Thread: Aeroponics White Foam in Reservior

JoeCamel is offline Registered

Smile Aeroponics White Foam in Reservior

Iím a newbie to hydroponics. Iíve got 6 plants growing in a home made Aerospring (31 gal Rubbermaid rough tote). They are 7 weeks old and have been in the flowering cycle now for 5 days. Iím feeding Dyna-Gro Bloom, along with Advance Nutrients Bud Candy and Bud Igniter. Iím draining and refilling the reservoir with 15 gal of tap water nutrients & supplements every 5 days. Room temp and water temp is 68 deg. PPM 854 & ph 5.8. Today was the first time Iíve drained and refilled the reservoir since starting the flower cycle and feeding these supplements. I noticed while draining the reservior a white foam building up along the sides of the reservoir and around the roots. I tried to rinse away as much of it as I could before refilling. I was feeding Dyna-Gro Grow during the veg cycle and didnít see any of this foam. So far it doesnít seem to have had any ill effect on the plants so Iím wondering if this is something normal the bud candy and bud igniter supplements are doing. Has anyone else had any experience with these supplements and this white foam?

Charbud is offline Registered+
    Possibly a reaction between the plastic inside the container and the nutes ?
    Charbud

JoeCamel is offline Registered

Thumbs up Aeroponics White Foam in Reservior

I sent an inquire to Advance Nutrients and their response was that Bud Candy could be responsible for the foam.
    Thanks for your response.

Joe Camel