Leaves Curling down and into themselves?
Hi guys, me again, the Doc.
I've noticed that my plant's leaves are curling down and under themselves. Also I have a couple of leaves that have holes in them, but I don't see any insects, etc. There are also yellowish splotches on some of the leaves as well. It's been a week since I've fertilized the plants. I know that I should have pictures, but my camera's broken, I'll post some tomorrow night. Any clues?
.1) Type and wattage of lights. HPS 400
.2) Distance from tops? up until today, 12 inches
.3) Reflector type? (bat wing up until today. I switched to an enclosed reflector)
.4) Is there a consistent fresh air supply? yes
.5) Do you have an exhaust fan and a circulation fan? exhaust fan and intake fan, no circulation
.6) What are the bulb wattages, kelvin ratings, and schedule? 400 watts hps, 12/12 hours
.7) Specific brand and type of soil, (fertilized soil) and anything you've added to it. (vermiculite, perlite, worm castings)
.8) Size of container. 10 litres
.9) Did you use peat pucks (or similar) to root clones or germinate seedlings? nope
Your nutrients and water:
10) Source of water? (tap, bottled or filtered) What's it's ph before adjusting? tap, 7
11) Method of checking water ph. (ph pen, test strips, aquarium test kit...) test strips
12) Method of adjusting water ph. (phosphoric acid, white vinegar, hydrated lime, PH Up...) haven't done it yep
13) Specific brand and N-P-K ratio for each bottle. List dosages (quantity per gallon) and current feeding schedule. don't have access to it right now
14) How often are you watering between feedings, and how much per watering?
15) Any additives or tea's? (Superthrive, CalMag, molasses, Mother's Earth...) nope
16) Are your ph levels stable, or do they fluctuate? no clue
17) What is your ingoing water's ph? ...your runoff ph?
18) Do you foliar feed? If so, with what, how often, and at what time do you spray? nope
19) Indoors or outdoors? indoors
20) What size of closet, room or hut? self made hut, area= 1 square meter, height 1.5 meters
21) What are the temps and humidity levels while lights are on? ...With lights off? lights on: 22°C off: 18°C
22) Have you seen signs of insects in the growroom? nope
23) What strain are you growing? (Indica dominate or Sativa dom?) indica dom
24) From seeds or clones? probably seeds, they were given to me as a gift
25) Is this an autoflower strain? nope
pH is really important.... You need to get yourself a digital pH pen....$40 for an inexpensive one....and some pH up & down, about $20 for both.... Correct your pH and then let us know how they look.... Also, when in doubt, flush it out.... As long as you don't have auto release nutrients in your soil, you should be able to flush out built up salts/nutrients with a couple flushes.... Use 2 - 3 time the amount of water your soil container holds to flush with.... Let soil almost dry before watering or flushing again....
Start with pH....
I have taken some pics. I hope that the 2 minutes of light that the ladies received won't do any harm. They're in their dark period right now.
Originally Posted by CanGroIt
The below pic is of the two ladies. They are into their 2nd week of flowering as of today.
Last edited by Doctor Herbert; Aug-11-2011 at 15:22.
These are close ups of the leaves curling and damage.
lol 1st you shouldn't interrupt the night cycle
as for curled tips?? after searching for about 10 seconds i've found it, and CanGroIt diagnossed it with ph problems
ok, thanks! since I don't have a soil ph meter, should I water the ladies and measure the PH of the water that comes out from the drainage?
Originally Posted by washmedical
how long have you had the plant? you said you dont have access to nutrients, but the person who was growing it before you did, and probably over did it/didn't balance the ph?? I also do not have a ph meter but my plants seem to be doing alright, even with feeding them miracle grow tomato food and schultz cactus fertilizer
Last edited by Doctor Herbert; Aug-11-2011 at 23:40.