Cannabis.com

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: AAAHHH SPIDER MITES!!!

Opie Yutts is offline Registered+
    I've been told that the no pest strips take too long for the pant process the poison.
    So it isn't to be used in flower.
    Just in veg.
    It takes about the whole flowering cycle to process the poison from the no pest strips.

The plant does not process the chemical, the bugs do and they die. Like I said, the chemical permiates the air, not the plant. It is not a systemic like Avid. I don't thik the 2 or 3 days it takes to break the life cycle, will hurt your weed much in flower, but like I said, if you are trying to be safe I would not use these in flower or at all.
    PLEASE STOP BY MY FOGGING THREAD
    Everything I say in this forum is completely true, and should be construed as fact. I do smoke weed, and sometimes I eat it. Not only that I sell it, along with every other drug known to man and a few that aren't. Everything I do is 100% illegal, and I condone others breaking the law. All pictures that I post are not taken from the internet, but are of my own illegal operation. Also, I speed and don't come to complete stops at stop signs.

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

mendokid is offline Registered+
    I foolishly kept my spider mites for years.

Recently I tried the neem oil as stinkyattic mentioned above.

My HUGE infestation is G-O-N-E. The great part is that it is all natural. Neem also works great outside.

Mendokid

You spent a lot of money and a full year trying to rid your grow of Spider mites? I must say that is a lot of time to put up with a problem that is so easy to solve.
    Yes I was a newbie to spider mites and knew nothing about them. I was not as dilligent as I should have been and it took awhile to learn. Spider mites are not like an ant you can just squash. It was actually more like a couple years, off and on in 3 different rooms. Also they hibernate, and a few months after you think they are gone, there they are again. That is unless you use No Pest Strips. And like I said, I wanted to rid myself of them. Not spray and dip and such forever. Donít many people who are new to mites mistakenly try natural methods for years? My wife and I were trying to have children at that point, and I wanted both of us to stay away from deadly toxins. Whatís so weird about that?

There still is NO way in HELL you will convince me that pest strips by them self killed a full on spider mite infestation
    Fine, each to his own. Then I will be so bold as to say you are stubborn and pig-headed, and the type of person who hates more than anything to admit he was wrong about something, but I like you and I mean that in the nicest possible way. Your loss. It happened, and it happened to many others. Why would so many people be lying about this? I have no reason to lie about it and I'm through trying to convince you. The ones who shelled out the $9, and took the 30 seconds of effort know what I mean. I once was like you and did not believe. But like I said, why the hell not try after everything else I went through. You can keep dispensing poor advice to people without knowing what you are talking about if you so desire. If I were to dispense advice on something however, I would try to have a little experience with it, or at least read up extensively on it, or at least keep an open mind about it. How can you claim to know everything about something you have never tried? I hate it when people do this, and dare I be so bold as to say it is poor moderating. I hate that movie. I've never seen it, and everyone says its great, but I hate it. No Pest Strips don't work. I've never tried them, and everyone who has says they work, but I know they don't because I am Zandor. This is a fucked up attitude. How did you ever learn anything in school or throughout your weed growing education? So all the people on Overgrow who said that the strips worked for them are lying also? Have fun with your never ending dipping and spraying and such, while I continue to sit back and enjoy years of mite free crops. Dichiorvos is an extremely toxic chemical, and I don't know why it is so hard for you to believe that it could kill mites. Why is it any harder to believe than, say Perithum or whatever? How do you know it's not even stronger? Did you bother to research before dispensing so much knowledge, or is it just your gut feeling?

Zandor, if you want to keep doing things the hard way that's great, and fine with me. But please stop telling people something doesn't work if you have never tried it. If you know nothing about something, the smartest thing to do is shut up about it until you do. If you do this throughout life you will be much better off in the long run. I hate the fact that since you are Zandor, the supposed all-being, master of time space and dimension, people are going to believe you. Unfortunately they will either do things the hard way or the harder way because they are sheep and they will do what you tell them to. Bummer. It's like all my efforts, and hours of trying to help people here regarding mites have just been completely wiped out, because I am nothing. I am just Opie, and the great and illustrious Zandor says I am wrong. Why should I bother trying to help anymore? Maybe the moderators on other boards arenít so narrow-minded. I know the ones on Overgrow werenít.

You said "The toxins permeate the air and seek the little bastards out" but if you have proper air flow and exhaust (I guess you can use A/C) then the toxins that permeate the air would escape by the active exhaust.
    Fine, using your logic I guess bombs won't work either. I have proper air flow and exhaust. Otherwise my plants would be dead. Zandor, don't you turn your exhaust off during CO2? If you donít you are wasting a lot of CO2. And I think I mentioned that you should use as little ventilation as possible during the treatment. Do you leave your ventilation on while you are using the bombs? Is your exhaust on all night? I'm telling you there are easy ways to make this work. If there is too much ventilation for the strips then there is too much ventilation for the bombs. Maybe use less light (so you can use less ventilation) for the three days it takes if you have to. The slight decrease in yield would definitely be worth it to rid yourselves of mites. From the package: "Drafts, weather and other conditions may affect the performance, but treatment usually lasts for 4 months." I think that sometime during that 4 months, no matter how big your ventilation system is, the toxins will reach the mites. The package says that 1 pest strip treats 900 to 1200 cubic feet. Imagine what it would do in an 80 sq. ft. closet like my flower section. You could also buy 5 of them for $45 and put them in your closet if you are worried about ventilation, but 1 is enough for most people. So you are the 1% of the weed farmers who have massive overkill ventilation, and you refuse to turn it of at night for a couple days. The No Pest Strips are not for you. For you other 99%, they will work. I promise. I have quite a bit of ventilation in my flower section, which is off for about 3 hours at night. My mites were dead in one night, and all the hatchlings were dead within 48 hours. They made it as far as half way out the egg. I'm not lying. I have no desire or need to attempt to steer so many people wrong. I wouldnít be spending the hours I have, to merely joke people into wasting $9 and 30 seconds. I am trying to save them the trouble and expense that I incurred. People helped me once, so I am trying to help back. Thatís it. Believe it or donít, your choice.

It would take many, many, many days for a passive build up and all that time (unless you had an A/C system) you have no exhaust for your room.
    Or 3 hours each night for two nights, like I did. From the second you open the package it starts permiating the air. Kind of like a bomb, I guess.

It may even work for some others too in a closet especially.
    If it will work in enclosed 3'x3' area, it will also work in an inclosed 50'x50' area. Just use more of them. I could be wrong about this, but makes sense to me.

But it's hard to beat the bomb method.
    Like I said, I never tried this. If you say that you tried it and it worked, I believe you. I have no reason to doubt people until they give me one. I heard of the strips before I heard of the bombs, so that is what I tried first, and it worked. The strips seem more convenient and less expensive.

cost's less then the thousands of dollars you spend to learn what you did you must admit that.
    Yes, that was a mistake. The same mistake I'm trying to have others avoid.

I am glad you got your problem under control and I hope you never have to deal with them again. It sounded like you had a life full already and once is enough for anyone.
    Thanks, me too. Mites are a royal pain in the ass. Thank God each day you don't have them.

Itís all good. Love you guys, including Zandor.
    Everything I say in this forum is completely true, and should be construed as fact. I do smoke weed, and sometimes I eat it. Not only that I sell it, along with every other drug known to man and a few that aren't. Everything I do is 100% illegal, and I condone others breaking the law. All pictures that I post are not taken from the internet, but are of my own illegal operation. Also, I speed and don't come to complete stops at stop signs.

My HUGE infestation is G-O-N-E.

Yeah, I remember when I had my first beer.

If your infestation is gone using neem oil, you either did not have spider mites or you are the first in history that I know of. Keep us posted. We'll see at your next light change from veg to bloom.

Hey, mendokid. I just re-read my reply it may sound a little condisending. I didn't mean it that way, I just like Steve Martin. To know for sure, you will need to wait until you next light change from veg to bloom, especially if you are growing in a dirt like substance, and especially if you have kept the mites around for years as you mention. They hybernate as a survival mechanism.

If you did rid yourself of them using soley neem oil you really should write up a nice post on how to do this, because I think you would be the first in history.

PippZ is offline Registered

Hey Opie

Well i did quite a bit of reading on these no pest strips and the side effects if humans come in contact with them, Nasty things not to be used without care, but if one takes the proper care ie.. gloves ,mask, and not to inhale for long periods of time.Also plant matter is not effected by the vapour , (read 3 tests performed by seperate labs other then manufactures) and all said they do not effect plants in anyway.Also they are used to rid pet snakes of mites as well as other reptiles.I have been putting them in my room 3X5X5 with the start of an outbreak 1 plant infected , for the dark periods,soon as night time kicks in i shut down all ventalation in and out ,cover up openings but leave a small fan going to move the air around within the chamber, 10 hours into dark cycle i pull it out and put it in a zip lock bag ,let the vapour disapate for 2 hours and when lights come back on fire all air exchangers up
    When i check the infected leaves those guys are dead their little children are dead and the egg count is redused greatly.
    My question is i have been doing this for the last 7 days without seeing any new damage or anything alive but there are still eggs abound which are not effected by ANYTHING!! (even radiation! , read study where they shot radiation at spider mite eggs and they still hatched but did not live very long)
    So as the little fuckers hatch the die within a few steps out of the egg, how long do ya think i need to keep going? I think it can take 3-14 days for them to hatch in hot dry conditions, how long did you treat for?

HARDDON is offline Registered+
    Opie I dont think you know what a spider mite is perhaps.

If you are going to sit here and try to sell me that hanging a yellow pest strip up top is going to kill / discourage / chase away spider mites you are simply wrong.

WTF are you talking about?

Spider mites dont make webs anywhere except on plant leave tops between the fingers. That is it.

Spider mites hatch from eggs and will burrow their heads into the leaves to avoid the chemical smells.

Contact kill is the ONLY way to kill a spider mite and their is no way to kill the eggs, except for the diamateous earth that you could shoot at the plants and pierce the egg casings.

You have to have a lucky shot.

Fogging like Zandor said is the best but even then, your plants take a hard beating and smoking that stuff...hmmm...not for HARD.

The author of this thread also stated GREEN SPIDER MITES.

Spider mites arent even fricking green.

But stop telling peeps you can kill an infestation with a hanging yellow strip. You would be better off hanging flea collars on the branches of your tree to discourage pests but spider mites are a different breed of insect that has eggs that cannot be killed and will hatch and instantly start the cycle again.

DAILY WASHING is the only chance anyone has with spider mites.

Leaf by leaf by leaf....egg by egg by egg.

I tried your methods and about 24 others.

I know first hand the perils of mites and the ineffectiveness of mass extinction. There is none.

Here is a pic of some stuff 7 days after fogging the place and washing and dunking the plants in soap and doing nothing else.

They hatch and then start their shit all over again.

If I ever get another infestation, out the door with the plants and its start all over.

Its nice of you to help but your method is not effective on REAL SPIDER MITES. Perrhaps aphids or other leaf eaters....but NOT MITES.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AAAHHH SPIDER MITES!!!-dscn2836.jpg   AAAHHH SPIDER MITES!!!-dscn2839.jpg  
    Any posts made by me are purely fictional in nature and by no means is anything I say to be taken seriously. I do not grow or condone the growing of anything not legal. Any and all pictures I post are pictures widley available on the internet and any discussions I am involved in are purely hypothetical or are commentary in nature and should not constitute advice or be considered advice to assist in activities that are deemed illegal.

Jdog7000 is offline Registered+
    Gotta break that breeding cycle guys.
    Thats what it's all about.
    Use no pest strips in veg.
    And pyrithrum(spelling) bombs in flower.
    Any posts made by me are purely fictional in nature and by no means is anything I say to be taken seriously. I do not grow or condone the growing of anything not legal. Any and all pictures I post are pictures widley available on the internet and any discussions I am involved in are purely hypothetical or are commentary in nature and should not constitute advice or be considered advice to assist in activities that are deemed illegal.

Hardon

Hardon this shit works !!!! do a search under snakes and mites, breeders have used them along time to help rid mites from snakes

WTF are you guys talking about?

Spider mites that we are talking about are vegtarians and dont live on snakes. They eat on plant chrolophyl and not on snakes.

They dont like snakes the dont live on them or breed on them.

VEGETARIAN SPIDER SMITES. They dont hang out on snakes???????

WTF?

AND you cannot bomb during flower. It takes 30 days for the chems in pyrethium to be broken down into harmless substances and this is only done with UV Rays.

If you are using HPS lighting, you have no UV rays anyhow. So you cannot breakdown the harmful components in the aerosol attack during flower.

Perhaps you are referring to other mites which may indeed be successfully removed from plants.

But the spider mites I know are vegan, they dont live on snakes and only will breed in foilage on the underside of plant matter.

I have come to the conclusion that some people here are pure fricking idiots and have no idea what the fuck a real spider mite is.

Freshly hatched spidermites are clear and see thru.
    Juveniles develop two black spots on their shoulders.
    Adults develop pure black / brown patches that fill the sides of the body.

(the dark patches and streaks are shit that the might is processing in its digestive system)

They do not live on animals, rodents or insects or reptiles.

They only live on green leafy matter that contains sweet sugars.

Fucking snakes and mice?

Ah bullshit. Those are carnivorous spidermites that are acutally beneficial to plant matter.

I am thru talking about this subject. If you morons dont know what a spider mite is I cannot help you. Spidermites dont want anything to do with non plant matter anymore than a human would want to live on the planent venus.

The conditions and atmosphere do not support that type of life.

Simple and factual.

I'm wondering why a thing like isopropyl alcohol would be a bad idea to use against mites.

It would kill the fukrs on contact...and evaporates into nothingness in about 3minutes time.

So for shitz n gigglez, and future reference should I ever get mites... I've isolated a branch, hosed it down with rubbing alcohol and will report back on this in a couple days with my findings.

For now...the branch went from 'drip' to 'dry' in less than 3 minutes. Doesn't appear to have had any ill-effect as of yet.

ITs easy to kill mites.

Its the eggs that you cannot kill.

Yea...I just found an article citing that rubbing alcohol is great to use on live bugs...but does nada to the eggs.

Wow hardon take it easy , i was very skeptic as well , but after a long and many searchs with google on spider mites and no pest strips i was convinced to give it a go and it does kill them

Hardon, I did not even bother reading all your reply because you are just like Zandor and the other narrow minded people who think they know everything about things they have not tried or heard of.

Obviously you did not read everthing I wrote about spider mites, or you would have seen that people are trying them and they are working. They have worked for many, many people. They workded for me. Period. And yes, I know what a spider mite is. Why is is so hard to believe that a toxic dangerous chemical could permiate the air and kill mites? Seems pretty straight forward to me.

Go ahead laugh, while myself and many others continue to enjoy many years of mite free crops, all because we decided put our arrogance and skepticsm aside and try a $9 pest strip. It's people like you that make me want to shoot myself in the face.

And thanks for calling me a moron and idiot, after I spent hours trying to help you. I really appreciate that, you moron.

Zandor is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by Opie Yutts
    Hardon, I did not even bother reading all your reply because you are just like Zandor and the other narrow minded people who think they know everything about things they have not tried or heard of.

Obviously you did not read everthing I wrote about spider mites, or you would have seen that people are trying them and they are working. They have worked for many, many people. They workded for me. Period. And yes, I know what a spider mite is. Why is is so hard to believe that a toxic dangerous chemical could permiate the air and kill mites? Seems pretty straight forward to me.

Go ahead laugh, while myself and many others continue to enjoy many years of mite free crops, all because we decided put our arrogance and skepticsm aside and try a $9 pest strip. It's people like you that make me want to shoot myself in the face.

And thanks for calling me a moron and idiot, after I spent hours trying to help you. I really appreciate that, you moron.
    I have about had it with you!!!!!

listen to me once again.....

YOU may think you have cured your problem and you MAY think your shit don't stink but I for one am getting sick and tired of you running about this forum trying to either pick a fight with me or worse try to portray me as ignorant & narow minded. From what I see your grow closet is just above a ghetto grow. You have no room to talk and limited skill from what I see.

I have tried to be nice with you. I am sure you feel you are correct but you are only dealing with a very small area. It may even have worked for you....but if you say it works so well then why in another thread did you say you can look at the eggs under the leaf. You said you can see them in their eggs too. Well if you took care of your problem so well with your pest strips so long ago. (Because that is what you told me was that it has worked for you for many years I believe).

Then how can you still see them and their eggs?

You have pushed me to my limit and you have been put on notice please chill out.

Your anger and your attitude is not welcome here.

Chill out and behave. You have a right to disagree but you must be respectful and courteous.

You have been educated and warned again. If you are not happy here then I understand that too. You have brought this all on by your self and you are 100% responsible for your actions and their cause and effect.
    Peace
    Zandor

If you go cheap you grow cheap. - Me

Quote Originally Posted by Opie Yutts.

The day I need to get advice from you is long past.

And when did you ever spend a minute helping me????

You don't even know how to read a thread properly.

You don't know what a chlorophyl feeding spidermite is or you wouldn't be looking for them on snakes or anything else other than plant matter. If you had read the whole post, you would have seen that spidermites prefer plant foilage to snake / rodent breeding 100 out of 100 times.

The only fricking reason a spidermite would be on a snake is to hitch a ride.

No plant?

Spidermite dies.

End of story.

Zandor:

YOU may think you have cured your problem
    I do and I did. The mites, their eggs, and all traces of them have been gone for 6 or 7 harvests I think. All from one pest strip. I guess that means I cured the problem.

I for one am getting sick and tired of you running about this forum trying to either pick a fight with me or worse try to portray me as ignorant & narow minded.
    I am not trying to pick a fight with you. I don't know how you got that impression. When someone responds to your disagreement with them, that does not necessarily mean that they are picking a fight. People are allowed to talk. That's kind of what this forum is all about. This is absolutely nothing, believe me. You ought to see some of the shit I've been through with real, actual assholes on some other non-weed sites. I have never seen anything close to it on this weed forum or any others. If you can't take someone disagreeing with you, then you had best not engage in discussions. I do not think you are ignorant about weed. In fact I believe the exact opposite. However I do think you are ignorant about one very small part of weed farming. That would be Spectracide's Bug Stop Pest Strips. They work period. There is just no way around it. Not only do they work, but quite well I might add. Everyone that has tried them, that I know of, has joyfully reported back that yes, even though they were positive the strips wouldn't work, they did. Just read all the spider mite threads that I posted in and you will see what I mean now. People have tried them, and what the fuck, it must be some kind of friggen miracle or something, because they worked. Real glad I took the $9 gamble, and such. Or do you also think these people are insane like me? As far as narrow minded:
    nar.row-mind.ed (narío minídid), adj. having a prejudiced or self-rightous mind.
    Wouldnít the very definition of this be: I know something wonít work. I know a lot about this thing, even though I havenít read about it much, or much less tried it myself. I have never read, or even heard of one scientific (or non-scientific) study of it, or heard of a report from an average Joe who tried it. However I am really knowledgeable in this area, so there is ďno way in hellĒ you will ever convince me that it would work. If you think that it worked for you, youíre obviously just some idiot who has no clue what youíre talking about. ??? Iíll let you decide. Just keep in mind the definition of the phrase.

From what I see your grow closet is just above a ghetto grow.
    Nice, real nice. Way to address the valid points of our discussion. My closet happens to be about as high tech as it can get except for co2 and automatic dosers, which are coming soon. I wonít go into a lot of detail defending my closet at this point, because I donít really think thatís relevant to the conversation. Iíll just say this for now: stadium scrog (do you even know what this is? and if so, is it becasue of me being the only one to post about it?), 400 watt MH veg side cool tube, 600 watt HPS bud side cool tube, digital ballasts, ample ventilation, aero-style cloning, hybrid combination of drip and NFT, 2 jets per root mass (32 total), two big pumps, two smaller circulation pumps, overkill nutrient aeration through various methods (this is the key, people) mylar most surfaces and white others, Green Air timers, most expensive light bulbs you can buy, mother section hosts 4 wonderful varieties on a heavy duty, full extension drawer, and most importantly, awesome harvests every 60 days. Sure a couple things are homemade, but they are done right and work well. A little over $3000 when Iím all done. I am not trying to win the cover of Bud Digest with my closet, but I really wouldnít call it just one step above a ghetto grow. Probably more like 1 1/2. Again more expert opinion on things you know nothing about, unless this really is your version of a step above a ghetto grow. Itís not mine however.

You have no room to talk and limited skill from what I see.
    Great, more insults. I have been growing weed off and on for about the last 24 years or so, mostly in dirt. The past 4 years have been hydro and the past 2 have been SOG with screen (SCROG). I have had many mishaps and remedied them all, including spider mites. How limited is that? Granted, itís maybe not expert level, but certainly not novice. And please tell me again why I have no room to talk? I thought thatís what this forum was for. Or am I just not allowed anymore?

I have tried to be nice with you. I am sure you feel you are correct but you are only dealing with a very small area.
    Me too, and my point exactly. Is it really possible for you to know more than everyone else about every little small point of weed farming, such a pest strip? Couldnít it be that perhaps there is someone out there in the world who might actually know more about a pest strip than you? Perhaps someone who bothered to research it, or maybe even someone who actually tried one? I have not been saying you are mistaken about any other area of weed farming.

if you say it works so well then why in another thread did you say you can look at the eggs under the leaf. You said you can see them in their eggs too. Well if you took care of your problem so well with your pest strips so long ago. (Because that is what you told me was that it has worked for you for many years I believe). Then how can you still see them and their eggs?
    I said this because it is true that you can look at eggs under the leaf. Thatís not really so weird is it? You can even see them with the naked eye if you have good vision. I believe I said that if you do this a few hours after administering the strip you will see the babies dead in their tracks. Is this what you are talking about? I donít think I said you can see them in the eggs, but maybe you can. I donít remember doing this though (seeing them in the eggs). And please point out exactly where I said that I can ďstillĒ see them. I donít think you will be able to because I donít think I said that. If I did, I must have been really out of it, because I have not seen any sign of them for about 2 years now. I think I mentioned this several times, therefore it would be impossible for me to still see them. I think there is communication failure somewhere here that is contributing to confusion and possibly a small amount of anger (not from me). Perhaps you are just skimming?

You have pushed me to my limit and you have been put on notice please chill out.
    I did not mean to, but, cool. I donít think Iíve ever been on notice before. Now I know what it feels like. Kinda like, really cool. Iím such a fuckin rebel. Has anyone ever done this to you before? They must have, because it apparently takes next to nothing to push you to your limit.

Your anger and your attitude is not welcome here.
    Is (are) yours?

Chill out and behave. You have a right to disagree but you must be respectful and courteous.
    I agree, and I didnít realize I was unchilled. However, it may be quite helpful to me and possibly others if you could be so kind as to point out exactly how I misbehaved. Was it my unnecessary and rampant use of the ďFĒ word? Additionally, it would be helpful if you could point out exact instances of my disrespect and my discourteousness. I canít for the life of me remember any. In fact, I think I remember complimenting you and saying that I appreciate you several times. Unless perhaps you are talking about the time I asked if I could be so bold as to suggest it is poor moderating to say that you are an absolute expert on something that you have not tried, or even researched, even when everyone who has tried it or researched it, disagrees with you (re-read the posts). Iím sorry but I just canít change my view on this. Please donít get me wrong, I am not talking about you in general; only one instance of something you happened to be wrong about. I guess this must sound really wierd to you, but believe it or not, it is possible for humans to be wrong. I have agreed with nearly everything else I have ever heard you say, and found much of your advice very helpful. I have told you this before.

You have brought this all on by your self and you are 100% responsible for your actions
    WTF? Brought what on? A discussion about pest strips? If my contribution is so bad, why are the related threads getting so long, and why have so many people thanked me?

Hey, I got an idea: How much have you spent on your set up over the years? What has your book cost you? Considering that, wouldnít it be worth it to know for sure, before you finish your book? (I assume you address the issue of pests.) What if, and bare with me for a second because Iím going way out on a limbÖ what if there was a small chance that the strips might actually work, like everyone who has tried them says they do? And what if there were a slim chance that pest strips (the right ones) were actually the most convenient and the least expensive solution to a problem that really should be addressed in any weed book. Wouldnít it be worth it to know for sure? I mean, a pest strip costs $9 and research is free. You wouldnít want to seem unknowledgeable about anything in your book, would you?

Still love ya, no matter your decision about keeping me around.

HardDon

So this means there once was a day. Glad you've finally ascended to my lofty level.

And when did you ever spend a minute helping me????
    Every time I spent a minute typing about spider mites, or anything else of mine you've read, except for the few times I asked for advice.

You don't even know how to read a thread properly.
    WTF are you talking about? I probably read threads better than you, with one eye tied around my penis. (No jokes about my penis here, its gigantic.)

You don't know what a chlorophyl feeding spidermite is or you wouldn't be looking for them on snakes or anything else other than plant matter. If you had read the whole post, you would have seen that spidermites prefer plant foilage to snake / rodent breeding 100 out of 100 times.
    Again, WTF are you talking about? I don't care what a chlorophyl feeding spidermite is, but I assume you are talking about the common two spotted spider mite. I am not looking for them on snakes, I don't know where you got that. "If you read the whole post" you would know that. However, I have mistakenly chopped up a snake or two during mowing. I am not even looking for them on plants anymore, because about 2 years ago I completely ridded myself of them by using 1 pest strip. I know you don't believe it, and that's fine. But it is true. It did happen. You are only hurting yourself by not believing me and all the others who say that it is true.

The only fricking reason a spidermite would be on a snake is to hitch a ride.
    Who cares? I thought we were talking about whether or not a No Pest Strip can kill spider mites on weed plants.

Quote Originally Posted by Opie Yutts
    So this means there once was a day. Glad you've finally ascended to my lofty level.
    Ignore the following if you are not comically challanged:
    The above quote to harddon was meant in a spirit of sarcasm.

Maybe its time for you kids to just accept that different people prefer different methods....maybe one is more effective, maybe just as effective or ineffective.

As well as different growing environments, different strains, techniques...etc means theres bound to be a divergence in opinion.

Opie, you stick with the strips.

Zandor, you stick with the bombs.

Hardon, ever heard of priapism?

I realize different methods work. I even said I believe Zandor when he tells me the bombs work. Why would he lie to me about this? And why would I lie to him about the strips? I just don't get it. It just really dissapoints me that everyone seems to look up to Zandor, so they will not believe me, and they will continue to do things the hard way because Zandor, a guy who has has never tried a strip, says they don't work. Well, I take that back, now he has changed his mind and agrees that they might work on real small projects, or ghetto grows like mine. Well, why not big professional rooms then? Just use more of them. Kind of like you would if you were using bombs. Again, I just don't get it.

Doesn't the quote of Twain say it all?

Education is when you remember what you have learned after you forget what you were taught. -M.Twain

So as soon as one is done reading what Zandor has to put out...forget about it...and then go learn on your own, then apply your new found knowledge the way you see fit.

It's YOUR <---(applies to anyone) grow. How you see fit to conduct it is entirely up to you. Just as long as you're paying attention when ya screw something up...same for when you get a positive result!

The bickering ought to be confined to healthy debating. And the insultive name calling crap flat out has no place in a learning environment.

I can see the day when under the name OPIE I shall see the word BANNED.

Until such day, you remain full of Sh*t.

Keep smoking your pest strip fumigated weed. It's working real wonders on your brain.

Now go on back to your ghetto grow.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    For everyone else who has spider mites, soap and water every single day, every single leaf for 14 days. Stems as well.

Or start over.

And when you can grow from seed to this in 33 days, with nothing but CFL, I'll listen to your advice.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AAAHHH SPIDER MITES!!!-dscn0918.jpg  

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast