Cannabis.com

Thread: HELP, crispy brown leaves??

stevendre is offline Registered

HELP, crispy brown leaves??

can i have your opinions on a problem i have, my plants leaves are turning crispy brown, and more or less crumble in your hands when touched. i know the easiest way for me to show would be a picture, i tried this but you carnt see very well with the picture.
    they actualy look like burnt off the lights but lights are a ft from the buds, so there well clear, plants are three weeks from harvest, buds are still white, so there not browning off yet, plants are in 15litre pots of coco, any advice would be apreciated, cheers

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

Weedhound is offline Registered+
    International Cannagraphic Magazine Forums - The Complete guide to Sick Plants,pH, and Pest troubles!

Don't have enough information to really advise anything else. Good luck.
    Haze(y) Grow Log:
    http://boards.cannabis.com/grow-log/...-grow-log.html

"Your deeds show your character."-StinkyAttic

Quote Originally Posted by stevendre View Post
    can i have your opinions on a problem i have, my plants leaves are turning crispy brown, and more or less crumble in your hands when touched. i know the easiest way for me to show would be a picture, i tried this but you carnt see very well with the picture.
    they actualy look like burnt off the lights but lights are a ft from the buds, so there well clear, plants are three weeks from harvest, buds are still white, so there not browning off yet, plants are in 15litre pots of coco, any advice would be apreciated, cheers
    i have managed to get pictures of my problem, BUT to large to add on here, dont know how to resize them, but have somehow managed to add as my aviator, so any comments?.

Just from that small photo they really do look very, VERY unhappy.

A Troubleshooting form! Yay! You know you wanted one!

Answer the questions in this troubleshooting forum and then perhaps one of the "growheads" here (I love that word ) can help you figure the problem out.
    Haze(y) Grow Log:

stickyicky07 is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by stevendre View Post
    i have managed to get pictures of my problem, BUT to large to add on here, dont know how to resize them, but have somehow managed to add as my aviator, so any comments?.
    get a free program called pixresizer and resize the pics, when you start a therad or reply scroll down to the Additional Options section and click on manage attachments in the attach files part then browse and find your pics

hope this helps

stinkyattic is offline CultiModerVatorAtor
    Those look SCORCHED. HAve you been overfeeding them?

Stinky.....blight?
    Haze(y) Grow Log:

stinkyattic is offline CultiModerVatorAtor
    Hm.. I'm not aware of any 'blight' type diseases that you'd commonly find on cannabis. Like, viral type. I'm thinking fert burn plus high heat on that one. pH problem could contribute but it's #3 on my list, and until the OP gives more info, it's a big ???

finally got a couple of pictures sorted, now this has only happened in the last week, with three weeks left until harvest, feed and ph levels seem ok, i have done nothing different all the way through the bloom stage, only started adding boost for the last four weeks. temp is 88f but does creep up to 90 for an hour or two later in day. and my whole crop is going like this.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HELP, crispy brown leaves??-img1.jpg   HELP, crispy brown leaves??-img2.jpg  
    Last edited by stevendre; Aug-12-2007 at 02:48.

Well here'd be my guess...bloom boost overdose.....major league. I'm only saying that because I'll bet your plants were doing fine before it and now look half dead. And ARE half dead I think. Whatever the last thing you "changed" or "added" and then your problems started is where the problem lies. And I'm thinking its the bloom boost.

What to do? Flush. Do you have something like FloraKleen? If not then straight ph'd water and that's all. If you leave them as is you're most likely going to have a bunch of crispy nothings in a few weeks. You may feel free to disregard this advice (please...... because I have a feeling those may very well be done already.)

I cannot offer you any more tips since besides the photos and the mention of coco I can't get much more info out of you except that "the levels seem ok" Without some clear numbers and names of what you are using. I'm just too afraid to guess.

Good luck.
    Last edited by Weedhound; Aug-12-2007 at 13:41.
    Haze(y) Grow Log:

Was that "bloom boost" Gravity?
    Haze(y) Grow Log:

If it is Gravity by some chance get your light WAAAAYYYYY back.
    Haze(y) Grow Log:

Quote Originally Posted by Weedhound View Post
    Well here'd be my guess...bloom boost overdose.....major league. I'm only saying that because I'll bet your plants were doing fine before it and now look half dead. And ARE half dead I think. Whatever the last thing you "changed" or "added" and then your problems started is where the problem lies. And I'm thinking its the bloom boost.

What to do? Flush. Do you have something like FloraKleen? If not then straight ph'd water and that's all. If you leave them as is you're most likely going to have a bunch of crispy nothings in a few weeks. You may feel free to disregard this advice (please...... because I have a feeling those may very well be done already.)

I cannot offer you any more tips since besides the photos and the mention of coco I can't get much more info out of you except that "the levels seem ok" Without some clear numbers and names of what you are using. I'm just too afraid to guess.

Good luck.
    thanks weedhound, i think your advice is right, just hope i can salvage something

Was that "bloom boost" Gravity?
    i use ionic bloom(made by growthtechnology uk), for last eight weeks, and add boost (also made by them)to this for the last four weeks to add more weight to buds.

Sounds like exactly along the same line as Gravity. Did you perhaps overuse it because I'm pretty sure that's exactly what Gravity would do it you overused OR didn't pull your lights back a foot or so. Is the burning on the stuff closest to the light?

Again....I'm guessing here.....not enough info....hint HINT.....good luck
    Haze(y) Grow Log:

What kind of water? Tap? PH ? TALK TO ME STEVE!!!!
    Haze(y) Grow Log:

KL4D4 is offline Registered+
    Go out and buy a dehumidifier, puts out a good amount of R/O water.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-WPhkkPkEM

The Pope says: after class you should follow her around mumbling like a crazy person and trying to touch her hair

Marijuana is a bad bad thing

ohkelly is offline Banned
    Steve,

You've done something very wrong to those poor plants. And, without better pics (probably with them, too), I'd have to agree with Weedhound that the last change you made is to blame. That is, unless you've made more than one change in the last little while.

Flush, flush and flush, and back off on the lights, because something is killing those babies dead.

IOW, growhead Weedhound has it covered, I think.

So, I guess the only *new* advice I can give you is to give the plants a thorough foliar rinse, too. Hose them off real good. It might help. Oh, and bigger pictures, too.

What kind of water? Tap? PH ? TALK TO ME STEVE!!!!
    tap water, but i always fill container, leave it a day before i ph and add feed, my ph levels are always 5.8, like you say if its something i have just changed, all it can be is the boost i have just added, but i have done nothing any different to any other time.

Good...that sounds good....just wanted to make sure you didn't have a deficiency of some kind and then send you off in the wrong direction to treat your plants.

Remove as much stress as possible from the plants....easy on the lighting etc....let us know how they do....

good luck
    Haze(y) Grow Log: