Cannabis.com

Thread: tip burn and necrosis

hondo is offline Registered+

Unhappy tip burn and necrosis

have 20 K-2 in an E&f tray, im 5 wks into flowering and i start to get tip burn and necrosis ph is 6.5 and ppm is 1980, has been a good combo for the life of the plants so far. but i think it might be a nutri prob. btw 2nd grow with this strain but first with e&b table . any ideas.

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Buy Feminised Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

bonbon is offline Registered+

ph ?

6.5 is a little too high,also by now they should be able to handle 2000 or a little higher ppm,but i think it's the "ph",try to it lower to about 5.5-5.8,that will make most of the nutrients a little more accessible to the plants....bonbon
    "Let's get lost"....Chet Baker

thx for the info, also im flooding 30 minutes of 30 minutes is this to much water, seems to have a little white mold on a few of the rockwool cubes that are on top of the clay pellets?

hydroton needs a few more cycles(dries out quick)

I use both mediums myself,for hydroton flood every 4 hours for a half hour,try to keep your reservoir temps around 70fh for the best results,a little fungi growth is normal on rockwool,no big deal,it wont harm the plants,how you doin with the PH ?....bonbon

my meter quit on me , and the new one wont be here till tomorrow, so im using paper; but i think i got it down to between 5.8 and 6 .my new crop was doing the same thing[in a water farm setup] and the ph was with them also , but i wont be able to get into the room until tomorrow because of the light cycle. so u think i might be over watering , using 6 inch pots full of clay with they rockwool germ. cube at 30 on 30 off? and what about the water farm , shld i cycle the air pump?
    thx a ton for the info,
    hondo

just play it safe for now....

cube at 30 on 30 off? and what about the water farm , shld i cycle the air pump?
    thx a ton for the info,
    hondo

it's difficult to over water clay pellets,unless the pump is on continuously,,wait till you get your "PH"tester before you start adjusting,just to be sure,you might have to back off on the nitrogen too, sorry Hondo,i did not get the last couple of questions,can you clarify them for me please....bonbon

my 3x3 rockwool germination cube is ontop of a 6x6 pot of clay pellets and im flooding every 30 minutes for 30 minutes,is this to often. and with the water farm the pump is on constantly,is that to much

here is a pic of an upper shade leaf
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tip burn and necrosis-im000315.jpg  

can post a few more if it wld help Dr. bonbon,THX for all the info.

Dr.??? thanks anyway

Flooding every 4 hours for a 1/2hour should enough for the RW-clay,if the hydrofarm is using a drip emmitter, a continous drip should be O.K,the pic looks like there is some nitro burn goin on,like i mentioned before,ease up on the nitro(about half or less of what you're giving them now)and manage the ph,when you take care of that,you'll see an improvement over several days,and dont forget to top off the reservoir with plain water....bonbon

to keep u up to speed got the ph down , cut back to 30 mins on every 4hrs .seemed to have weakened the plants because they started dropping.so i went to a 30 min flood every1.5 hrs. also i found that roots had grown into the flow fitting causing it to retain so water think that was the bigest prob with e&f. cutt the hydrofarms back to 30 minutes on 1.5 hrs off helped alot but not after losing 4 plants.