I have been growing for over a year now, but for some reason my last couple of crops have had issues with yellowing leaves and then a not so sweet taste/smell after harvest. Shortly after flowering starts the leaves will start to yellow and then slowly die, it seems to hit the larger older leaves first. I know my temps are a bit high (86 at the most), but I have worked with these temps since I started and this yellowing is a new issue. The harvest will also have a not so sweet taste and smell, but this seems to vary with the different strains I have tried growing. I have been cloning lately instead of seeds, basically I just make a nice cut, put on some cloning gel and stick it in a cup of soil, success has been very good cloning this way. I have been watering the clones with water that has light veg nutes and letting them veg in that same chamber and then as they get big enough Ill take a cut or two and move them down to flower. It is a week or two into flowering when the yellowing begins.
I thought it may be a Ph issue, but my Ph seems fine in the low 6's. Here is some more information and pictures, thanks for any advice you can provide.
Recently yellowed leave.
About 3 weeks into flowering, I took the above leave from this plant.
About 6 weeks into flowering.
About 6 weeks into flowering for the left plants, 3 weeks for the far right.
The main grow area.
1) 400w HPS
2) Abut 10-12" from the glass, I can hold my hand on the glass for over a minute.
3) EasyCool reflector.
4) There are vents around the bottom and an intake fan.
5) Exhaust fan with booster, no circulation fan though the intake fan does blow hard.
6) I veg in a small chamber with florescent then move them under the 400w HPS with a flowering bulb.
7) Happyfrog soil
8) 7.5" square pot
9) Olivias cloning gel and put them right into a cup of soil.
Nutrients and water:
10) Tap water, I let it sit out for at least 24 hours and get ph between 6.0-6.5 before watering.
11) Add water to the test tube, add in drop and then compare to chart.
12) Ph up and down solutions.
13) Foxfarms tigerbloom (2tsp per gal) bigbloom (1tbls per gal) every other watering as specified by the foxfarms watering chart.
14) Every 4 days the soil drys up and I will only add nutes to the water every other watering. I dont do anything special, just add in the nutes (if it is a nute watering), adjust PH and then pour.
15) No additives.
16) Ph seems stable at 6.0-6.5
18) No foliar feeding.
19) Indoor custom cabinet
21) Humidity is around 35% and temps between 72-86 degrees.
22) No infestations.
23) Not sure on the strain, seems like every time I buy seeds the "free" seed they give me is better, so I eventually started cloning one of those.
25) Do not think so.