Cannabis.com

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Rusty Trichome
  • 1 Post By Rusty Trichome

Thread: 1 week seedlings, leaves pointing straight up...Hmmmmm

Rickybudz is offline Registered+

1 week seedlings, leaves pointing straight up...Hmmmmm

These are Blueberry seedlings! This is my second grow! I have the seedlings in MG soil. NOT using nutes yet! Light source is a Single 26 watt CFL 6500K PER seedling about an inch above! They look very happy, but why are the leaves pointing up? Hmmmm I have read two conflicting reasons! 1. They are reaching for light! 2. They are trying to restrict how much light, due to too much light! Now it has to be one or the other. Or is it just happy seedlings doing what they do? Plz reply, because this has me baffled! Thanks guys!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1 week seedlings, leaves pointing straight up...Hmmmmm-img_0281.jpg   1 week seedlings, leaves pointing straight up...Hmmmmm-img_0282.jpg   1 week seedlings, leaves pointing straight up...Hmmmmm-img_0283.jpg  

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

It's the heat. With CFL's, as long as you aren't burning leaf tissue, it should acclimate just fine. Looks like slight overwatering, too. (the 'quilted' or 'puffy' look)

If that's MG soil, what's with the rabbit turds on top of the medium?
    Seriously...what's that stuff in the pot?

When using MG soil, you won't need to feed for a month, minimum. trying to do so can be fatal. (for the plant)

You're going to need to provide more lighting soon, and then the heat will have to be dealt with using circulation fan(s).

(Quote)If that's MG soil, what's with the rabbit turds on top of the medium?
    Seriously...what's that stuff in the pot?(Unquote)

LOL No turds bro! The soil had got left in back porch and had received some moisture, then dried! Thus leading to clumps! I did not break it down to a fine granule mix again to help rooting! Just enough to support plant from toppling! With time from watering it should break down just fine! LOL turds!

(Quote)When using MG soil, you won't need to feed for a month, minimum. trying to do so can be fatal. (for the plant)(Unquote)

Much agreed, I learned this in a previous grow(FAILED ATTEMPT). I plan on using a 1/4 the strength mix! I will wait to feed until 4 weeks! I have on hand two choices. 20-20-20 or 24-8-16 for veg. What would be more suitable? In your opinion guys?

(Quote)You're going to need to provide more lighting soon, and then the heat will have to be dealt with using circulation fan(s).

Lights...I have many. I only have so many socket tho! 12 to be exact for now. The other 10 are being used to finish my Flowering plant. I have a set for bulbs for flower(12, 26 watt CFL's 2600k), and a set for veg(12 26 watt 6500K)! So lighting shouldn't be an issue for a little while!
    Now for ventilation! I have 3 fans blowing indirect air throughout grow areas, with a temp of about 75 at all times!

Now this brings me back to my original question that didn't really get touched on! Anyone?

I'm not questioning if I can grow or not! I just wanted to know why the leaves are pointing upwards! This is my other girl hogging all the lights right now! She has about 2-3 weeks left, I would say!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1 week seedlings, leaves pointing straight up...Hmmmmm-img_0269.jpg   1 week seedlings, leaves pointing straight up...Hmmmmm-rsz_img_0262.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Rickybudz View Post
    Now this brings me back to my original question that didn't really get touched on! Anyone?
    Sorry if my answer don't meet your approval, but to say the question wasn't answered is flat-out bullshit. Matter of fact, it was answered by an experienced member that is very familiar with heat issues.

In case you missed it:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Trichome View Post
    It's the heat.

Sorry if my answer don't meet your approval, but to say the question wasn't answered is flat-out bullshit. Matter of fact, it was answered by an experienced member that is very familiar with heat issues.

In case you missed it:

Pipe down , it's not that the answer didn't meet my approval! LOL It's just that your reply is the WRONG answer to my question! Did you not see where I posted the temps! 75 with 3 fans blowing! I DIDNT SAY I HAD AN ISSUE, JUST A QUESTION!!! Not to mention these are CFLs! Heat is NOT the issue! Maybe your issues are heat, but mine aren't. I like how you wrote 'Experienced', then in the same sentence you wrote ' familiar with heat issues.' Cuz a "experienced" grower would not have heat heat issues! Just sayin!!! No need to reply back. I meant no harm, or wasn't interested in a debate over a trivial issue!
    I have watched my father grow for the last 20 years, this just happens to be one of my grows. My father is terminally ill with lung cancer and brain tumors. So asking him these questions are not feasible! Thanks anyhow!

Who the fuck do you think you are? Obviously you have little experience, and for you to tell anyone in this forum to pipe down is folly. If you don't want to learn, there are cannapunk sites online that cater to adolescents and drama queens. Perhaps one of those would be better suited to your maturity level and limited social skills.

But if you wish to believe you can't get heat build-up from CFL's, then good luck to ya. You're wrong, but good luck. You're going to need it.
    B-LO likes this.

bobjob4u is offline Registered+
    Rusty i have to jump in here. Ricky i have seen you on the board for some time now. I am sure you are learning alot. I hope you can keep on suppling your father, with the medicine god gave us. But rusty is right. You can get heat stress fron cfl. Just touch the porcelian(sp) top of the bulb after it has been on awhile .Then multiply it by the number of bulbs you are using.That heat adds up. You sound like you are on the right track. Nice plants by the way.But rusty has always given people the right answer. He is a medical patient himself ( from reading his post i assume). Hey he has got on me alittle about some off my plant issues. But somtimes constructive critcism can lead to better yields in the future.As far as experience that come with failure. But persistence will pay off for you.....

Who the fuck do you think you are? Obviously you have little experience, and for you to tell anyone in this forum to pipe down is folly. If you don't want to learn, there are cannapunk sites online that cater to adolescents and drama queens. Perhaps one of those would be better suited to your maturity level and limited social skills.

But if you wish to believe you can't get heat build-up from CFL's, then good luck to ya. You're wrong, but good luck. You're going to need it.
    OBVIOUSLY I wouldn't have 3 fans on my plants if I thought heat could not be an issue! DAH!!! It just happens to NOT be MY issue! What part of this dont you understand! I am comfortable with my set up. I didnt ask for advise on how to grow! I asked why plants do that! WHY DO LEAVES POINT UPWARDS! OK heat can do this! FINE, but there are other reasons this could happen also! That is the answer I am seeking! I will find the answer, just not from you! Please dont reply to me threads if your going to have a attitude like that! This forum is called Cannabis.com, not Rusty Trichome's forum. I'm sure these people dont like you cussing at other member and belittling them. I know I sure as hell dont! As far as I am concerned, I am done here on this thread! MOVING ON......

Unsubscribed and on ignore. Good luck.
    B-LO likes this.

fatc2k3 is offline Registered
    Unsubscribed and on ignore. Good luck.

well im growing with cfl`s and actually found this info useful , so in all the post had a positive side thx rusty !

jackall is offline Registered+
    Your seedlings look just fine to me. Completely normal in my eyes.

B-LO is offline Registered+
    They look fine to me .