Thread: Leaf Tip Burn

durb1313 is offline Registered

Exclamation Leaf Tip Burn

So Here we go again. This seems to happen every time in my bloom cycle. The tips on the leaves start to burn and it gets progressively worse. I am worried that I have too much lime in my water and it is gradually raising the ph. I filled out the trouble shooting form below and also included some pics and the water report info from my municipal company. I did just deal with thrip, but it is now under controll with neem oil and nematodes. Any advice other that buying an R/O filter(that I can not afford right now) would be great.
    Please help..thanks

- Indoor
    - soilless in 5 gallon pots
    - Roots Organic formula 707
    - I have added nutrients and nematodes to the soil.
    SCLR-Soil or slab runoff pH - Not sure and I want to get some advice before I water again to find out

Water Source.. Municipal water 2008 water report is below.
    Total Dissolved Solids 150 – 230 ppm
    Sulfate 47 ppm
    pH 7.8 – 8.3
    Conductivity 264- 394 µmhos/cm
    Alkalinity (as CaCO3) 47 – 64 ppm
    Total Hardness (as CaCO3) 100 ppm = approximately 6 grains per gallon
    Sodium 16 – 31 ppm
    Ammonia 0.04 – 0.46 ppm
    Chloride 22 – 45 ppm

E-Source water pH - 8+
    E-Age of plant - cloned Jan 13 2009
    E-Type of fertilizer - Humbolt Nutrients Organic, Grow 3-1-3, Bloom 0-10-0, and Duece Duece 0-0-22
    E-Rate of application (if hydro, this is your PPM number, preferably after each component is added) -
    5 gallon bucket:
    Grow- 31ml - 683 ppm
    Bloom- 31ml - 860 ppm
    Duece Duece - 6ml - 1072ppm ph 6.8
    ph adjusted to 5.8
    Just tested the soil and it registered 7-7.5 I used on of the testers that comes with the color coded capsules..not sure how accurate this is.

E-Lighting source and distance from plant - 1000w HPS 24" from plants on a light rail
    E-Air temperature (both day and night if you are running a dark period) 65 night 75 day
    E-Air % Relative humidity - 45%
    E-Lighting schedule 12/12
    E-Type of ventilation your room has - 4" 170 cfm intake 30 min on 15 off (it get a little cold on all the time)...6" 600 cfm out always on through 3' coco filter

Thanks for your help and let me know if you need ay more info.
    Durb
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Leaf Tip Burn-cimg4744.jpg   Leaf Tip Burn-cimg4745.jpg   Leaf Tip Burn-cimg4746.jpg  

Weedhound is offline Registered+
    Your social security number and bank account # would be great!! What exactly is the ph runoff. I would not adjust soil nutes to the fives.....no less thsat 6.3 actually going in. Both the solution you water with AND your ph runoff should be between 6.2-6.8.

edit: you already told me runoff....7-7.5. This is too high. You need to either flush to restore proper soil ph or transplant CAREFULLY to fresh soil that should already be buffered to the correct ph.

When you say gets worse, how much worse? Does it affect the bud leaves?
    Last edited by Weedhound; Mar-12-2009 at 19:38.
    Haze(y) Grow Log:
    http://boards.cannabis.com/grow-log/...-grow-log.html

"Your deeds show your character."-StinkyAttic

Weedhound is offline Registered+
    Last edited by Weedhound; Mar-12-2009 at 19:41.
    Haze(y) Grow Log:
    http://boards.cannabis.com/grow-log/...-grow-log.html

"Your deeds show your character."-StinkyAttic

Divestoned is offline Registered+
    Yep you need too flush your soil with PH balanced water at 6.8. then make sure the feed water is at 6.8 when you feed.
    The leave's are actually saying you are over-fert. dont run your PPM over 14-1600.Often in soil you can get away with much less nute's,do to the nute's in the soil.

Dive
    it is better to remain silent...and be thought a fool...than to speak up...and remove all doubt!

Dive's pre-bust dirt grow
    Dive's Live Nude Girl's

dejayou30 is offline Registered+
    I grow in hydro not soil but I know that your pH is too high at 7.8-8.3. That is probably the issue
    The above post is fictional and should in no way be taken as truth.

If I were to grow cannabis, I would only do so to supply myself and my close friends. Doing this would take myself and my friends out of harms way by knowing the source of our cannabis, as well as take hundreds of thousands of dollars off the black market annually. It would also lower the demand of black market cannabis, and would ultimately help keep cannabis out of the hands of minors.

durb1313 is offline Registered
    Hey you said the more info the better the answers, so I figured put everything in there and see what happens. Thanks for the advice on the ph and flushing for nutes....as you can tell I am trying monitor everything like I did with hydro, but I switched to soiless a while back and have not dialed it in yet. I am so glad I found this site.

I just flushed the two biggest ones, and got some interesting results.
    - The water I used to flush was ph 6.6 and ppm 193
    - the water that came out was ph 6.3 and ppm 1052
    So from what I have gathered my soilless medium is ~6.1 (too low) and I have way too many nutes in the soil, so I am running a few gallons of 6.6 water with no nutes through each one right now.

Anyone know what an ideal runoff ppm is for a soilless mix?

Tanks,
    Durb

VampireHigh is offline Registered
    Ph balanced water pot flush will cleanse your soil. Tips of your plant indicate over ferilization. Possibly reflush and add a few whole mushrroms to the soil... Remember to dice them. I use them all the time to help balance my ph and stablilize my soil.