Cannabis.com

Thread: Powdery Mildew

houdini is offline Registered+

Powdery Mildew

I have a problem with some of my girls. We had lots of heavy rain in August at my spot on the planet, with correspondingly high humidity. My babies were wet and damp for prolonged periods. Now the lower leaves on some plants have powdery mildew. For people who don't know what that is, its a mildew (like a fungus) which feeds off the plant leaves and propagates using spores to infect healthy plants.
    Now I know the classic cure for this problem is a Sulphur spray or the use of Potassium Bicarbonate. But being concerned for my health and the consequences of smoking bud sprayed with chemicals, is there anybody out there who's knowledgeable about this problem and how best to treat it ?
    Thanks in advance for any educated replies.

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Buy Feminised Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

bud breath420 is offline Registered+
    here ya go dude should clear it up for you

Powdery Mildew : To one bucket of water add 7 teaspoons (20 grams) of bicarbonate of soda and sufficient laundry soap to make a rich lather. Stir the mixture to dissolve the bicarbonate of soda powder. Spray both sides of the affected leaves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronic.Tonic View Post
    Damn, fucking vomit. I'd really hate to throw up all over my pipe or something... Just imagine how much it would suck to see puke all over your pipe or all mixed in your bong water?! Thats vile man, sorry to put that image in your minds.

houdini is offline Registered+
    Thanks Budbreath. Have you used it yourself ? I'm a little leery about spraying sodium bicarbonate on my girls for fear of leaf damage.

justlovingit420 is offline Registered+
    go get urself some safeguard soap the bar soap and mix it up with water and spray it on ur plants that should take care of it and yes i have used trhis method before k k have a good one

iris is offline Registered+
    I used Neem Oil mixed as directed with a bit of dish soap and sprayed it on .... 2-3 applications took care of 3 very badly infected plants....can't apply Neem to buds though...stinks...made from the Neem Tree....also took care of a bug problem I was having...bonus!

deadfrog is offline Registered
    Hey there Houdini,

This link might be of help:
    http://www.gardenguides.com/articles/powderymildew.htm

Atom Bong is offline Registered+
    Damn i had the same problem, they started rapidly producing this white shit on the leaves, i could wipe it off with my finger, at first i freaked out and took a couple leaves i could sacrifice, then i sprayed it with antibacterial soap, now its all gone and theres only a slight bit of leaf burn, i also dumped a good 1/2ounce of guano on each plants soil, they took right the fuck off, and their pretty purple with this damn new england weather, i hope i can make it into october, 3rd week flowering, no ferts besides guano, in canadian gold potting mix, ones topped and one isnt, the topped one isnt so strong or bushy but the untopped one is god like

Zandor is offline Registered+
    Milk works on powdery mildew.

Check out my show #5 in the last segment I talk about this method and why it works and how to try it.
    Peace
    Zandor

If you go cheap you grow cheap. - Me

likemclever is offline Registered+
    BTW great shows Zandor.
    A man's moral conscience is the curse he had to accept from the gods in order to gain from them the right to dream. -William Faulkner