Thread: when do you pick?

s0st0n3d is offline Registered

when do you pick?

hi i'm just wondering what the signs are of the plant being ready to harvest.. .
    Also wondering if i were to keep them inside over night (there in buckets)to eliminate the frost issue could i continue to grow them longer to increase my yield?
    can you overgrow and ruin the bud?
    thanks

gianca is offline Registered+
    there is a certain peak the THC gets to, and that is when your are supposed to harvest. after that point, the THC starts degrading.

think of it as a mountain; the climb up is the plant producing THC and other cannabanoids(sp?), the peak of the mountain top is as far as the plant will go with producing and maturing the THC, and the climb down is the plant degrading, and eventually dying.

marijuana is a plant that completes its entire life cycle in one year. in the wild, if not seeded by a male plant, the female sensimilla(sp?) will degrade and eventually die. but if it is pollinated, it uses all its energy to develop those seeds, to "keep the family name going" and after that, also still dies.

so in short, no. you cannot keep the plant flowering for a larger yield.

sorry for the rambling. i ate an edible about two hours ago called "on the rise" bought from a local dispensary, which is very potent, and pure sativa. so my mind is racing, haha

hope this helps,
    gianca
    LEGALIZEREGULATEEDUCATE

my first grow, northern california
    http://boards.cannabis.com/outdoor-g...ftop-grow.html

can anyone help identify this bug that has been lurking on my plants?
    http://boards.cannabis.com/plant-pro...ml#post1896810

HELP!something is eating the bottom branches
    http://boards.cannabis.com/plant-pro...ml#post1904424

buddabusa001 is offline Registered+
    how long do you think your babe has been flowering and what are your temps at night?

s0st0n3d is offline Registered
    just over a month now. . .the hairs are turning colour and i'm getting more and more crystals everyday and temp well last night we dropped down to 5 with a high of 23 this week has been pretty cold. . .
    another question what exactly happens when frost hits? does the plant die the next day? i think were going to get frost early this year but with day time highs in the 20s its still got time to grow

buddabusa001 is offline Registered+
    id cut her down a few days just to be safe

Quote Originally Posted by gianca View Post
    there is a certain peak the THC gets to, and that is when your are supposed to harvest. after that point, the THC starts degrading.

think of it as a mountain; the climb up is the plant producing THC and other cannabanoids(sp?), the peak of the mountain top is as far as the plant will go with producing and maturing the THC, and the climb down is the plant degrading, and eventually dying.

marijuana is a plant that completes its entire life cycle in one year. in the wild, if not seeded by a male plant, the female sensimilla(sp?) will degrade and eventually die. but if it is pollinated, it uses all its energy to develop those seeds, to "keep the family name going" and after that, also still dies.

so in short, no. you cannot keep the plant flowering for a larger yield.

sorry for the rambling. i ate an edible about two hours ago called "on the rise" bought from a local dispensary, which is very potent, and pure sativa. so my mind is racing, haha

hope this helps,
    gianca

quick question, a little bit off topic but in california how do you get a marijuana license so you can just go in and buy what you want, i've been wanting to for so long...... if i have to become a resident i will lol

please explain
    *Anything that is said by me in these forumns is for entertainment reasons only I in no way condone any behavior or actions that may break any laws Anything said by my username is all information and pictures that I have gathered from the internet, and reposted for others to see as well. Do not take anything I say serious,it is all for entertainment purposes only.*

gianca is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by redrosesforabluelady View Post
    quick question, a little bit off topic but in california how do you get a marijuana license so you can just go in and buy what you want, i've been wanting to for so long...... if i have to become a resident i will lol

please explain
    it is extremely simple to get a doctors recommendation out here in the great state of California. even people that don't have legit reasons to get the paperwork, can still unfortunately get it as easily as us legit users. all you have to do is find a doctor in SF that does appointments for it. you pay the upfront fee of about $100, tell the nurse what your problems are while she checks your blood preasure. than you go back into the waiting room, and wait for the doctor to call you into his office. than he asks you whats up, and what the reason your there for. than he explains everythin; vaporizing, difference between indica and sativa, when to take which one, edibles, ect. you than get your paperwork, and THATS IT! lol, easy as hell

hope this helps,
    gianca
    LEGALIZEREGULATEEDUCATE

my first grow, northern california
    http://boards.cannabis.com/outdoor-g...ftop-grow.html

can anyone help identify this bug that has been lurking on my plants?
    http://boards.cannabis.com/plant-pro...ml#post1896810

HELP!something is eating the bottom branches
    http://boards.cannabis.com/plant-pro...ml#post1904424