Cannabis.com

Thread: clones turning yellow

budfiend420 is offline Registered

clones turning yellow

i just took some clones off my hindu kush plants using 'roots" liquid gel. the plants are being grown in hydroton using a drip system. i am rooting the clones in rockwool. two days ago the tips of the leaves began to turn yellow. now the outer edges of te leaves are yellowing, and the tips are brown. what is going on????

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

GaGrown is offline Registered+
    What type of light are you using? Do you use a humidity dome? I would have to say that the plant is depleting what has been stored and your not feeding them like with a 10-60-10 half strength and a drop of superthrive per gallon. Use it in a spray bottle...

Ga Grown!
    Give a man a fish,you feed him for a day! Teach a man to fish you feed him for life!

Ga Grown

A wise Man Once said; "Reminds me of an old saying I just made up..."A good gardener learns how to treat their garden. A great gardener learns how to treat their garden when shit happens."

Rusty Trichome!

http://boards.cannabis.com/redirect-...g%2Findex.html

budfiend420 is offline Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by GaGrown View Post
    What type of light are you using? Do you use a humidity dome? I would have to say that the plant is depleting what has been stored and your not feeding them like with a 10-60-10 half strength and a drop of superthrive per gallon. Use it in a spray bottle...

Ga Grown!
    i dont have fluorescents so i have them in a humidity dome on the outer edge of my garden which is using a 400w hps. im kinda broke so i cant afford any superthrive but i use botanicare pure blend pro grow for the mothers. should i use somw food for the babies now. im worried about burning them because i just cut them about a week or so ago.

headshake is offline Registered+
    you can get a CFL or two to use for your clones. they don't need much light and it doesn't need to be as close as it does for a vegging/flowering plant. probably just needs to be within 8-12". (the plant is not so much worried about photosynthesizing as it is root production.)

if it's just the tips of your clones than this is normal. your plant is using up nutes in leaves as their are not roots.

soil or hydro?

if you have a therm/hyg. then put it inside your dome. get a temp and humidity
    reading.

-shake
    "happy trees"

troubleshooting form

"some of my sweets be tight and some of my sweets be fucked up, but all of my sweets gon' blow so killa smoke gets sucked up..." -Bun B

"But, when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security."
    -Deceleration of Independence

SauceeMcGee is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by headshake View Post
    you can get a CFL or two to use for your clones. they don't need much light and it doesn't need to be as close as it does for a vegging/flowering plant. probably just needs to be within 8-12". (the plant is not so much worried about photosynthesizing as it is root production.)

if it's just the tips of your clones than this is normal. your plant is using up nutes in leaves as their are not roots.

soil or hydro?

if you have a therm/hyg. then put it inside your dome. get a temp and humidity
    reading.

-shake
    Good advice, another problem may be how big your cuttings are and how much foliage you left on them. What a lot of people do when they take cuttings is they trim all of the big fan leaves in half by rolling up the leaves and snipping off the outer half of the fingers. Some pics and a troubleshooting form would be useful

SMG
    New to growing? Need help? Want to learn some cool shit?

Check out SMG's Video Noob Guide To Growing Techniques

Want to be in the know? Curious about what's going on in the Cannabis Community? Hear any gossip?

Check out and help build SMG's Continuous Compilation of Cannabis Current Event Links

headshake is offline Registered+
    so you promote the cutting of the fan leaves? i wasn't gonna say anything. this is to help transpiration, so the roots don't have support as much leaf, no?

-shake
    "happy trees"

troubleshooting form

"some of my sweets be tight and some of my sweets be fucked up, but all of my sweets gon' blow so killa smoke gets sucked up..." -Bun B

"But, when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security."
    -Deceleration of Independence

SauceeMcGee is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by headshake View Post
    so you promote the cutting of the fan leaves? i wasn't gonna say anything. this is to help transpiration, so the roots don't have support as much leaf, no?

-shake
    If anything, the snipping of foliage on cuttings is to reduce the amount of transpiration so the clones don't dry out before they grow new roots to absorb more water. Even with snipped fan leaves, there is still plenty of surface area to photosynthesize the proper amount of energy to form roots.

Here is a quote from a very good article about taking cuttings:

"
    Decreasing Water Loss

Start with cuttings that contain as much water as possible. Water the plant well the day before and take the cutting before the heat of the day reduces water content.
    Once the cutting is harvested, excessive water loss must be prevented. To minimize water loss:
    1. Process the cutting immediately. If this is not possible, stand the cut end in water or place the cutting in a plastic bag with a damp paper towel and store out of direct sun. If the plant is frost-tolerant, store the bagged cutting in the refrigerator.
    2. For a stem cutting, remove some of the leaves. Most of the water will be lost through the leaves, so by decreasing the leaf surface you also decrease the amount of water loss. A general rule of thumb is to remove 1/2 to 2/3 of the leaves. Cut remaining leaves in half if they are large.
    3. Once the cutting has been prepared and placed in the rooting mix, enclose the pot in a plastic bag. Insert straws or wooden sticks around the edge of the pot to hold the bag away from the cutting. Place the pot in a bright area, but out of direct sunlight, so the leaves will receive the light they need but the plant will not get overly hot. The plastic bag insures that humidity around the leaves remains high, which slows the rate of water loss.
    "

Here is the link to the full article (very extensive): HO-37: New Plants from Cuttings

That's my perspective,

SMG
    New to growing? Need help? Want to learn some cool shit?

Check out SMG's Video Noob Guide To Growing Techniques

Want to be in the know? Curious about what's going on in the Cannabis Community? Hear any gossip?

Check out and help build SMG's Continuous Compilation of Cannabis Current Event Links