Cannabis.com

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: is it true sugar makes buds fatter?

Question is it true sugar makes buds fatter?

i read on the miracle grow thread that adding sugar to your water will make the buds grow faster and fatter is this true and if so what is the ratio..... please reply to this cause if it is true i would like to do it thanks,brian

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Buy Feminised Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

kush07 is offline Registered+
    Yes, sugar does effect bud growth and developement by as much as 10%. It is always good to add it to your watering regime during flowering and whenever you might need to help a plant get over stress.

Happy Toking

awesome but does anyone know how muc hto put in the water cause i dont wanna put in too much or not enough

m.g. is offline Banned
    i've been growing outdoors for going on 30 years now and would not recommend putting sugar around your plants. the solution will gum up the roots and attract insects. if you must do it anyway i urge you to test it on a trial plant planted well away from the others...then you'll see what i'm talking about.

damn it because as soon as the post came back as it was good i ran outside and watered it with sugar in it.....so am i gonna be screwed now?

Well I STRONGLY DISAGREE WITH M.G.! I have the same amount of experience as m.g. but unlike him have had amazing results with Sugar. The most un-processed the sugar the better, the best being Turbinado. I would recommend using around 1 tablespoon per gallon of water. But he is right about the insects. Well atleast about the ants anyway. But in some aspects ants are actually benefical, protecting from more harmful insects. Don't know how he says it 'gums up the roots', adding sugar supplements plants natural sugars making them grow bigger faster than without it. There was quite a nice article in HT's a few months back called 'Sweetleaf'.

alright then i put like way too much sugar in the water i took like 3 scoops in my watering can thing and i only put in like a 1/2 gallon maybe 1 full one is tha tbad?

imsmokingmyroach is offline Registered+
    I use brown sugar for my plants. I mix 2tsp-3 gallons and flowering food.
    I think sugar works great.

bud breath420 is offline Registered+
    you should disolve your sugar in your water before giving it to your plants... sugar as well as supplementing sugars for the plants gives it extra carbon...
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronic.Tonic View Post
    Damn, fucking vomit. I'd really hate to throw up all over my pipe or something... Just imagine how much it would suck to see puke all over your pipe or all mixed in your bong water?! Thats vile man, sorry to put that image in your minds.

houdini is offline Registered+
    What ? sugar ? since when ? I'm also a long-time grower and this is the first time I've heard of sugar (like you buy in a store) aiding plant development. I'm always open to new ideas but pouring sugarized water on plants ? Sounds like a recipe for major bug attraction.

Well theres just a limit to how much can be used at one time, To much of a good thing can be bad. It also depends on how big your plant is.

Houdini, I don't know what to tell you, this has been well known of decades in growing circles, not just cannabis but other fruits and vegetables as well. Get out from under that rock my brother!

stinkyattic is offline CultiModerVatorAtor
    Sweet and TopMax and some other products contain sugar so if you're afraid of gumming up the roots just use those things instead.

and carboload.

phillykid is offline Registered+
    the carbohydrates (sugars) feed the benficial microbes in the soil, and facilitate the uptake of the residual nutrients in the soil.

1/2 cup of unsweetened pineapple juice per 5 gal/water. during the last 2 weeks.
    no boyz this a mans game

awesome thanks a lot guys i have done this twice already and have only noticed a few ants so im guess im going to give this a go for all u guys to try i already noticed a difference as well

Happy to be of assitance, also I don't think a few ants are going to much of a problem for a plant the size of the one you have. I defiately think the reward outweighs the 'risk' but thats just me...have a happy grow, stay safe.

m.g. is offline Banned
    ok then...when you start getting odd shaped, coppery colored spots breaking out on your leaves you'll know what the problem is and perhaps next time will stick with 'the book' and time honored methods instead of looking for a shortcut. don't you think something so simple and accessible would be used by all if it really worked?

why would it develop brown spots...cause ive already done this a few times... if it does coudl u tell me how to fix it?

I don't know what books you're reading but the ones I've read suggested to use sugar. And FYI, it is a 'time honored method' people have been doing it for decades. Theres fewer experienced growers that don't use than do use it that I know. And I've never had "odd shaped, copper colored spots breaking out on my leaves" I'm not getting into a 'pissing contest' about this I've said all I have to say about the subject.

i dont know what to do now lol... do i keep using sugar or do i stop..... i jus twant huge buds.. i think everyoen does

I'm with M.G. on this. All of the top growers I know DO NOT use sugar in the way suggested in this thread. Ed Rosenthal, George Cervantes have written quite a few growing books and nowhere in any of them are they recommending the use of sugar in the way suggested here. I've also been a regular on Overgrow, especially the growing threads, and this subject never came up in the 4 years or so I was there.
    However, as I said previously, I am open to new ideas. Smoky, could you please supply some net or book references where the use of sugar to aid marijuana plant development is specifically mentioned ? Thanks buddy and peace to all here. I'm not interested in a pissing contest either but I am interested in accurate information for people who use these boards.

sombro is offline Registered
    i've read on another forum about some experienced growers flushing with molasses dissolved in water a few days before harvesting but that was for taste rather than improved yield.

There's a whole shitload of folklore out there about flushing. First of all, you DO NOT flush plants growing in the ground. You DO flush plants either in pots or grown hydroponically. Its very simple. Use plain ordinary water about 10 days or so before harvest. But if you want to spend money, then be my guest. You can find a myriad of products for good bucks on the web. Using H2o will give you a smooth smoke afterwards, providing of course that you dry and cure properly.
    There is a molasses product around which claims to 'sweeten' the buds. I don't believe it.

justlovingit420 is offline Registered+

hum

you guys are all high i suggest ya stop smokin weed as for you smoky you havent posted any plants on here that look like you know what ur doin ive grown in the emerald triangle for 20 years and know not 1 person that ever watered with sugar whatever if i was all of you i would just stick to whatever your program with growing is and let the other fools try all this other shit thats how ya messup ur plants is when you start listening to foolishness im out

Quote Originally Posted by houdini View Post
    I'm with M.G. on this. All of the top growers I know DO NOT use sugar in the way suggested in this thread. Ed Rosenthal, George Cervantes have written quite a few growing books and nowhere in any of them are they recommending the use of sugar in the way suggested here. I've also been a regular on Overgrow, especially the growing threads, and this subject never came up in the 4 years or so I was there.
    However, as I said previously, I am open to new ideas. Smoky, could you please supply some net or book references where the use of sugar to aid marijuana plant development is specifically mentioned ? Thanks buddy and peace to all here. I'm not interested in a pissing contest either but I am interested in accurate information for people who use these boards.
    Well you must not have read JORGE Cervantez lastest edition, Page 290.

Justlovingit420, you have a big mouth my friend, just because I haven't been spamming the boards and interrupting other peoples threads with photos of mine doesn't mean I dont have them. Look through all my posts before you go running your mouth off. But just for you here, and this was just this year, my photos from my grows in the 80's would have blown your little mind.

Sorry Redrosesforabluelady for polluting your thread.

Didn't know what I was doing here.
    http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g1...t/DSCF0001.jpg

or here
    http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g1...erryFemale.jpg

not here either
    http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g1...sPics019-1.jpg

defiately not here either
    http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ianHybrid2.jpg

and here either
    http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g1...uanaFemale.jpg

I know there not the 6 foot tall plants you have, (as I don't have the backyard option you do) but defiately enough I think to prove I know what I'm doing...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast