etc.). You won't be able to just leave it under a bedroom incandescent and water it if you expect anything more than what's already there... and possibly not even that.
    I would suggest you keep them outdoors to provide the appropriate light and schedule. Possibly getting some food for them... but that's a pretty tricky situation you got there. I'd wait for others to comment. Maybe they have some sweet surgical techniques to get those babies apart... or inform you that they have about 4 days to live
    Good luck
    Last edited by TheMetal1; Aug-30-2008 at 16:12. Reason: ....
    nosce te ipsum....

Quote Originally Posted by highdeas View Post
    Alright now my next question is this. How much do you think a plant like that will yield. From the looks of it I couldn't even see it producing more than 8 grams.

Also should I let it continue to grow outside or should I grow it inside now? If so what would be the best method to do so with such a small plant?

Thanks!
    you'll probobly only get like a 1/4 ounce cause there not that big.. i wouldnt hope for anything more then that... but if you get more, congrats lol
    *Anything that is said by me in these forumns is for entertainment reasons only I in no way condone any behavior or actions that may break any laws Anything said by my username is all information and pictures that I have gathered from the internet, and reposted for others to see as well. Do not take anything I say serious,it is all for entertainment purposes only.*

SnSstealth is offline Registered+
    put em back outside and be happy with it. it would be more hassle and cost more than it would be worth at the stage they're in, like the one said already they're that small due mainly because of the 3 plants in one pot. maybe get some bloom feed for the next two weeks(walmart n the depot sell em too), wait another 2 after that then chop depending how they look. and even if you could take clones this late, it dosent look like you have any viable branches anyway.
    db
    Your style will eventually match your grow area and the amount of time and money you like to put into initial setup vs. long term maintenance.-stinkyattic

LED growing- An instructional grow log
    Episode 3...Revenge of the LED
    Episode 4: The Clone Colonies

Quote Originally Posted by SnSstealth View Post
    put em back outside and be happy with it. it would be more hassle and cost more than it would be worth at the stage they're in, like the one said already they're that small due mainly because of the 3 plants in one pot. maybe get some bloom feed for the next two weeks(walmart n the depot sell em too), wait another 2 after that then chop depending how they look. and even if you could take clones this late, it dosent look like you have any viable branches anyway.
    db
    word
    *Anything that is said by me in these forumns is for entertainment reasons only I in no way condone any behavior or actions that may break any laws Anything said by my username is all information and pictures that I have gathered from the internet, and reposted for others to see as well. Do not take anything I say serious,it is all for entertainment purposes only.*

O'skool is offline Registered+
    what ever you choose to do whether inside or out 1st thing is to get them some food...depending on where you at you might have a full month of flowering to go...if you can find a bigger pot and gently transplant, making sure not to mess too much with roots (i wouldn't try breaking the roots up to separate the plants at this point)...then you can always reveg them for your next run...
    Good luck

Amon1amarth is offline Registered+
    How did you get them to bud so early in the growth ive never seen a plant like that bud that fast outdoors

thecontender is offline Registered

oh yeah

look like females to me. I have been growing the same plants outdoors since thebeginning of summer. they are huge, but with no bud.

Thanks everyone for your input. I am going to get some food for them tomorrow some (bloom feed) also is their any other useful things I can purchase to nourish them so that they can flower into much more. I feel their may also be a chance that their are bugs that may be inhabiting my plants what do you recommend spraying the plants with to avoid bugs or kill bugs.

Also anyone with adequate information on how I can transplant them each into separate pots I would greatly appreciate it. Or would it be better to just transplant the entire thing to a larger pot?

One more thing last night one of my buddies decided it would interesting to try and smoke a flowering bud. He pulled off about 2 grams very small nugs. He did manage to get a beautiful high he said but I was kinda upset cause I was afraid their was a chance he damaged the plant. Is their a possibility he could have hurt or killed the plant or is it perfectly fine and it just will be a little smaller yield.

Okay well I do have another question how would I be able to preserve this plant after I harvest it? I would like to clone it somehow so I can plant more.

Thanks for all the quick help.
    Last edited by highdeas; Sep-09-2008 at 00:36.

cannawish is offline Registered+

sorry no clones for you

You won't be able to clone these because it's too far along in the flowering process....for preserving them, there are lots of threads about that...do some minimal research...and dry them out until the stem breaks. breaks not bends. the buds will be drier than what you're used to smoking, but they will get some moisture back when you store them.

cannawish is offline Registered+

sorry no clones for you

You won't be able to clone these because it's too far along in the flowering process....for preserving them, there are lots of threads about that...do some minimal research...and dry them out until the stem breaks. breaks not bends. the buds will be drier than what you're used to smoking, but they will get some moisture back when you store them.

lunarose is offline Registered+
    Like everyone said its too late to clone. The only way to preserve her is by getting some pollen and polinate a couple of her bud sites. I won't try to transplant them not at this point. Definitely females. Neem oil works well for bugs but you don't want to use it if you are within 2-3 weeks from harvest. Leave her outside but put her in a dark room for 36 hours right before harvest. You won't get a big yield but getting any yield with three plants sharing a pot. You friend taking a taste won't ruin it but with such small plants you don't want him to try it again(G)

serpentine5 is offline Registered+
    Looking at those pictures....
    The pic named: CIMG1001.jpg you have two female and one male.
    The center and the one on the left are fems, and the one on the right is a male....
    I would need to see the nodes better, but from what I see that what I see... Here is the pic with the nodes I am seeing circled....
    What do you think guys? Am I right? or am I seeing things?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Marijuana Plant Budding 10+ Weeks (Pictures)-cimg1001.jpg  

All these plant are female that's for sure... The male plants don't bud !
    So worst case you got an hermie. The picture is blurry so I can't tell for sure. Is it only one big thing or a cluster of small balls ?
    This is my new dream
    My old dream

serpentine5 is offline Registered+
    What I see on the left is just a single sack... the pix are not good for sexing, he needs to get pix of the joint nodes to see if male female or hermie....

yust19 is offline Registered
    okk well tell me this then i have a plant that i have had since i got out of skool in may so its really tall and i have four smaller plants but the bigone isnt budding or showing balls or the other things and its not flowering but it smells really good

irydyum is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by yust19 View Post
    okk well tell me this then i have a plant that i have had since i got out of skool in may so its really tall and i have four smaller plants but the bigone isnt budding or showing balls or the other things and its not flowering but it smells really good
    For your first post you chose a poor spot. Start your own thread and don't just but into someone elses with some nonsense.

Highdeas- it may be a hermie but that picture just doesn't show enough detail. Even if it is, so what? You were gifted the plants and it's your obligation to see that they reach their destiny, getting you high.

Odds are that no amount of tlc at this point is going to change one bit of the destiny of that plant. Transplanting may be an option, but why mess with it? It will cost you more to buy a pot and soil than it will give you smoke, follow? If you have the capacity to grow indoors, like a light source, why not just start some seeds of your own and take the journey from the beginning. Do some reading around here in the low budget grow threads and some of them can teach you how to do it easily with stuff from the depot.

It's kinda like picking up a new book and starting on chapter 12 at this point, kinda hard to know what's going on at the end when none of us knows how the story started.
    ----------------------
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak.

Current Grow here: Irydyum's Kush Grow
    Past Grows:
    White Widow
    Mango/GreenCrack
    Greenhouse Mixed Indicas

LetsSeeYa is offline Registered+
    Man why dont ya put them in the ground. It would give ya more bud and some room for those roots to spread out.

''If you substitute marijuana for tobacco and alcohol, you'll add 8 to 24 years to your life.''
    'Jack Herer

gongadeb is offline Registered

Talking how long to bud

Hi
    I am new to this but I have grown plants before but not much luck getting them to bud. What will I see when they start to bud? I have them on 12/12 with no light leak possible. Does anyone have a photo of what they look like when they begin to bud? Thanks for any advice/help