Thread: HELP !!! I have little white maggots on the underside of my leaves

Lozt is offline Registered+

HELP !!! I have little white maggots on the underside of my leaves

I notices that i have little whoite maggots on the underside of my leaves today i thought i had fungas gnats and i did i saw them flyin arround I dont see them anymore and i sprayed the soil of the pots with a product designed to kill gnats.. I dont see em flyin arround no more but when i was examining the leaves i seen them on it im not sure if they are gnats or a different bug .. flowering has slower dramaticly. Also the leaves are starting to show what looks like rust and it mainly on the large fan leaves.. If anyone knows a decent web site that shows real pics of pests its would be help full im willing to take any suggestions at this point I have no idea what the are they are barely visable to the eye..
    Please help .....

Doctor Whoov is offline Registered+
    Are the little white maggots wormy or kind of flat and spiney-fuzzy. If the latter is the case you have scale. If they are very small you may need to examine them with a magnifying glass. Good luck.

klondike_bar is offline Banned
    spray the plant lightly with either neem oil or slightly soapy water to fight off most bugs and somefunguses

(no clue about neem oil, but its good for mites at least)

they are like little white maggots real small i had to u se a magnifying glass its was hard to see but they are like wormy maggots they move like a maggot

stinkyattic is offline CultiModerVatorAtor
    Do you see bits of web? Are there pale speckles on the tops of the leaves? = MITES.
    If you are not past week 3 of flower, mist lightly with neem oil, allow to dry, check for any apparent leaf damage, mist again. The leaves should start to appear just a touch shinier than previously.
    Get a little breeze going in there and drop your max temps below 75. This slows down their breeding.
    Get 2 pyrethrin bug bombs. Set one off immediately, then set the other off in 2-3 days.

This should knock them back and buy you time to harvest.
    Then after harvest, SCRUB your grow room inculding all pots.

This method works for other pests too. But mites are really and truly evil.

I concur with the pyrethrin bug bombs, or pyrethrin sprays ... safe, (made from marigolds, if you're into that touchy-feely organics crap) just follow the directions on the can ... nuke 'em !

indicagrower is offline Registered+
    Would maggots set up shop on a plant???
    Don't they eat rotten meat??

stinkyattic is offline CultiModerVatorAtor
    Maggot is a general descriptive term for the larval, ravenously-feeding stage of a bug.
    To be quite technical, since mites are not an insect, the larval stage has a different name, but I can't be bothered to google it, I'm cooking atm!

Quote Originally Posted by stinkyattic View Post
    Maggot is a general descriptive term for the larval, ravenously-feeding stage of a bug.
    To be quite technical, since mites are not an insect, the larval stage has a different name, but I can't be bothered to google it, I'm cooking atm!
    cooking ? ... how domestic of ya ... 'cannabutterball turkey', I assume ? ...

Actually upon closer inspection today with a better magnifieing glass I saw that they are actually little bugs look kinda like thripes i think that what they are they walk but they are damn near transloucent Im gunna bug bomb the whole room i am running an inclosed room should i vent the room and if so how long after Im not that organic guy im tryin to save my children im gunna nuke them bastards ..... also im gunna use a product called M 2000 for the soil to get em in there too its shitty cuz im 2 almost 3 weeks in to flowering I dident need this kind of shit to happen I hope all is goin to be well..

Thanks for the posts I am a medical user and I look at this as My only means of actual medication..

Thanks and god bless