Cannabis.com

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By WashougalWonder
  • 1 Post By Rusty Trichome
  • 1 Post By CanGroIt
  • 1 Post By WashougalWonder

Thread: Please help. Is this nute burn or what? PICTURES!

bingotoad is offline Registered+

Please help. Is this nute burn or what? PICTURES!

Hi, This is my 3rd grow. So i have a decent idea of what im doing. Anyway, i think my plants are getting nute burn, but im not feeding them THAT much. Im 47 days into flowering, and for the most part ive been following the foxfarm feeding schedule, then the next day i use regular correctly PHed tap water, then ill use a light nute watering(molasses 1tbl spoon/gal, Humboldt Honey Hydro Carbs). Then I repeat. I also bring them into my bathtub and flush them every 3 or so weeks. anyway, heres pictures, please let me know what you think.

http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/7889/img1264r.jpg
    http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/2758/img1265x.jpg
    http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/351/img1266i.jpg
    http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/8961/img1267zu.jpg
    Last edited by bingotoad; Sep-27-2011 at 23:11.

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

and i know its hard to tell, becuase of the 1000w HPS lights, but in the first picture the leaves are turning a purple-ish brown. please help!

also, i have a 20lbs Co2 tank, which i dont have a regulator for yet. so i just open the valve for a few seconds every night, idk if this could be causing anything, considering i dont know how much co2 im actually putting in the air.
    Last edited by bingotoad; Sep-27-2011 at 23:24.

WashougalWonder is offline Registered+
    The photos suck, but I kinda think you have OD'd them on nutes, particularly molasses. If they are 41 days it is time to stop nutes anyhow.
    GaGrown likes this.
    Natural Spider Mite Control
    Trouble shooting form

Thank you Lord for this green thumb, I so love to grow your gift of cannabis.

CanGroIt is offline Registered+
    In agreement with WW.... Too much.... Kinda look heat stressed as well.... Give them nothing but properly pH'd water for the remainder of the grow and you should be fine....

How hot do your temps get with the lights on???

Also, without a regulator, you could be letting out too much CO2.... Could be choking them....

CGI::::::
    If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything......
    Their are those who Can and those who cannot, which are you....

The Soil/Hydro Growers Troubleshooting Form....
    PPM's Made Easy to Understand....
    All Newbies Read This....

I have 3 fans in the room, and a portable air conditioner. My exhaust fan recently got blocked, and that could have been the problem with heat stress. But I planned on stopping nutes soon.

hemptations is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by bingotoad View Post
    I have 3 fans in the room, and a portable air conditioner. My exhaust fan recently got blocked, and that could have been the problem with heat stress. But I planned on stopping nutes soon.
    you have nice buds on your plant and already burnt tips, stopping nutes soon, isn't soon enough.

Yeah, im gonna give them clean water for a few more days, then give them nutes probably 2 more times, then flush.

I took pictures with my digital camera, they are a bit better, but its still hard to see actual colors because the red light from the HPS's

http://i.imgur.com/EZWuk.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/KWpqH.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/KWpqH.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/wwiGY.jpg

And then i have this tangerine dream plant. that is way behind the rest. but it has a slightly longer flowering time. Anyway, its in really bad shape, and idk why. The leaves are all mostly dying, and ive been treating it the same as my other plants. Only difference is that it is right in front of my air conditioner. like the air is blowing straight on the plant. maybe thats why? idk but heres a picture
    http://i.imgur.com/IBU7G.jpg

Heres one of my better kandy kush plants, so i dont look like a noob, haha.

http://i.imgur.com/4qRgK.jpg

any advice on the first few pictures is still appreciated.

Yeah, im gonna give them clean water for a few more days, then give them nutes probably 2 more times, then flush.
    Obviously my advice was worthless.
    Trouble shooting form

Are you not listening, or are you chosing to ignore the sound advice you've been given by a couple of experienced gardeners? Your plants are overdosing, and you want to give a little more?
    Flush 'em and give them a minimum of a week or two with nothing but properly ph'd water. Watch the new growth for checking the progress, as old leaves are old news. Old leaves won't repair themselves.

Molasses is like a nutrient 'kicker'. I use molasses at 1 tsp per gallon, once a week. 1 tablespoon:gallon with nutrients is an overdose.

If your plants are stressing, perhaps you should think about backing-off of the ammendments and stick with the Fox Farms online schedule. Which of the FF products are you using right now?

Is Honey the name brand, or is there honey in the stuff? (honey has a natural anti-bacterial property that kills beneficial bacteria in the medium.
    WashougalWonder likes this.

CanGroIt is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by WashougalWonder View Post
    Obviously my advice was worthless.
    We can only lead the horse to water....we cannot make him drink....

CGI::::::
    WashougalWonder likes this.
    If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything......
    Their are those who Can and those who cannot, which are you....

The Soil/Hydro Growers Troubleshooting Form....
    PPM's Made Easy to Understand....
    All Newbies Read This....

polishpollack is offline Registered+
    When the sodium is off, take photos using just the camera flash.

Salvein211 is offline Registered+
    You probably already know but I will just add that as the flower stage progresses and nears to an end, a plant is suppose to yellow up and lose its leaves etc. Also, when you get to the 2 week window when you know you will need to harvest, you must stop all nutes and water with just pH water as said by the other helpful gardeners. You will have a horrid taste in your meds if you do not! Yes I would move that constant AC flow off that plant... I dont have a clue on the output air temp it is giving, but thats what that plant is getting which is much lower then its desired range.. Of course its going to tell you... im too cold!

I said I was going to give them nutes 2 more times because i didn't have a microscope at that point and i figured they weren't that close to being done yet. Today my microscope came in the mail 40x, and the trics are just about the perfect milky color. Ive been flushing for 5 days now. Im going to flush for 5-7 more and be done I think. I dont think another 5 days could harm them.

Rustytrichome(quoting never works for me)

Ive been cutting off yellowing leaves over the flowering period, and there are not many fan leaves left at all anymore if any. Ive stopped all mollssass use, i was using way too much. 1tbsp, 2 times a week, on top of nutes. Im using basically all the FF products, and yes, honey is just the name of the brand.

Are you using the Fox Farms trio, or are you using the soluables as well?

NO MORE FLUSHING. If you are keeping the soil wet, you WILL cause root rot and plant death.

No more nutrients. If you are that close to harvest, you don't want to add nutrients. At best, if the soil dries enough between now and harvest...1 tsp molasses per gallon of properly ph'd water. (I hear that phrase in my sleep, lol)

Make sure to use the online weekly feeding schedule for the next batch. It's available on the Fox Farms website.

There must be an invisible barrier between what we all see and what he thinks we said/see over the internet....Like trying to teach a puppy to piss outside. At least we don't give up.
    Rusty Trichome likes this.
    Trouble shooting form