Thread: First signs of heat stress?

Gundari is offline Registered+

First signs of heat stress?

I've got two seedlings growing in my seedling box, a gutted pc case with 2 6500k cfls in it and a pc fan running for ventilation. The taller of the two is starting to show yellowing around the edges of the leaves and 1 of them is slightly curling up the others seem fine. The shorter of the two plants doesn't exhibit any yellowing on it at all. I doubt its nute burn as the seedlings are in a mixture of humus and manure with perlite added in in about a 2 to 1 manure to perlite ratio. The manure and perlite both have like .7 or some other fraction of a number of all the vital plant nutes added but I don't think that would be anywhere near enough to cause burn. Heres the single picture I managed to snap off before my cameras batteries died. They're charging as I type this so I should be able to get a picture or two more tomorrow.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails First signs of heat stress?-dsc01255.jpg  
    You can always look back, but you can never change the past.

M.B.A. is offline Registered+
    What Kinda soil mix are you using? Looks kinda dry and harsh...you need to fill the pot higher w/soil tooHere is what helped me get my info on growing, watch the video at the top of the page
    Growing Weed For Beginners
    Last edited by M.B.A.; Nov-30-2007 at 13:35.
    Support Medicinal Cannabis and Those Who Are Fighting the "Good Fight"

stinkyattic is offline CultiModerVatorAtor
    That soil mix is pretty 'hot' for seedlings. Get some big holes in your cup and flush it out well. Generally, you should hold off on a compost based mix until you are ready to start feeding as the 5th set of adult leaves is starting to show. You should be totally fine, but you DO need to flush that plant. Luckily, you've got all that perlite in there and it will be VERY easy.

Gundari is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by M.B.A. View Post
    What Kinda soil mix are you using? Looks kinda dry and harsh...you need to fill the pot higher w/soil tooHere is what helped me get my info on growing, watch the video at the top of the page
    Growing Weed For Beginners
    I told you in my post :-p Helps if you read the post as opposed to just looking at the title and the attached picture :-p

Ty for the flushing suggestion stinky, I'll get right on that.
    You can always look back, but you can never change the past.