Hey, Guys. So I have a question that needs a somewhat precise answer (or as specific to this situation as possible). I have two strains growing, a Grandaddy Purple@ 30" and a Bubble Berry@4.5' I was just wondering whether or not it is getting close to harvest. i live on the central coast of california and have these growing in my backyard. I thought these strains would not be ready until october, bu they are exhibiting some signs of harvest coming in a few weeks (based on what I have read).
1. Bubbleberry has about 5-10% amber trichomes (some still clear and majority are milky) and about 20% red hairs (majority are still white/yellow hue). About half of the fan leaves are yellowing, 10% have wilted and needed to be removed/fallen off (mainly on the lower portion of the plant, but some on upper portion). The colas have packed on some decently resinous flowers, but still seem a bit leafy to me.
2. GDP is exhibiting similar attributes to the Bubble berry), but all of the fan leaves are still dark green (unlike the Bubble Berry).
On both plants, not all the buds are exhibiting these traits. Some are still looking very much like they are in "development stage of flowering.
1. I am wondering if I need to start flushing these in order to ready the plants for harvest in a couple weeks?
2. Should I harvest them a bud/branch at a time?
3. Am I jumping the gun a bit?
4. How much longer would someone estimate I have until harvest?
I am sorry if these are rudimentary questions, but this s my first grow, and I just want to make some good smoke. If they are close to being ready< I need to get to constructing a drying cabinet.
1 Bubble Berry (notice yellowing leaves)
2 Bubble Berry top cola
4 GDP top cola
5 Top of GDP top cola