Thread: hermied from stress

middieman440 is offline Registered+

hermied from stress

so guys i just got some 50 seeds from my uncle the strain is haze and grows purple..the seeds came from a hermie plant but didnt hermie untill late into flowering..the seeds are good sprouting wize..but what would the outcome be of the plants grown...female,hermie, or mix of all 3...what are the odds of them being female....this is a late strain maturing in november but plan on crossing with some indicas and auto-flowering plants..give me advice/info please ..i should also add that this strain came from the 60's-70's so its something i wanna keep true to its nature but also make a cross of it but the strain has ben original since the 60-70's era ..and also the plant turned hermi because animals dug it up a few times but survived but was hermie..

bigtopsfinn is offline Registered+
    All the beans should be female, but the fact that it happened late in flowering makes me think that the seeds were not finished developing, but that's just my hunch.

You should be alright with those... like I said they will be almost all female, but will hermie under the same stress like the mother. Doesn't have to be animals eating it necessarily, so make sure you put them in a stable growing environment...
    99% of the growing info you need can be found here: Cdot grow guide and FAQs

Completed grow logs:
    First grow - LST'd Trainwreck -- Two Trainwrecks in SCRog -- Finn'SCRog 2010

the seeds are plenty mature some brown.dark brown/tiger stripped test germed 8 of them all popped in one day...so if i just plant them and grow normally i should get all ladies.....and will hermie themselves if they get stressed...

also thanks for the reply/answear's

bigtopsfinn is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by middieman440 View Post
    so if i just plant them and grow normally i should get all ladies.....and will hermie themselves if they get stressed...
    That's what I think and what I've read also. If they hermie under perfect conditions, then its a genetic thing and will keep happening every time. But by your description, it sounds like a stable strain, and you should have great success as long as the originals were all female. The female plant does not have the Y chromosome, so it can't self-produce males theoretically.

Please let me know if it does/doesn't work for you. I've been thinking about stressing one of my fem. Trainwreck to get more feminized seeds.
    99% of the growing info you need can be found here: Cdot grow guide and FAQs

Completed grow logs:
    First grow - LST'd Trainwreck -- Two Trainwrecks in SCRog -- Finn'SCRog 2010

well bigtops i really wont know the answear untill november..as im growing outdoors...but will let you know...