Cannabis.com

Thread: pistils turining orange at 5 weeks??

Slappy95633 is offline Registered+

pistils turining orange at 5 weeks??

ok so i am like a day before the 5th week of budding will be over and my plants pistils are turning orange mainly the white widow which is turning way orange and then the others you can barley tell here and there there are like one or two that are turning i am using a 400watt MH and the smallest plant which is a seed has the biggest buds which is like 2 1/2 3 feet tall and the other two which are clones a ak47 and white widow which are like 5 1/2 feet tall humidity has been kind of low could that be causing the problem

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Buy Feminised Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

Faddenator is offline Registered+
    Don't worry man, they are supposed to turn orange... it means the plant is ripening. You probably thought they turn orange AFTER harvest, but this is not the case. about 90% of pistils will be orange at harvest.

Also, humidity SHOULD be low during flowering. it prevents bud rot. don't be surprised if you leaves start looking unhealthy in a few weeks either... its perfectly normal for them to wilt right before harvest.

If at all possible, try and switch your MH to an HPS. HPS is better for flowering, MH is better for vegging.

Good luck
    When in doubt, fill it out. :CanCom Troubleshooting Form

Any/all posts made by the person(s) under this username are 100% fictional and are for the purpose of online role play. Any/all images/videos associated with this username are compiled from various locations on the internet and are in no way connected to person(s) under this username. Therefore, any form of media associated with this username should be regarded as solely fictional and for entertainment purposes only.

Quote Originally Posted by Faddenator View Post
    Don't worry man, they are supposed to turn orange... it means the plant is ripening. You probably thought they turn orange AFTER harvest, but this is not the case. about 90% of pistils will be orange at harvest.

Also, humidity SHOULD be low during flowering. it prevents bud rot. don't be surprised if you leaves start looking unhealthy in a few weeks either... its perfectly normal for them to wilt right before harvest.

If at all possible, try and switch your MH to an HPS. HPS is better for flowering, MH is better for vegging.

Good luck
    well see my question i guess is are the buds going to get a lot bigger or are they going to just start crystallizing up because the buds on the bigger plants i wouldn't even really classify as buds yet

The buds will definitely get bigger, ESPECIALLY if you switch to HPS. Metal Halides aren't really conducive to bud production, but that doesn't mean they wont bud.

anyway, the plant will continue to create buds right up until harvest. if you're at week 5, i'd say they'll get about 25% bigger before harvest, depending on strain. some strains flower for up to 12 weeks, so if thats the case, they will likely get bigger than that. Thats just an estimated guess though.

good luck with the rest of your grow.

Any/all posts made by the person(s) under this username are 100% fictional and are for the purpose of online role play. Any/all images/videos associated with this username are compiled from various locations on the internet and are in no way connected to person(s) under this username. Therefore, any form of media associated with this username should be regarded as solely fictional and for entertainment purposes only.

Quote Originally Posted by Faddenator View Post
    The buds will definitely get bigger, ESPECIALLY if you switch to HPS. Metal Halides aren't really conducive to bud production, but that doesn't mean they wont bud.

anyway, the plant will continue to create buds right up until harvest. if you're at week 5, i'd say they'll get about 25% bigger before harvest, depending on strain. some strains flower for up to 12 weeks, so if thats the case, they will likely get bigger than that. Thats just an estimated guess though.

good luck with the rest of your grow.
    thanks for the great info this is my first successful grow and i have only had my script sens September so i am working on getting a 1000wHPS for flowering and using the MH for vegging but i think i will harvest this and then just grow some plants inside and put them out at the begging of out door season so i get some monsters by the time there done.

Sounds like a good plan haha.

Do some intense reading before you start outdoors... It's a whole new ball game out there.

Happy smoking.

Pistils are tubes that capture and transport the pollen to the calyx. Rough handling (wind bashing it against a neighboring branch or leaf, a gardener squeezing a bud...) can kill a pistil as can heat, cold, old age or being pollinated.

Completely normal as long as she's still pumping-out fresh calyx's and pistils.