Cannabis.com

Thread: Male Plant???

flybynight is offline Registered

Smile Male Plant???

Hi All,

I think "it's a boy!". Just sprouted a new seedling 2 weeks ago got to it's third set of leaves and there's a bud of litte green balls forming at the top. in other words, the fingers of the leaves are not forming, it's happened twice now, and i destroyed the other. to me it doesn't look right. as I've always been successful with females.sorry no pics.

love ya!!

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

growwatcher is offline Registered+
    Without pictures it is hard to say what you are seeing. But from my experience, the plant is just starting to hit vegetative stride at the third set of leaves. It shouldn't be pre-flowering yet.

From what I've seen & read, pre-flowering doesn't happen until somewhere around the 4th week of vegetative growth. Vegetative growth doesn't begin until 2 or so weeks after sprouting.

To quote from "Marijuana Horticulture The Indoor/Outdoor Medical Grower's Bible, 5th Ed." from Jorge Cedrvantes, page 75:
    "The pre-flowers grow at branch internodes just behind the leaf spur or stipule about the forth week of vegetative growth, when the plant is six to eight weeks old."

I've had plants show preflowers at 4-5 weeks from sprouting, but not at 2.

Grow

Ganja Guerrilla is offline Registered+
    they dont sex till about the 5-7 th week