Things were going so well.....sigh.
Hello, newbie here. I'm looking for some input on my 'lil grow project. A friend showed me some pictures of a ScROG setup and I thought I'd give it a go.
Started out with some bag-seed. Germination, and (for the most part) veg growth went ok. About a week before my planned switch from veg to flower, the newer leaves and growing tips took on a pale appearance. The problem came on rather suddenly. The oldest fan leaves yellowed, and some developed areas of necrosis as they shriveled up and dropped. The problem seems to be steadily consuming the plants. I wonder if I can save these somehow, or if it's back to square-one.
Any ideas? I know I've done a lot of things wrong, so I have no idea where to start making things right.
Below is the troubleshooting form. I've also posted a couple pics. I hope somebody can steer me in the right direction.
What is your experience level? (first timer, novice, experienced...)
.1) Type and wattage of lights. (MH, HPS, CFL's, tube fluorescents, LED's)
** HPS @ 400 watts, Eye Hortilux bulb. (Veg growth was under a 400 watt MH)
.2) Distance from tops?
** Approx. 12-15".
.3) Reflector type? (cool tube set-up, bat wing, enclosed reflector, bare bulb...)
** Enclosed reflector w/ 6" exhaust venting.
.4) Is there a consistent fresh air supply?
.5) Do you have an exhaust fan and a circulation fan?
** Yes. An oscillating fan blowing across the top and another moving the air around below the canopy (ScROG).
.6) What are the bulb wattages, kelvin ratings, and schedule?
** 400 watt Eye Hortilux HPS. (#LU400S/HTL/EN) Just started 12/12 3-4 days ago. (veg was 400 watt MH at 18/6 for 5 weeks)
.7) Specific brand and type of soil, (coco, peat based soilless...) and anything you've added to it. (vermiculite, perlite, worm castings...)
** 70% "Miracle Grow" potting soil,10% sand,10% worm castings and 10% Perlite.
.8) Size of container.
** 3 gallon. *there are two plants in the 3 gallon pot.
.9) Did you use peat pucks (or similar) to root clones or germinate seedlings?
** Yes, germinated seedlings with peat pucks.
Your nutrients and water:
10) Source of water? (tap, bottled or filtered) What's it's ph before adjusting?
** Tap water. I wasn't testing previously, Ph measures 7.2-7.4 from tap.
11) Method of checking water ph. (ph pen, test strips, aquarium test kit...)
** Aquarium test kit.
12) Method of adjusting water ph. (phosphoric acid, white vinegar, hydrated lime, PH Up...)
** White vinegar
13) Specific brand and N-P-K ratio for each bottle. List dosages (quantity per gallon) and current feeding schedule.
** Miracle Grow houseplant food was used for the period when the lights were at 18/6, mixed it at the recommended strength for houseplants indoors,
N-P-K = 8-7-6.(mix is about 40 drops per gallon). When switching the lamp and photo-period I swithed to "Jack's Classic" Blossom Booster made by
J.R.Peters, Inc, N-P-K = 10-30-20. I have only made one application at 1/4 teaspoon per gallon.
14) How often are you watering between feedings, and how much per watering?
** Watering every day, feeding every other day. I'm Using about a half gallon at each watering. I had previosly been going with a quart at each
watering, but the plants wilted on me once, I fear I may be overwatering.
15) Any additives or tea's? (Superthrive, CalMag, molasses, Mother's Earth...)
16) Are your ph levels stable, or do they fluctuate?
** For the few days that I have checked, it has been stable at between 7.2-7.4.
17) What is your ingoing water's ph? ...your runoff ph?
** Ph going in is between 7.2-7.4, I have not checked runoff at all.
18) Do you foliar feed? If so, with what, how often, and at what time do you spray?
** I bought some organic "Neptunes Harvest fish & seaweed fertilizer" with the intention of foliar feeding, but have not used it yet. It is N-P-K = 2-3-1.
I picked this up when my "yellowing" problem started. I figured I better check in with some more experienced people before I throw another variable in the mix.
19) Indoors or outdoors?
20) What size of closet, room or hut?
** It is a DR80 grow tent, 30" square footprint X 63" tall.
21) What are the temps and humidity levels while lights are on? ...With lights off?
** Over a 24 hr period, temps range from a low of 70 to a high of 81 degrees F. Humidity ranges from 30% to 60%.
22) Have you seen signs of insects in the growroom?
** Fungus gnats were evident in the seedling stage, I've seen no evidence of any insects since.
23) What strain are you growing? (Indica dominate or Sativa dom?)
** Purely guessing, it appears more indica-like.
24) From seeds or clones?
** Seeds (of unknown lineage)
25) Is this an autoflower strain?