Thread: problem, buds stopped growing. help.

alex6r is offline Registered

problem, buds stopped growing. help.

i am at the begining of week 6 from starting 12/12 and everything was looking great untill about 2 weeks ago the buds seem to have stopped bulking up, and some stunted leaves are growing out from the tops of some. from some of the research i have done it seems i may have nute locked my girls. i am using botanicare bloom, calmag and karma, and my ppms have been around 1300-1500. in the last while i have found it quite hard to balance my pH levels it seems to dive to 4.5. just today i have done a flush with clearex. have i completly screwed it up or can anyone give me any tips as to what might be my problem and any solutions would be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails problem, buds stopped growing. help.-dsc09268.jpg   problem, buds stopped growing. help.-dsc09269.jpg   problem, buds stopped growing. help.-dsc09272.jpg  

problem, buds stopped growing. help.-dsc09274.jpg   problem, buds stopped growing. help.-dsc09275.jpg  

dejayou30 is offline Registered+
    You are probably feeding them too hard. If there's too much nutrients in the water, they can't take up any. I'd back off to like 700 PPM for a little while and see what happens. But they definitely don't look right, thats for sure. Hopefully someone will be a little more help than I was, but I would lower the PPM. As a rule, I never go over 1,200, and rarely over 1,100. I run mine around 900-1000.
    The above post is fictional and should in no way be taken as truth.

If I were to grow cannabis, I would only do so to supply myself and my close friends. Doing this would take myself and my friends out of harms way by knowing the source of our cannabis, as well as take hundreds of thousands of dollars off the black market annually. It would also lower the demand of black market cannabis, and would ultimately help keep cannabis out of the hands of minors.

crabbyback is offline Registered+

Need info

A Troubleshooting form! Yay! You know you wanted one!

Fill out the form and repost. Someone will jump in to help.
    cb
    If you don't run, you rust. - Tom Petty
    “From each according to his ability, to each according to his need”, a scheme to enslave the able to the unable. - Ayn Rand

E-indoor or outdoor
    E-soil, soilless, coco, aero, or hydroponic
    E-specific medium -hydroton
    CSL-NA
    HCL-Hydro/aero/soilless system type-drip
    SCL-Anything you have added to the soilNA
    SCLR-Soil or slab runoff pHNA
    E-Water source-tap
    E-Source water pH6.5-6.9
    HRT-Source water EC (if hydro)?
    E-Age of plant 3.5 months
    E-Type of fertilizer botanicare bloom, calmag, karma, Co2
    E-Rate of application (if hydro, this is your PPM number, preferably after each component is added)1200-1500ppm
    E-Lighting source and distance from plant HPS 400W, close
    E-Air temperature (both day and night if you are running a dark period) ?
    HD-Reservoir temperature 75
    E-Air % Relative humidity?
    E-Lighting schedule12/12
    E-Type of ventilation your room has fans
    TR-Did you pre-soak your media in pH corrected solution? NA

Your res temp is pretty warm. How do your roots look? 75 is the beginning of the danger zone for res temps, so if you aren't providing tons of air, the roots will rot and that will stifle your bud production for sure. Been there many times myself .

Also, if your res temp is 75, your air temp is probably pretty high as well, which can cause slowed growth. I would get a thermometer/hygrometer combo, they are around $30.

Other than that your PPM is pretty high as I already said, I'd lower to around 800 for a week and see if they bounce back.

Good luck!

If I were to grow cannabis, I would only do so to supply myself and my close friends. Doing this would take myself and my friends out of harms way by knowing the source of our cannabis, as well as take hundreds of thousands of dollars off the black market annually. It would also lower the demand of black market cannabis, and would ultimately help keep cannabis out of the hands of minors.

hey thanks for the tips. so i did a clearex flush last night and put new nutes in and balanced to 800ppm. here ia a cople pics of my roots, what would you recommend for getting the res temp down?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails problem, buds stopped growing. help.-dsc09277.jpg   problem, buds stopped growing. help.-dsc09278.jpg  

phatsesh101 is offline Registered+
    whats your ph of the res

Yep those babies are rotting. As for lowering the temps I'm not so sure, I'm currently facing temps of 78-82. I moved a portable AC unit into my room but I'm having trouble expelling the hot air generated from the AC. CoolWorks makes a thing called the IceProbe for smaller sized reservoirs that will cool your res down to 65, but its like $130. Other than that I'm at a loss.

crabbyback is offline Registered+
    Looks like DJ may have nailed the problem!

Like phatsesh101 mentioned, I would also add that you need to watch your pH a bit closer, particularly for a hydro grow.

luck,
    cb
    If you don't run, you rust. - Tom Petty
    “From each according to his ability, to each according to his need”, a scheme to enslave the able to the unable. - Ayn Rand

In my High Res temp thread in the hydro section, someone suggested filling a 2 liter bottle with water, freezing it, and putting it in the res. I've done this before and while it does lower the temp, it only lowers it for like an hour or however long it takes the nice to melt. I suppose if you can't get and Ice Probe, you could freeze like two or three 2 liter bottles of frozen water and swap them out as they thaw. It would be pretty tedius but it might be your only option. The AC lowered my res temp to 75 so I will be able to ride that out for the last two weeks of my grow since the roots aren't rotting or anything.

ok thanks dejay you have shed alot of light onto this for me, i will try that pop bottle trick and get back to you. i will also try my ac unit but i think i will run into venting trouble too. do you think putting more fans in the room would help bring down temp at all?

Italiano715 is offline Registered+
    If you don't have cool/fresh air coming in somehow you will just be circulating hot air around the grow room with all those fans. I mean they will help a bit, but if it's running hot, then you need some type of ac venting or way of cooling it.
    "Make the most of the Indian Hemp Seed and sow it every where."
    - George Washington

"A dope fiend refers to the reefer butt as a roach, because, it resembles a cockroach." L. Ron Bumquist: Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

yea makes sense, but if it could bring temp down even by 5 degrees i think it would make a difference. maybe i will do the combination of pop bottle and fans.

Italiano715 is offline Registered+
    no doubt 5 degrees is a big difference, especially if it's only running hot by a few degrees. Hope it works out for ya!
    "Make the most of the Indian Hemp Seed and sow it every where."
    - George Washington

"A dope fiend refers to the reefer butt as a roach, because, it resembles a cockroach." L. Ron Bumquist: Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

beensoup is offline Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by alex6r View Post
    hey thanks for the tips. so i did a clearex flush last night and put new nutes in and balanced to 800ppm. here ia a cople pics of my roots, what would you recommend for getting the res temp down?
    i got a little fridge and runn 50" of hose thru it. Gives me a few degrees drop I use h202 a few times a week. White roots for me.

thanks for the tips, i have been doing frozen pop bottles but it will deffinatly only be a temp fix as they melt quite quickly, but will have to do until i can afford an iceprobe or something like that