Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weed ice cream

mysteria is offline Registered+

Weed ice cream

Today my friend and I had some good ice cream, and she got all excited and said "WE SHOULD MAKE WEED ICE CREAM!!!!"
    I thought it sounded pretty nasty, but she said we could just use weed butter or something. I don't really bake with weed, so I have no idea.

So, does anyone have a recipe or something for weed ice cream?
    (Would it even work?)

rajking86 is offline Registered+
    This would definately be a great recipe if possible.

I have a suggestion though, why not make some cannabrownies, then break em up and stir em in a big bowl of ice cream McFlurry style?

Take the mixture, slap it on a cone or cup and go on your merry way!

good idea

MMMmmm... damn, right when I have the munchies.

It's absolutely possible. Lemme type up the recipe straight outta Spliffs ((an awesome book)) God, Im fucking manic as hell. And yes, weed-cream is awesome.

Mellow Yellow Ice Cream

One of the best ways to consume pot and satisfy your munchies at the same time is to eat it as ice cream. Gently ((!!!)) heating cannabis with cream is an extremely effecient way of maximizing the extraction of the THC components of cannabis. And storing the ice cream in the freezer will maintain it's potency for months to come. However, to get the best results, use hash rather then grass in the recipe.

Ingredients:
    25G ((2 table spoons or 1/4 of a stick)) Butter
    18FL OZ Single Cream
    75g sugar
    Pinch salt
    1/4 Ounce Crumbled hash
    OR
    10G crushed bud
    15OZ Bananas
    3 Tablespoons Rum
    5 Tablespoons Honey

SERVES SIX

Heat the cream in a saucepan until nearly boiling. In a second saucepan melt the butter with the sugar and salt. Hear the hash with a flame and crumble it into the melted butter, stirring all the while. Then whisk the cream with the butter.
    Peel the bananas. Put them into a large bowl and mash em up. Add cream, rum, and honey. You can add other stuff for flavor if you want, oreos, nuts, etc. Beat well to mix. Pour mixture into a chilled shallow plastic container. Cover and freeze for a few hours until the mixture is a mushy consistancy. Turn out mixture into a chilled bowl. Whisk until smooth.
    Return the mixture to the container, cover, and freeze until firm. Transfer to the fridge 30 minutes before serving to soften it up.

Wa-La!

Awesome, thanks!

s2headhunter is offline Registered+
    wow thats an awsome recipe....would that really work....and damn do you think u could make a reciupe for like an 8th or like half an 8th lol

To use an eighth of HASH divide all the ingredients by 4. For half an eighth, by 8.

To use an eighth of BUD divide all the ingredients by 3. For half an eighth, by 6.

adh endo is offline Registered+
    wow, COOL!

sounds like a lot of work though..

we used to have an icecream maker but not for years cos icecream is cheap here..

anybody tried making it themselves?

thank you ancatuase for the recipe, im going to try on friday.
    dont mistake
    i like big buds and i cant deny
    why cant we all just get a bong?

peji is offline Registered+

Wink

Mmm sounds Yummmy,,, Yes I'll have some bubblberry ice cream to go Pleaze,,,,
    ~*~Peace n Smokin~*~

podgetop is offline Registered
    Yeah man, like errr...
    hang on.
    Yeah right, best weed ice cream i ever made, baked a loaf of bread, 3lb of flour, 1lb of marg, .5lb of cannabutter, mix that(you can substitue 1lb of flour for like on lb of cannaflour... could also use errr brown flour. then mix yeast and shit, and water and get a dough, at this point crumble to your tastes hash or skunk into the dough. leave to proove for like errrr two hours in airing cupboard (if you have done it right it'll stink of weeeeeeeed) bake for 40minutes. let is settle, cut off about a quater, blitz it in a mixer, stick it in with some of your favorite icecream(softened) stickit in the freeeezer man! nb, make toasties out of remaining bread... its gooood

nice cream man is offline Registered

my "nice cream" recipe

Give this recipe for French Vanilla Custard Nice Cream a try:
    ingredients:
    1/2 gallon 1/2 and 1/2
    1 dz egg yolks
    3 cups sugar
    1 vanilla bean
    either 1/4 pound of trim or 1/4 ounce of bud

notes on ingredients:
    -don't try using milk here, for a rich ice cream you need 16% butter fat; the 1/2 & 1/2 you use for your coffee is the best thing.
    -while vanilla extract is fine, never use vanilla flavoring. It's made by toasting oak wood and then soaking it in alcohol, it really is awful. So please splurge here and use a real vanilla bean, you will notice the difference.
    -while either the trim or the bud will equally make a very stoney nice cream, I have found that trim is actualy better because it give the nice cream an almost grean tea like flavor. don't use hash, much to harsh a flavor for a frozen dessert.

Method:
    -put 1/2 & 1/2 in a pot and bring to a simmer, crumble in your weed and let the stuff steep on the lowest heat setting for 1 hour. remove from heat and let the mixture cool to room temperature (you may omit this step but I find I get much more thc extraction this way), pass trough a fine mesh strainer. -put 1/2 & 1/2 in a clean pot, split the vanilla bean length wise and add to the pot, put the pot on the stove and bring to a simmer.
    -remove vanilla bean and with the tip of a knife scrape out the beans and add to mixture.
    -mix egg yolks and sugar in a bowl.
    -take 2 cups of 1/2 & 1/2 mixture and add to egg mixture, mix. (this is called "tempering the egg"; you raise the tempurature of the eggs closer to that of the 1/2 & 1/2 so that when you add them to the pot they will not scramble)
    -set 1/2 & 1/2 mixture on lowest possible heat setting and add the egg mixture. THIS PART IS VERY IMPORTANT: with a rubber spatula you must be constantly stirring the pot to keep the eggs from scrambling. If the heat is low enough and you are diligent, in 10-15 minutes the mixture will begin to thicken and you will get a Creme Anglaise. This is the base for vanilla custard ice cream.
    -remove from heat, pass through a strainer, and cool down to room temperature.
    -put the mixture through an ice cream freezer, you remember the type that you pack with salt and ice.

Try this sometime and you will be rewarded with an ice cream better than any ben or jerry ever created.
    Last edited by nice cream man; Apr-22-2005 at 22:05.

treeiSLAND is offline Registered

Talking Weed Ice Cream RECIPE!!

Alright, i realize im about, 3 years late on this one. But if my spoon was in your hand youd be posting this too. I absolutely looove to cook and im pretty damn good at it. So i have made my own marijuana incoporated recipe(s). I have quite a few if anybody would like a few i have:
    Cannimilk
    Cannibutter
    Fully Baked Ice Cream!!
    (kinda like ben&jerry's half baked but FULLY baked!!)
    Weedy Walnutty Crumblies
    Baby Bhang Brownies
    Chira Cheesecake

I have lots more coming as well.
    If you would like the recipes just reply on here, message me on here (prefered) or email me @ Maryslist@Ymail.com

grumio is offline Registered+

vanilla

Not long ago, the Cook's Illustrated people (America's Test Kitchen), who are pretty much cooking & food science GODS, did a blind test of vanilla extracts.

Much to their horror, not even the trained pastry chefs among them could tell the difference between super-expensive top-drawer Mexican vanilla extract & cheap, by-the-gallon fake vanilla flavoring!

Their conclusion was, we don't care, we'll still use real vanilla, but we won't bother seeking out the most expensive vanilla extract we can find... I thought that was pretty funny.

madprofessor is offline Registered

Hash Choc. Syrup

Get some Hash Oil And some choc. syrup and heat it up in a sauce pan till it is evenly distributed and then pour it on top that always seemed easier for me without wasting precious hash or weed on something as iffy as making ice cream and you can put it on other things also how about ganja choclate milk or mixing it in your morning coffee etc....

GreyPhenix is offline Registered
    i know people are prop going to hate me for digging up old recipies.

but i saw this and I got so excited lol

Im gonna try this, only im going to make a gelato...maybe cut it with some green tea (btw green tea gelato is awesome) or maybe some lemon...

*goes looking for his ice cream maker*

spotty is offline Registered
    I have a gelato shop and would love to add some mj to it. Any suggestions? I have lots of flavors just need to know how to mix it in and with what.

Quote Originally Posted by mysteria View Post
    Today my friend and I had some good ice cream, and she got all excited and said "WE SHOULD MAKE WEED ICE CREAM!!!!"
    I thought it sounded pretty nasty, but she said we could just use weed butter or something. I don't really bake with weed, so I have no idea.

So, does anyone have a recipe or something for weed ice cream?
    (Would it even work?)
    Nothing in this world is impossible, if you put your mind to it you can accomplish anything no matter how long it will take. Back in the day a light bulb was considered an impossible invention but with about 6 billion people on this planet anything is possible, it just takes one or so people to take the time in doing something. If anything is impossible at this time of existence then soon enough the years to come someone is bound to do whatever it is that someone couldn't do in these years

Let me know how that Weed Cream is, I'd like to give that a try one day

rudy2010 is offline Banned
    The nice cream recipe sounds awesome. I have been looking for a canna ice cream recipe for a while. Also the oil syrup sounds like a good idea though not as convenient. I like the fact that the cream is filtered so the gritty stuff is removed. I have just used the last of my trim to make some cannabutter. Does someone have a suggestion for an ice cream or syrup recipe that uses cannabutter.

jonny827 is offline Registered
    rudy you should be able to directly sub the butter required for canna butter. I have an icecream machine I just bought to make icecream but I am going to try it without the ice cream maker. I like to make everything from scratch. So I will try this recipe and probably respond tomorrow on hwo it comes out using cannabutter. Just for you.

Thanks Jonny if it works send a detailed recipe.

I just made another batch of snickerdoodles last night and slept like a baby after eating two. I am thawing a cup of cannabutter as I type. I am thinking of trying the same snickerdoodle recipe but I will cook the snickerdoodles at 275 or 300 (instead of 400 as the recipe specifies) but for a longer time. I have never tried this but will send an update as to whether there is any noticeable difference in strength. It may take a few days to determine if one cookie is really stronger than the others but it will be fun along the way.

lovelymaryjane is offline Registered

Wink weed ice cream

Quote Originally Posted by rudy2010 View Post
    The nice cream recipe sounds awesome. I have been looking for a canna ice cream recipe for a while. Also the oil syrup sounds like a good idea though not as convenient. I like the fact that the cream is filtered so the gritty stuff is removed. I have just used the last of my trim to make some cannabutter. Does someone have a suggestion for an ice cream or syrup recipe that uses cannabutter.
    yes i do make the ice cream you use canna milk i use the best bud how much do you use it depend whipping cream is good and best once you make your milk in a slow cooker cup a sugar and 1/2 tsp vanilla ice maker is cool ad also strawberry is very good

lovelymaryjane is offline Registered

Talking yes

Quote Originally Posted by KyleIsNorml View Post
    Nothing in this world is impossible, if you put your mind to it you can accomplish anything no matter how long it will take. Back in the day a light bulb was considered an impossible invention but with about 6 billion people on this planet anything is possible, it just takes one or so people to take the time in doing something. If anything is impossible at this time of existence then soon enough the years to come someone is bound to do whatever it is that someone couldn't do in these years

Let me know how that Weed Cream is, I'd like to give that a try one day
    yes it work........ i made a whole meal from cannabis.... salmon with spinach and feta cheese and also stuff peppers so you can say im cannabis chef lolol ask the thirty people i serve how they like it . i will tell you this one thing after i serve every one the ice cream and they took their first bit it sound like every one was having SEX LOLOL all you heard was (um oh ah)

whitemeadow is offline Registered

Lightbulb my tips

Make heavy cream or whole fat milk infused with cannabis first, in a similar way you would make butter (simmer for 45min-few hours), try to stir so that a skin does not form on the top of the liquid, and strain. The milk or cream will thicken during this process, which is fine for ice cream but the thickness can be adjusted by addding more milk during the cooking process or blending with milk after. Hash or kief can be mixed into cream more quickly, but can clump or dissolve unevenly; the flavor is less vegetable and it tends to be stronger.

I use an ice cream machine with a 1.5 qt bowl that you freeze for 24hr. before using. There are different kinds of machines, like the old fashioned salt and ice bucket or even plug in professional freezers. I have made ice cream with just milk, cream, sugar, and flavor and I have also cooked a custard by adding egg yolks and frozen the chilled custard. Like the poster above said:
    Any regular ice cream recipe can be used if cannabis infused milk or cream is substituted. Some even call for butter also.
    I enjoy date\rum\banana, kush custard (just sugar, egg, and kush flavor), and hazelnut(use nutella). I have been experimenting with infusing cannabis into coconut cream and making a non-dairy ice cream that way. I would like to learn how to make gelato, and am always looking for tips from fellow cooks.

If you have any questions about making ice cream, just ask!

Pro-tips:
    try blending your ingredients together over low heat and chilling them in an ince bath or the fridge before freezing in an ice cream maker

middle eastern flavors taste good with marijuana such as honey, cinnamon, cardamom, nutmeg, dates, etc,
    dark chocolate is a good cover flavor
    peanut butter is also a good combo

warnings:
    alcohol can quickly fuck up the texture of high fat creamy substances , but is used to improve the smoothness of the finished product because alcohol does not freeze at the same temperature as cream. - be warned when recipes call for a 1/4 cup of vodka or rum, its best to mix it in while the mixture is already churning in the ice cream machine -- if at all.

Quote Originally Posted by lovelymaryjane View Post
    yes i do make the ice cream you use canna milk i use the best bud how much do you use it depend whipping cream is good and best once you make your milk in a slow cooker cup a sugar and 1/2 tsp vanilla ice maker is cool ad also strawberry is very good
    Thanks for the detailed information. I have been looking for a while for just such a recipe. I will make the whipping cream as you described. I don't have the good buds yet but they are drying and I will try those later. For now I can add a good amount of quality trimmings from last year and a few from this year. Once the buds are dry I fear I will lose some of my interest in cannacooking for a while

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast