Thread: Leaves Curling down and into themselves?

Doctor Herbert is offline Registered+

Leaves Curling down and into themselves?

Hi guys, me again, the Doc.

I've noticed that my plant's leaves are curling down and under themselves. Also I have a couple of leaves that have holes in them, but I don't see any insects, etc. There are also yellowish splotches on some of the leaves as well. It's been a week since I've fertilized the plants. I know that I should have pictures, but my camera's broken, I'll post some tomorrow night. Any clues?

Thanks!

Your Equipment:
    .1) Type and wattage of lights. HPS 400
    .2) Distance from tops? up until today, 12 inches
    .3) Reflector type? (bat wing up until today. I switched to an enclosed reflector)
    .4) Is there a consistent fresh air supply? yes
    .5) Do you have an exhaust fan and a circulation fan? exhaust fan and intake fan, no circulation
    .6) What are the bulb wattages, kelvin ratings, and schedule? 400 watts hps, 12/12 hours

Your medium:
    .7) Specific brand and type of soil, (fertilized soil) and anything you've added to it. (vermiculite, perlite, worm castings)
    .8) Size of container. 10 litres
    .9) Did you use peat pucks (or similar) to root clones or germinate seedlings? nope

Your nutrients and water:
    10) Source of water? (tap, bottled or filtered) What's it's ph before adjusting? tap, 7
    11) Method of checking water ph. (ph pen, test strips, aquarium test kit...) test strips
    12) Method of adjusting water ph. (phosphoric acid, white vinegar, hydrated lime, PH Up...) haven't done it yep
    13) Specific brand and N-P-K ratio for each bottle. List dosages (quantity per gallon) and current feeding schedule. don't have access to it right now
    14) How often are you watering between feedings, and how much per watering?
    15) Any additives or tea's? (Superthrive, CalMag, molasses, Mother's Earth...) nope
    16) Are your ph levels stable, or do they fluctuate? no clue
    17) What is your ingoing water's ph? ...your runoff ph?
    18) Do you foliar feed? If so, with what, how often, and at what time do you spray? nope

Your growroom:
    19) Indoors or outdoors? indoors
    20) What size of closet, room or hut? self made hut, area= 1 square meter, height 1.5 meters
    21) What are the temps and humidity levels while lights are on? ...With lights off? lights on: 22C off: 18C
    22) Have you seen signs of insects in the growroom? nope

Your strain:
    23) What strain are you growing? (Indica dominate or Sativa dom?) indica dom
    24) From seeds or clones? probably seeds, they were given to me as a gift
    25) Is this an autoflower strain? nope

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

CanGroIt is offline Registered+
    pH is really important.... You need to get yourself a digital pH pen....$40 for an inexpensive one....and some pH up & down, about $20 for both.... Correct your pH and then let us know how they look.... Also, when in doubt, flush it out.... As long as you don't have auto release nutrients in your soil, you should be able to flush out built up salts/nutrients with a couple flushes.... Use 2 - 3 time the amount of water your soil container holds to flush with.... Let soil almost dry before watering or flushing again....

Start with pH....

CGI::::::
    If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything......
    Their are those who Can and those who cannot, which are you....

The Soil/Hydro Growers Troubleshooting Form....
    PPM's Made Easy to Understand....
    All Newbies Read This....

Quote Originally Posted by CanGroIt View Post
    pH is really important.... You need to get yourself a digital pH pen....$40 for an inexpensive one....and some pH up & down, about $20 for both.... Correct your pH and then let us know how they look.... Also, when in doubt, flush it out.... As long as you don't have auto release nutrients in your soil, you should be able to flush out built up salts/nutrients with a couple flushes.... Use 2 - 3 time the amount of water your soil container holds to flush with.... Let soil almost dry before watering or flushing again....

Start with pH....

CGI::::::
    I have taken some pics. I hope that the 2 minutes of light that the ladies received won't do any harm. They're in their dark period right now.

The below pic is of the two ladies. They are into their 2nd week of flowering as of today.

Leaves Curling down and into themselves?-img_0071.jpg
    Last edited by Doctor Herbert; Aug-11-2011 at 14:22.

These are close ups of the leaves curling and damage.

Leaves Curling down and into themselves?-img_0083.jpgLeaves Curling down and into themselves?-img_0078.jpgLeaves Curling down and into themselves?-img_0077.jpgLeaves Curling down and into themselves?-img_0082.jpgLeaves Curling down and into themselves?-img_0081.jpg

washmedical is offline Registered+
    lol 1st you shouldn't interrupt the night cycle

as for curled tips?? after searching for about 10 seconds i've found it, and CanGroIt diagnossed it with ph problems

Quote Originally Posted by washmedical View Post
    lol 1st you shouldn't interrupt the night cycle

as for curled tips?? after searching for about 10 seconds i've found it, and CanGroIt diagnossed it with ph problems
    ok, thanks! since I don't have a soil ph meter, should I water the ladies and measure the PH of the water that comes out from the drainage?

washmedical is offline Registered+
    how long have you had the plant? you said you dont have access to nutrients, but the person who was growing it before you did, and probably over did it/didn't balance the ph?? I also do not have a ph meter but my plants seem to be doing alright, even with feeding them miracle grow tomato food and schultz cactus fertilizer

Quote Originally Posted by washmedical View Post
    how long have you had the plant? you said you dont have access to nutrients, but the person who was growing it before you did, and probably over did it/didn't balance the ph?? I also do not have a ph meter but my plants seem to be doing alright, even with feeding them miracle grow tomato food and schultz cactus fertilizer
    my hopefully female plants were given to me when they were about a week old. I've vegged them from end of may to July 30th. Now they're up in the flowering area (it's been 2 weeks today). Up until now I've not had any problems. I most likely over ferted because last week I fertilized and they started with this recently. I got some more pics if you'd like to see:

the first 2 pics, are they the sex of the plants? or are they the thingy that becomes leaves?

Leaves Curling down and into themselves?-img_0101.jpgLeaves Curling down and into themselves?-img_0097.jpgLeaves Curling down and into themselves?-img_0089.jpgLeaves Curling down and into themselves?-img_0091.jpgLeaves Curling down and into themselves?-img_0090.jpg
    Last edited by Doctor Herbert; Aug-11-2011 at 22:40.