Thread: Vegging for 8 weeks.... help?

Locedd is offline Registered+

Vegging for 8 weeks.... help?

I believe I been in vegging state for about 7-8 weeks now. I had to transfer the plant into a larger 1 gallon with miracle grow soil (moisture control) and I think it stunted growth for a week, its growing more now.

But my question is, my plant is a little over a half a foot long, and i been vegging for almost 8 weeks now, No flowers or balls popped up yet, Should I go 12/12 now? Even though my plant is still so short?

Plant is Bubba kush, I read they are short and bushy with small yields, but 8 weeks? not even a foot long?

It is getting a little bushy now though. Any advice on what to do?

canniwhatsis is offline Registered+
    Need more info.

CanCom 'Copy-n-Paste' Troubleshooting Forms

Copy that link to THIS thread and answer the questions as honestly as possible.

Your too new I think to post pics, but they'd help too. (Hint, you can post pics in a Photo Album in your User Panel.)
    I'm not a botanist but I play one on the internet!

All posts by this user should be considered fictional and are for entertainment use only.

In the '60's, people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.

If any posts made by this user are considered offensive please un-read them

What is your experience level? (first timer, novice, experienced...)

Your Equipment:
    .1) Type and wattage of lights. (MH, HPS, CFL's, tube fluorescents, LED's)
    .2) Distance from tops?
    .3) Reflector type? (cool tube set-up, bat wing, enclosed reflector, bare bulb...)
    .4) Is there a consistent fresh air supply?
    .5) Do you have an exhaust fan and a circulation fan?
    .6) What are the bulb wattages, kelvin ratings, and schedule?

Your medium:
    .7) Specific brand and type of soil, (coco, peat based soilless...) and anything you've added to it. (vermiculite, perlite, worm castings...)
    .8) Size of container.
    .9) Did you use peat pucks (or similar) to root clones or germinate seedlings?

Your nutrients and water:
    10) Source of water? (tap, bottled or filtered) What's it's ph before adjusting?
    11) Method of checking water ph. (ph pen, test strips, aquarium test kit...)
    12) Method of adjusting water ph. (phosphoric acid, white vinegar, hydrated lime, PH Up...)
    13) Specific brand and N-P-K ratio for each bottle. List dosages (quantity per gallon) and current feeding schedule.
    14) How often are you watering between feedings, and how much per watering?
    15) Any additives or tea's? (Superthrive, CalMag, molasses, Mother's Earth...)
    16) Are your ph levels stable, or do they fluctuate?
    17) What is your ingoing water's ph? ...your runoff ph?
    18) Do you foliar feed? If so, with what, how often, and at what time do you spray?

Your growroom:
    19) Indoors or outdoors?
    20) What size of closet, room or hut?
    21) What are the temps and humidity levels while lights are on? ...With lights off?
    22) Have you seen signs of insects in the growroom?

Your strain:
    23) What strain are you growing? (Indica dominate or Sativa dom?)
    24) From seeds or clones?
    25) Is this an autoflower strain?
    4. Yes
    5. no exhaust fan yet, just a hole on top for air to leave from the fan blowing.
    6. 100 watt, 5200 k kelvens , got the timer set up for 18/6
    7.Started in cheap potting soil 3$ bag from walmart , then switched to bigger pot in miracle grow Moisture control soil.
    8.3-5 gallon
    9.no
    10. Water is from faucet, but I let it set for 2-3 days before adding to my plant just in case.
    11.I dont check ph levels, not adding any nutes just plain water.
    13. I read not to use any nuts in miracle grow in a forum here.
    14.I water then whenever they need, put my finger down about 2-3 inches to feel if its dry. every 2-3 days.
    15.no addtives.
    16. soil grow so no ph levels to check
    17. NA
    18. No.
    19. Indoors.
    20. 1 square foot.
    21. About room temperature, 70 degrees, not sure about humidity, not high though cuz I have central Air conditioning keeping it fresh
    22.No sign of insects.
    23. Strain is Bubba Kush
    24. From seed
    25. Not sure what autoflower strain means.

Here are some pictures of my bubba kush I just now took, about 8 weeks old now... Notice the last picture, it has a red and yellow patch on the leaf, Is the miracle grow releasing its own nutes and burning it? Whats with the yellow mark on my baby!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Vegging for 8 weeks.... help?-b1.jpg   Vegging for 8 weeks.... help?-b2.jpg   Vegging for 8 weeks.... help?-b3.jpg  

Vegging for 8 weeks.... help?-b4.jpg   Vegging for 8 weeks.... help?-b6.jpg  
    Last edited by Locedd; Sep-19-2010 at 03:35.

heres an idea how big my setup is
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Vegging for 8 weeks.... help?-a1.jpg  

bigtopsfinn is offline Registered+
    Those look more like 100w equivalent CFL's, or 23w actual I'm guessing? If that's the case, then slow growth is perfectly normal. You won't get much bud with that setup...

Looks a little over-watered and possibly has a Nitrogen deficiency. But I also think that your soil is too heavy and is holding the water in it too well, which might cause the leaves to look light green (or is that just the pics?). For cannabis you want light and airy soil, so adding 25-30% perlite is recommended plus proper drainage.

Even in soil you need to check your ph, 6.3-6.8 is the range.

MG soil has nutes for about 3-4 weeks after each transplant depending on how much light you are giving them. Some strains are also heavier feeders than others.

How often are you watering?
    99% of the growing info you need can be found here: Cdot grow guide and FAQs

Completed grow logs:
    First grow - LST'd Trainwreck -- Two Trainwrecks in SCRog -- Finn'SCRog 2010

About once every 3-4 days....

canniwhatsis is offline Registered+
    Only took 11 day's to respond,... surely there's been some changes? For better or worse, what's happening?
    I'm not a botanist but I play one on the internet!

All posts by this user should be considered fictional and are for entertainment use only.

In the '60's, people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.

If any posts made by this user are considered offensive please un-read them

Sorry for the late repsonse, Yes major changes are happening,

1. Added more cfl lights, 100 watt equiv 5000k spec. total 4 to try to speed up growth, at this point (over 2 months) it's only about a foot long. Cuz i only been using 2 cfl's until today.

So i may just try to get some clones out of it, or Go 12/12 tonight using bubbler system. I already bought the foxfarm nutes. I only got Tiger bloom and Big bloom though because i'm thinking flower time. Although I now wish I got the Grow big one too because I'm reconsidering flowering it and just keeping it in veg to get it bigger and cloning it. What do you think?

2. my plant seems to be dying and not growing... I am setting up a bubbler system (tote) and about to transplant to attempt to save my baby using foxfarm nutes. Will load some pictures within the hour.
    Last edited by Locedd; Oct-01-2010 at 20:48.

By dying, I mean leaves turning Yellow , even on the top leaves some are turning yellow on the tips. And it does not seem as healthy due to the leaves being smaller and thinner than before.

I'm attempting to upload pics but it keeps saying, "upload of file failed" The pics meet the specs of the website. Will keep trying.

Dutch Pimp is online now Registered+
    the file upload failure is affecting every member...I don't know when it will be fixed?

http://boards.cannabis.com/feedback-...ml#post2144857
    Last edited by Dutch Pimp; Oct-02-2010 at 00:38.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Pimp View Post
    the file upload failure is affecting every member...I don't know when it will be fixed?

http://boards.cannabis.com/feedback-...ml#post2144857
    Yea, I just tried again with no luck. Will come back from time to time to see if its fixed.

I just last night transplanted my plant from MG soil, to bubble bucket DIY with foxfarm nutes. I wonder how long it will take for my plant to get out of shock? Considering it survives? /bites nails