Cannabis.com

Thread: I broke the main branch!

YxXXxY is offline Registered+

I broke the main branch!

I just broke the main branch about 3 nodes from the top. I didn't break it completely off but pretty badly and I think it may eventually fall off. Can it repair itself? Is there anything I can do?

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

I used about an inch of a straw. I found it here: Marijuana Growing - How to repair broken branches or stems

Cut it up the side and wrapped it around then used a little bit of masking tape to tape it onto the branch.

Btw, I had the main branch tied over sideways. It broke right where the string was and the string was digging down into it. I think I tied the string on too tight and as the branch thickened the string cut into it weakening it.

Greenthing is offline Registered+
    You should still be able to make a splint for it, and next time dont tie the string to tight.
    Stinkyattic's troubleshooting form.
    Click here

There can be only one. it's the Wife.
    Profit is Vanity, Quality is Sanity

SunnySativa is offline Registered+
    Yea a picture would help to estimate the damage, but as long as most of it is still intacted it should be able to repair itself [prob set back your grow a little bit] but as far as it sounds you should find out if it will repair itself or die with a day or 2.......
    You know that weed can really ease your mind
    Everytime I smoke a reefer that indo high makes me fly
    If everybody smoked a blunt, relieve the mind, the world could be a better
    place
    If everybody took a break and we all just got wasted

grey1223 is offline Registered+
    Nothing to worry about. You wouldn't believe the accidents I've had. I've yet to see it turn into a problem and lose a plant. Think about the weeds in the yard, you can do almost anything to them and they come back. I do not tie branches, I just bend them where they need to go. This usually results in a broken stem which heals up fast and keeps on going. Also, I don't believe this retards your grow. My biggest yielders are those that have to be bent.

Quote Originally Posted by grey1223 View Post
    Nothing to worry about. You wouldn't believe the accidents I've had. I've yet to see it turn into a problem and lose a plant. Think about the weeds in the yard, you can do almost anything to them and they come back. I do not tie branches, I just bend them where they need to go. This usually results in a broken stem which heals up fast and keeps on going. Also, I don't believe this retards your grow. My biggest yielders are those that have to be bent.
    I've read somewhere that some people actually just break it off completely and it grows several shoots in its place. I guess it's similar to topping. I'll check it in a couple of days to see what it looks like. If it doesn't look any better I might just do some research and think about cutting it off.

Hi. The plant is really stretching and it's going to outgrow my space if I don't start bending more and tying down the new growth soon. I'm going to need to bend the main branch above where the break occurred. I wonder if it will heal enough for me to be able to bend it pretty much in the next few days. If not maybe I should just break it off?

OLDJIMMYBONES is offline Registered+
    i did the same thing a wile ago and i used wet tp and wraped it in it and it dryed and made a kinda cast

I used a drinking straw to make sort of a splint. It's been almost 48 hours and I haven't opened it up to check it yet. But I'm going to need to bend it right where the break occurred and soon at the rate the stretch is giong. I'm on day 11 in 12/12 and growth is really booming right now.