Cannabis.com

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By huero1

Thread: What's the best soil/nutrient I can buy?

sm0kes is offline Registered

What's the best soil/nutrient I can buy?

Hi, I'm new here.

I was wondering whatís the best soil and nutrients I can buy and where to buy them. Iíve been growing for two years now and always used miracle grow moisture control and it has worked fine but I heard a lot of negative things about it so I need someone else's input. Iím really confused. Should I stick with the miracle grow? And if I do keep using it, what nutrients should I add after the first 3 months? I hope someone would answer this. Thanks in advance.

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

Dutch Pimp is offline Registered+
    Iíve been growing for two years now and always used miracle grow moisture control and it has worked fine
    ...if it ain't broke ...don't fix it......add 20% perlite, too

I like a pinch of 20-20-20 during vegging...and 10-52-10 during flowering; every third watering...1/4 strenght.
    Last edited by Dutch Pimp; Sep-07-2009 at 04:38.

F1SEEDS is offline Registered+

MG

hey man id say that ur losing yield on ur plants if u grow them indoors and u have moister retention crystals in the soil man.

the crystals in the soil makes the soil keep to wet man .

cannabis plants like to dry out so they can breath but if ur growing outdoors the crystals can be helpful!

personally ive used biobizz,bio nova,baby bio,hollands secrets...they all have there pluses and negatives.

wot i tell new growers is to grow bud without nutes first so u can guage the outcome of wot u are useing but thats just me.

peace and love

geeman

sm0kes is offline Registered
    Oh ok. So I'll stick with the miracle grow moisture control then. Here are some pictures of my grows by the way:

http://i816.photobucket.com/albums/z...or/grows01.jpg

http://i816.photobucket.com/albums/z...or/grows02.jpg

http://i816.photobucket.com/albums/z...or/grows03.jpg

http://i816.photobucket.com/albums/z...or/grows04.jpg

http://i816.photobucket.com/albums/z...or/grows05.jpg

Noticed the dots on my bush? Iím thinking I have many ďgoodĒ bugs around my bush. Oh well, Iíll just spray my plants with organicide insect killer.

AlCapuco is offline Registered
    There is no 'best' soil and nutrient, only those which others feel are 'best'.
    If MG (organic, right?) has been working for ya, why switch?
    However if you do want to switch, and have access to Pro-Mix HP, go for it. It's on the expensive side, but well worth the money.

I use mostly solid organics, and teas I make myself from the solids. When the time comes, you can top dress with:
    Blood meal (12-0-0) -- go lightly. A little bit too much, and you'll fry the plants.
    Blood meal is entirely water insoluble, so no tea can be made. But once the microbes in the soil get hold of it, they will effect a wicked short term N release. Then it plateaus to a low level but steady release that lasts around 6 weeks.

Bat guano - my favorite, somewhat expensive, but very gentle. It is partially water soluble, so a tea can be made. High N guano for veg (~11-4-2), and high P guano for flower (~0-5-0). It also contains millions of beneficial microbes.

Alfalfa meal - very nutritious stuff (~6-3-2 + trace elements). Partially water soluble, tea can be made.

Compost/humus - really good stuff high in humic and fulvic acids as well as microbes necessary for soil health and enzymes necessary for nutrient uptake. Partially water soluble, tea can be made.

Bone meal - (~0-10-0) Mostly for root health because it breaks down so slowly, but if you add it early enough, it can be a flower booster as well. Also provide calcium and contributes toward pH adjustment (upward). Totally water insoluble.

huero1 is offline Registered

NOT GREAT

I DON`T THINK YOU SHOULD USE THAT MIRACLE GROW. AND DO SOME RESEARCH ON NUTRIENTS, THERE ARE A LOT OF GOOD ONES AS LONG AS THERE USED AT THE RIGHT TIME. BEST SOIL I WOULD SAY IS FOX FARM OCEAN FORREST... AND IT HAS ALL THE STUFF DUDE ABOVE SAID. AND HE WAS BEING NICE ABOUT IF ITS WORKING DO IT. GO WITH HIS OPTION YOU`LL BE HAPPIER AT THE END...
    aussiekron likes this.

riderinthedark4 is offline Registered+
    Honestly, miracle grow works, but I really don't like how you can't control your own nutrients. I like using Black Gold potting soil with about 1/3 the amount of added pearlite. It does have some nutrients, but I add in Botanicare nutrients after about the first month or so. I've found much success with the Botanicare line of nutrients: Pro Grow(for veg), Pro Bloom(for flowering), CalMag, Liquid Karma, and Sweet. Make sure you go to the website and get the feeding chart which will be very helpful. I also add in some unsulfured molases right before I flush and at the very end of flowering to get a rather sweet taste. Be aware with molases though, ants love the stuff, and if you use it too soon, they will infiltrate your beautiful flowers.

Hope this helps,
    rider

redfox30 is offline Registered+
    Judging from what i know about miracle grow id say its nute burn mg is not really good for herb my friend the soil is usable to a degree but thats it...so id say flush the soil and see if that helps...cause yea miracle grow on a plant that small and young.... burned it up so flush the soil and get some real nutrients like fox farm or floranova or advanced nutrient and start with a weaker dose than reccomended for the first week or so of feeding then work you way up to the feeding table reccomendations...