Cannabis.com

Thread: light green spots. Pics!

JaySin is offline Registered+

light green spots. Pics!

Ok, two of my plants have been starting to show some light green spotting and the leaves with the spots have curled into a taco like shape. PH is right around 6.8 and nutes are at 770. I'm going to mix up a new batch of nutes today because I had a water spill with the draining and I'm now low on water in my res. That and I need to add two more buckets to my system.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails light green spots. Pics!-110908_0006-00-.jpg   light green spots. Pics!-110908_0006-01-.jpg  
    Any law against what I do on this forum would be impeding on my right to freedom and the pursuit of happiness. So unfortunately, I'm forced to play the role of a cannabis grower instead of actually participate in the hobby. (All pictures are pulled from the internet and knowledge is only portrayed as personal experience without ever having any actual experience)

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Buy Feminised Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

This is getting worse and I can not find any pics similar to what is going on with my plants. I figured I would have at least had a few responses by now...
    Any law against what I do on this forum would be impeding on my right to freedom and the pursuit of happiness. So unfortunately, I'm forced to play the role of a cannabis grower instead of actually participate in the hobby. (All pictures are pulled from the internet and knowledge is only portrayed as personal experience without ever having any actual experience)

veggii is offline Registered+
    what kind of plant are those ? are they even cannabis ? better pics plzfill out stinkyattics trouble shooting form asap
    California State Law prop 215 Compassionate Use Act of 1996

Federal Law for the Masses

California Co-Ops

California Delivery Services

http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/6630507/fulltext.html

Controlled_Substances_Act
    Quote Originally Posted by BillofRights;
    Amendment X
    The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.

Ok, I got a few more pics. I'll also describe my grow a little more...

It is hydro and I'm using AN sensi-grow at around 800 ppm. Water started out at about 50 ppm and is city water adjusted to around 6.5 to 6.8 PH before being added to the res.

On to the pics...

First pic is of my healthiest plant. Second pic is of one of it's lower leaves that is experiencing the same problem as some of the main leaves of the plant in pic three. Then some additional pics in hopes that it will help me, help you, help my babies.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails light green spots. Pics!-110908_2354-00-.jpg   light green spots. Pics!-110908_2354-01-.jpg   light green spots. Pics!-110908_2353-00-.jpg  

light green spots. Pics!-110908_2353-01-.jpg   light green spots. Pics!-110908_2356-01-.jpg  

tomcromp is offline Registered+
    Im sure 6.8 is ment to be runoff for soil not hydro. hydro is ment by be at around 6.
    Ah ha found it "You want around 6.0-6.5 for a soilless mix, or 6.3-6.8 for soil."
    But that looks similar to what i had when i over neuted them only last week, flushed them through and there on their way getting better now

stinkyattic is offline CultiModerVatorAtor
    Hydroponics, set your pH to 5.8-6.0.
    Is water splashing on those low leaves when the plants are being fed?

alright, I will be lowering the PH. I thought I had read that 6.5 to 6.8 was a good area to be in.

Now that you mention it, I do remember that at one point there was some water that got onto the leaves while I was messing around in there. I guess I didn't think it would harm them though. With the system running uninterrupted by me, there is no splashing going on though.

Even though the leaves only got wet one time, would they continue to get worse like they have been?
    Last edited by JaySin; Nov-10-2008 at 14:19.

Nope, if water splashing is going to damage leaves it take a lot longer to leach out nutrients than just once.

Well then that shouldn't be the problem. I guess I will just change the PH once the lights come on tonight and hope for the best...

The PH is at 6.5

The problem appears to be getting worse still and has spread to other leaves on the plant. I really hope I can save it. It is one of my better plants that is growing right now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails light green spots. Pics!-111108_1846-00-.jpg   light green spots. Pics!-111108_1846-01-.jpg   light green spots. Pics!-111108_1846-02-.jpg  

I'm looking back and I see 2 more potential issues:
    1) you say you adjust the water before adding it to the res. Do you adjust the res solution after? You may need to. pH adjustment shoudl be the LAST thing you do before walking away from a freshly filled res.
    2) Your city water is relatively soft. You should run calmag up to 250ppm before adding any nutes to the res, then add your nutes after, then adjust pH.

I check PH several times daily and it always seems to stay stable, even after res fills.

So do I want to add the cal-mag up to 250ppm then add my nutes up to 800ppm? 800 is what I'm giving them right now, and it seems to be keeping my best plant very green and healthy looking. Although, it may be too high for my smaller plants. Oh well, I'm still learning. This is my second grow, first one was in soil.

For pics of my other plants, here is my grow log. Bio-bucket bagseed grow