Cannabis.com

Thread: WHY DOES MY DRIED BUD SMELL OF HAY?

psymin is offline Registered+

WHY DOES MY DRIED BUD SMELL OF HAY?

Doest any one ahve the answer as it doesnt smell like bud at all any more, where has the smell gone? have i done some thing wrong?
    ''THINK FOR YOURSELF AND QUESTION AUTHORITY'' Timothy Leary

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Buy Feminised Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

Tomthehippie is offline Registered+
    is this ur 1st grow? it just might cus.. either... poor strain? poor light? harvested at the wrong time? erm poorly fed? could be loads of things

4th grow, growing white rhino, n harvested it bit late, which might be the reason. but has any one else had this problem? will curing it in cans halp?

redeyed is offline Registered+
    How long have you been drying it, two week's, three weeks? After a couple weeks you should start cureing your bud is mason jars, you can use any sealable container but mason jars are glass and won't pick any bad tastes or smells. Place buds loosely in the jars close the lid tight and only open it for 20 min. aday. Do that for a month while keeping it in a cool dark place and keeping a eye out for mold. You should notice a differance after that.
    As far as the hay smell, check your buds for mold. Hopefully there is none and that's not your problem, if there is sorry dude but better luck next year.

thanks man, they only been drying for a bout 10 days now, but smell has slowley gone, when i agitate the bud it does smell of skunk then , but i will cure it one dried.

thansk for your help guys

Tomthehippie is offline Registered+
    it sounds like a poor strain or it was a poor plant? iv had the same thing happen to me with whitewidow..

yeah man nirvana seeds, dont really liek thats company as all the plants were inconsistent and 4 males, where as the flying dutchmen, shiva shanty and pot of god were all big and strong. much bigger stems too. they have still got about 2 or 3 weeks left

Delta9 UK is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by psymin View Post
    yeah man nirvana seeds, dont really liek thats company as all the plants were inconsistent and 4 males, where as the flying dutchmen, shiva shanty and pot of god were all big and strong. much bigger stems too. they have still got about 2 or 3 weeks left
    Do they smell strong (stealth) while growing? I have those exact seeds
    Minds are like parachutes, they both work best when open.

Thomas R. Dewar

ocbornandrazd is offline Registered+
    WHat I have found is that when curing in jars(i like glass too)as long as it's airtight it works.Watch for mold cause it sneaks up on you.Better to have dried it too much then ruin it from mold.THe longer it stays in the jars,keeping an eye on it and if u start getting an amonia smell then it's starting to mold.After a couple weeks in an airtight container you will start getting that smell ur looking for.The smell is caused by chemical reactions ya all probably could care less about,but the taste become sweeter/richer and kicks the potency up a notch as well.Also remember that outdoor mj doesn't get that hydro,indoor,nutrient induced man controlled care.Outdoor/organic is Mother Natures gift of life to us.Isn't she wonderful?
    What r u growing and doesn't it have smell when u cut it open? How long has it been drying off the tree,ect.?
    THere r some good URL's on curing and that's how ul get ur grow to be all it can be.Good luck and the next grow always goes better because we learn so much from each time.Make sur eto keep good documentation so u know what u did when it went south and visa-versa.

Abattoir Dream is offline Registered+
    some strains lose their smell and taste, its not something youve done, (unless you grew hemp lol) its the strain,
    I'm THE Abattoir, abnormal abnormalities
    I have fantasies, while i blab formalities
    and stab happy families in the back with fat calories,
    I'm broke still lookin for contracts and salaries..
    I can, stick to this, ill be doin this forever,
    I tell a fella never to fuck when im under weather
    I severe an acapella, punch holes in a portrait
    preserve words of gold in pottasium sorbate...

bejay is offline Registered+
    dont think it has much to do with the strain and curing it may help but think the drying process is probably the biggest factor you may have dried it out to much or to fast. not sure how you dried your plants but 10 days could easily be to long depending on the conditions such as temp and humidity.