Cannabis.com

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By dragonrider
  • 1 Post By Coelho

Thread: Glycerine-based cannabis tincture?

dragonrider is offline Registered+

Question Glycerine-based cannabis tincture?

In this thread, someone posted info about using glycerine as the solvent to disolve THC from buds:
    Healthier Cannabis Food
    It sounded like the advantage was that you could put the drops under your tongue. It said that glycerine will enter your system from under your tongue, while other kinds of tinctures based on alcohol won't. It said that the high comes on faster than other methods of ingestion.

Has anyone ever tried to use glycerine? How did it work? How did you do it?

BTW, I checked around on other forums and one had this same recipe. People there decided that the second method described in the post was probably not accurate, becasue no one was able to find the equipment specified, specifically the "pharmaceutical grade boling beaker with threadlock top." They decided that whole high temperature boiling beaker method thing was bunk and maybe dangerous, but some of them tried the warm-and-shake method of extraction. So I'm wondering if anyone here has tried that.

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

Coelho is offline Registered+
    I tried it today, and am starting to feel the effects... i hope it keep increasing... later, or tomorrow, i will report how it was.

20dollarholla is offline Registered+
    I have heard of this method before. They let 1oz of bud to sit in a sealed jar of glycerine and shake vigerously for 2 months. It makes sense that it would hit you quicker and be stronger because it is being absorbed sublingually instead of having to travel through the G.I.tract.

I have never tried this myself, but it all makes sense. The time waiting game is something I suck at so I came up with another method. Take the material you would be using and turn it into Butane Honey oil, heat the glycerine, combine the two and put it in a blender. It sure would take a lot less time, but I'm not sure if the BHO and Glycerine will seperate once they cool own a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Coelho View Post
    I tried it today, and am starting to feel the effects... i hope it keep increasing... later, or tomorrow, i will report how it was.
    Coelho? Are you there?
    Hellooooo?
    Are you in the other dimension?
    Did you meet Shamanic Hippie and Sparknote? Are they still high?
    I just mixed a shot of green dragon into my morning coffee, so I'll see you guys in about an hour. Wait for me where the yellow brick road goes into the poppy field. I'll bring some snacks and flying monkey repellent.
    thetacoman likes this.

subsonicbug is offline Registered
    what happened with this method?
    I am currently trying the green dragon technique to try and get the best results i can out of that. But if the extraction rate/amount by glycerin is much more than alcohol I would like to start trying this technique.
    Could someone outline this technique a little better than savagepossum's post?

Quote Originally Posted by subsonicbug View Post
    what happened with this method?
    I am currently trying the green dragon technique to try and get the best results i can out of that. But if the extraction rate/amount by glycerin is much more than alcohol I would like to start trying this technique.
    Could someone outline this technique a little better than savagepossum's post?
    Well... i think i discovered a better (and MUCH faster) technique... look at my posts at:

TINCTURES

Quote Originally Posted by dragonrider View Post
    Coelho? Are you there?
    Hellooooo?
    Are you in the other dimension?
    Did you meet Shamanic Hippie and Sparknote? Are they still high?
    I just mixed a shot of green dragon into my morning coffee, so I'll see you guys in about an hour. Wait for me where the yellow brick road goes into the poppy field. I'll bring some snacks and flying monkey repellent.
    Well... i didnt meet any of them... unless they were transformed in hot chicks... cause it was the only ones i met in the "another dimension" Like... i tried the tincture, went reasonably high (not much), ate and slept.
    Then, i had a dream... unlike all dreams i ever had... i dreamed i was in a store, and there was a woman that was the storekeeper, and also 3 chicks there. For some unknown and uncomprehensible reason, the storekeeper started to flirt with me, and also the three chicks. I remember they were not very pretty, but were hot. Then, in the next scene (you know how dream change fast) i was here in my house, fucking the chicks. Most of the time, with two at the same time!!! I wont enter in details here, i only can say i never ever had a dream like that... I rarely, almost never dream im fucking anybody... so, fucking THREE was really a thing far beyond my wildest dreams (literally)...
    I wont say it was caused by the tincture, probably it was just a conicidence... but surely i will try this tincture again... if i dont enter the another dimension, hopefully i will met the chicks again, in the dreamland...
    Last edited by Coelho; Oct-16-2007 at 01:06.
    thetacoman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Coelho View Post
    Then, i had a dream... unlike all dreams i ever had... i dreamed i was in a store, and there was a woman that was the storekeeper, and also 3 chicks there. For some unknown and uncomprehensible reason, the storekeeper started to flirt with me, and also the three chicks. I remember they were not very pretty, but were hot. Then, in the next scene (you know how dream change fast) i was here in my house, fucking the chicks. Most of the time, with two at the same time!!! I wont enter in details here, i only can say i never ever had a dream like that... I rarely, almost never dream im fucking anybody... so, fucking THREE was really a thing far beyond my wildest dreams (literally)...
    I wont say it was caused by the tincture, probably it was just a conicidence... but surely i will try this tincture again... if i dont enter the another dimension, hopefully i will met the chicks again, in the dreamland...
    Well, that sounds like a very satisfying result of your experiment! I would say forget about the other dimension and meet up with the hot chicks again!

I will try in about one hour... and i hope to find them again, even if i didnt used the tincture... i just smoked the isomerized hash oil from the bad old weed i had, and went HIGHHH... the isomerization really works wonders with old weed...

ucesq is offline Registered

CannaGliss and the application of Master Wu's GD Techniques

I thought I'd post the recipe in this thread for easy reference:

Quote Originally Posted by savagepossum View Post
    here is something i found on the net awhile ago: PotDrops(CannaGliss) Sticky

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok so the following is a recipe/method for creating a very interesting excellent substance, which me and some of my friends have come to call Cannagliss! It is a THC based substance which allows you to get an almost all-body-stone with a method that is easy to conceal!

It increases the potency of your weed 16x, technically, although unless you are very stickly about the directions I am about to give, chances are you wont be able to wait the full time for the drops, or wont have the equipment to get the full and total potential out of the drops.

What you need:
    1oz of good quality bud (quality does make a very big difference in this recipe!)
    1cup Food Grade Glycerine (available from your local pharmacies or drugstores or health shops)
    Cheesecloth
    A glass bottle with a sealable lid… preferably metal.
    A glass dropper bottle
    Your computer exhaust or something to heat it consistently for days on end… NOT A HOT LIGHT
    You can of course use considerably less amounts of pot for this recipe. You can use as little as 1 gram of finely ground weed in 8.5ml of glycerine. Increase amounts in proportion… so 1/4oz would get a 1/4cup etc etc.

Then you have to leave the weed in the glycerine for two full months (that’s 6 weeks!), shaking it each and every single day at least once. My first batch I shook maybe 8 times daily, and had it consistently heated 10-20 degrees Celsius above room temperature.

This whole process can be exceedingly quickly accelerated by the extra heating and shaking. It can go from taking 6 weeks to 2, and if you have the right equipment, it can take as little as 14 hours. By simply putting mine in the exhaust of my laptop and keeping it there 24/7 except for when shaking, it was almost ready in about 2 weeks. If I had left it for another week it would have been perfect. The end product should be a pine green colour, and smell exceedingly strong.

Once you have let the drops sit for long enough for all the thc to have dissolved into the glycerine, than you can put it into a glass dropper bottle. If you want to check the glands of the Herb to see if there is actually any THC left, examine the Herb under a microscope before putting the bud into the glycerine, then simply take a piece out of the mix when you want to check it and examine it again under the microscope… the change will be very obvious, and you will be able to see if any trichomes remain on the glands. If either you see that there is no more thc left in the pot, or you can see the colour of the glycerine turn dark… or just wait the full 2 months (this is the best bet always).

You can use pure kief for this recipe as well, when you do this just use about 3x as much glycerine as you have kief, and put the glycerine in the bottom of a very tall and skinny bottle, then put the kief on top. Shake and heat the same as you would the normal drops. With kief you can actually see whether or not it is entirely dissolved, so simply bottle it minus the straining once everything has dissolved nicely

If you have an autoclave, or a pharmaceutical grade glass beaker with threadlock top, than this next method is for you!

Take 1oz of primo bud, not crushed but de-stemmed and totally and completely dried out. Toss them into a screw seal boiling beaker. Then, you must absolutely ABSOLUTELY use thread lock on the beaker. If you don’t do this, its totally pointless to even try this method. Put the bud in the beaker with 1 cup glycerine, boil in your oven or on an autoclave at 155C or 311F. Leave for 36 hours. It should be boiling for most of this time, but air should not be escaping the beaker. Remove and let cool. Upon cooling it should have separated into a green oily substance (which you want to keep) and a black thick tar, which in this case tested at 12% THC. The green oily substance in this case tested at 88% THC. The bud should have completely and totally dissolved into the glycerine. That black tar stuff is all the plant material. It can be tossed if you like… or you could try drying it and smoking it, its up to you. (Thanks to Quanium for testing this for us!)

Once you have your drops, you can soak some of your normal bud in it to give it an extra little kick. Or you can put a few drops in a joint, or just on the top of a bowl in a bong. But by far the single best way to do this is to put just a few drops under your tongue and hold it there for about 2-3 minutes. Will make you go absolutely mad. The better herb you have, the better this concoction will be.

Dosage numbers:
    Approximately 2-3 drops per dosage for a good time… equals about 6 bowls of good weed smoked in a bong, if the recipe is done properly.
    This means that every ounce of herb and a cup of glycerine mixture you have, you will end up with approximately 4800 drops (or 1600 doses) if strained completely.
    For only one gram of herb and 8.5ml of glycerine you will get about 60 doses at 3 drops each.
    …This is comparable to a normal approx 97 .3g bowls that you would get out of an ounce on an average basis.

Then of course there are those of you going "Well this sounds just too good to be true!" Well here is some chemistry for you non believers! Glycerine is a sugar alcohol, and thc is alcohol soluble. Simple chemistry then shows us then that the thc will be soluble into the glycerine given enough time. Now this said, it isnt a 100% alcohol or anything near it, which is why it takes so long for it to sit. But then why use glycerine instead of everclear or something like that and just make green dragon? Well unlike other types of alcohols, sugar alcohols are able to be absorbed exceedingly easily by the arteries underneath your tongue! And when the THC binds to the glycerine, this makes it easily absorbed into your bloodstream on a direct path for your brain! The absorption of THC into the bloodstream from smoking joints sits at about 15%, the amount for using a bong ranges from 25-35% approximately, and the amount for using a vaporizer or cooking ranges from about 45-55%. With the glycerine absorption method intake has been tested with various other drugs (mixed with glycerine as tinctures) with up to 90% absorption. This should be about enough proof I think to convice most of the doubters.

Now we all know that weed isn't unhealthy for you if taken in right, so what about glycerine?
    Well, glycerine is in your toothpaste, in lubricants, skin care products, used in cough syrups… So its safe to ingest. Is it safe to smoke? Well glycerine is an almost globally used compound in everyone's favorite flavored smoke - Shisha.
    It seems that a lot of the techniques developed by Master Wu for Green Dragon should be applicable to this. For example, Decarboxylation could be used to convert the THCA to THC.

What I don't understand about the above-recipe is the very long (36 Hour) heating time and requirement for a thread-lock beaker or autoclave. First, GD only has to boil for about 20-30 minutes to create a potent mix. My simple understanding of the process is heat applied to herb breaks down cell walls to release more THC to bind with the Alcohol or Fat. Therefore, if the temperature is not heated anywhere close to the boiling point of Glycerine - why must an airtight container be used? Is there some reaction occurring between the Glycerine and air that I don't understand at 311F? Since Glycerine does not boil until 554F, it should be fine without being airtight.

Dragonrider and others - please give me your thoughts on this.

Quote Originally Posted by ucesq View Post
    It seems that a lot of the techniques developed by Master Wu for Green Dragon should be applicable to this. For example, Decarboxylation could be used to convert the THCA to THC.
    Indeed... combining all techniques allow us to make the best extractions ever.

What I don't understand about the above-recipe is the very long (36 Hour) heating time and requirement for a thread-lock beaker or autoclave. First, GD only has to boil for about 20-30 minutes to create a potent mix. My simple understanding of the process is heat applied to herb breaks down cell walls to release more THC to bind with the Alcohol or Fat. Therefore, if the temperature is not heated anywhere close to the boiling point of Glycerine - why must an airtight container be used? Is there some reaction occurring between the Glycerine and air that I don't understand at 311F? Since Glycerine does not boil until 554F, it should be fine without being airtight.
    Dragonrider and others - please give me your thoughts on this.
    Well... ive been making experiments with glicerin lately, and ive concluded that to dissolve THC in glicerin is FAR harder than dissolve it in alcohol... thats why the time needed is greater.
    Also, glicerin is hygroscopic, what means it absorbes water form the air. And the water interferes the solubility of THC, as it is not soluble in water. I think thats why the container must be airtight.
    Maybe some reaction with the air also happen at this temperatures (oxidation by oxigen)... dont know for sure... but its possible. Unfortunately i havent this equipments, or i would try it myself...

I agree. I think most of Master Wu's techniques for making Green Dragon could be applied to this glycerine tincture.

I went to another forum that had a long discussion of this recipe, and it seemed like they eventually decided that the 36-hour process with the thread-lock screw-seal boiling beaker was not valid. First, no one could actually find a piece of equipment called a thread-lock screw-seal boiling beaker. Beyond that, people had the same ideas you had, that the temperature was too high for too long. I think the idea behind the process was that the higher temperatures would cause a more complete isomerization step, and the airtight vessel was to prevent any of the desireable compounds from evaporating or oxidizing --- not that the glycerine would eveprate or react, but the THC would evaporate or react. Or, possibly the higher temperature had to do with the fact that THC is soluble in glycerine, but not as soluble as in alcohol or fat, so it takes longer --- maybe the temperature and time are to speed up that process, but 36 hours at over 300F seems like more than required for the extraction. Anyway, no one at the other forum was ever able to validate this longer high-temperature process.

Even if it could not be validated, it seems like there might be something to the idea of using slightly higher tempearatures in a vessel that could contain the preasure and keep out the oxygen. With the regular green dragon recipe, the temperature cannot exceed the boiling point of alcohol, around 170F. If all the alcohol boils away, then it does not exceed the boiling point of water, 212F. If you boil out all the water and don't use the water bath, then you could get higher temps, but above a certain point, some of the desirable compounds begin to evaporate. Maybe there are isomerization reactions that can occur at temperatures that are higher than these temperatures? I don't know if that is true or not.

If higher temperatures do result in some different reactions occuring, then one idea might be to heat the glycerine/weed mixture in an oven, but keep it below the vaporizing temperature of the desireable weed compounds (whatever that might be? 250? 300?) In this case I would just forget about the thread-lock screw-seal boiling beaker and use some other kind of vessel that could be covered to prevent too much oxygen circulation, but would not really seal to hold in pressure. Covering the vessel might prevent some oxidizing that might occur, and as long as the weed were covered with glycerine, I think that would help to preven too much oxygen exposure as well. Again, I'm not knowledgable enough in chemistry to know if this would produce a desireable isomerization reaction, but it would take advantage of the fact that glycerine can go to higher temperatures without boiling than alcohol or water can. Like you mentioned, it can go to over 500F.

Does anyone know if there is anything to this idea?

After I finished the last post, I thought more about what I would try when I get a chance to make the glycerine tincture. It will be awhile before I can try it, but here is my idea if anyone wants to try it or if anyone else has comments. Actually, comments and other ideas would be great before anyone tries this.

1. Place 1/8th crumbled weed into an oven-safe glass bowl or pyrex cup and decarboxylize in the oven at 200F for 20 mins. I might even go longer than 20 mins until I get a dried consisitency.
    2. After decarboxylization, pour 1 or 2 oz food-safe glycerine in the bowl or cup. Stir and mash the weed until it is fully submerged and in contact with the glycerine.
    3. Cover the bowl or cup with a small plate or aluminum foil or other oven-safe cover so that air will not circulate as much, but no pressure will build inside the vessel.
    4. Place the bowl/cup back in the oven and increase the temperature. This is where some commentary would be helpful. I'm thinking I would increase it to 250F. I've heard some cannabinoids evaporate at about 260F, so I want to keep it lower than that. Does anyone have any ideas about the highest safe temperature?
    5. Cook at the higher temperature for about 2 hours. Again this is just an idea without having tried it. I'll monitor it and try to see if anything appears to be disolving into the glycerine. I'm thinking that 2 hours should be a good amount of time for an extraction. Also, Coelho has mentioned that he heats hash oil in a water bath for about 2 hours for isomerization. He said that 2 hours gives good results, and it begins to degrade after 3 hours --- so I'm thinking 2 hours would be good for extraction and isomerization without drgrading the THC. Maybe 2 hours is too much at this higher temperature? Comments on this are welcome!
    6. Remove the bowl from the oven.
    7. Cool to a reasonable temperature for handling.
    8. Strain out the tincture into another container using a fine-mesh strainer, and pressing every bit of glycerine out.
    9. That would be the end of the glycerine tincture process, but as a fallback measure, in case the process did not do a complete extraction, I would then do the normal green dragon extraction on the remaining weed mash:

• Add 2 to 4 oz Everclear to the bowl.
      • Place the bowl in the ususal double-boiler water-bath setup.
      • Simmer for 20 mins.
      • Strain out alcohol.
      • Repeat with fresh Everclear and combine the two alcohol extractions. (Just combine the two green dragon alcohol extractions, not the glycerine extraction!)
    10. Test the glycerine tincture to see if it worked. (Get high!)
    11. Test the green dragon tincure to see if any THC was left in the mash. (Maybe get high again!)
    12. Post results back to this thread.

What you would hope for is that the glycerine tincture would be nice and strong, and there would be nothing left for the green dragon. But since the glycerine process is kind of experimental at this point, I would do the green dragon process to make sure all the THC was captured.

Like I said, it will be awhile before I try this. If anyone has any comments beforehand, that would be great. If anyone tries any of these steps, please post the results!

I think your process is a great idea since it allows for preservation of the weed (by way of the GD). As far as the cooking time, I think your guess is as good as mine.

On another thought, one way to get an airtight environment would be to use a pressure cooker. A pressure cooker is essentially the same thing as an autoclave (which was referenced in the previous recipe). A practical problem is that I can't seen to find a pressure cooker smaller than 4 quarts. Obviously if we are only making a few ounces, there will be quite a lot of air in the pressure cooker with the glycerine/cannabis mixture.

I did find a reference to a lady in the northwest U.S. (Oregon I think) that made the Glycerine tincture using a crockpot over several days. A crockpot is obviously not airtight but she claimed that it worked. I will try and find that recipe again and repost it here.

A recipe I found:

Glycerine-based Tincture
    by Leanne Barron

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Glycerine-based Tincture
    You need to use food grade U.S.P glycerine, this can be relatively hard to find inexpensively but a gallon lasts a LONG time.

Glycerines have a shorter shelf life than alcohol based tinctures and while they can sit on the shelf I refrigerate mine. Vegetable glycerine has nearly no impact on blood sugar or insulin and is very low in calories (4.3 per gram). It's sweet taste makes the tincture more palatable than the alcohol based tincture and is a suitable substitute for those concerned with alcohol consumption.

Add the amount of cannabis that you desire for potency. I added 6 oz of roughly trimmed (finger trimmed the leaves off) cannabis to 1 gallon of glycerine. For your personal preference add more cannabis or less depending on desired potency. I blend mine, using a coffee grinder, blender or if you are lucky enough to have a Vita Mix. Make sure there is no other product matter in whatever you use. I use a clean basting brush to clean out my Vita Mix when I am done powdering my cannabis.

Place in a crockpot on low. Some crockpot's low settings are too high so you may not be able to use yours. A "Keep Warm" setting if you have it is the best choice. Too hot, and you are killing the properties you are trying to extract, you want the mixture to be as warm as possible without boiling, I left my tincture like this for 24 hours. I have heard people leaving the tincture from anywhere from 4-6 hours to 3 days. You can try the tincture at intervals to decide when you are done. REMEMBER that glycerine tincture retains heat VERY WELL, do not burn yourself!!

If you do not have a crockpot you can place the herbs in a clear, sealed jar in a warm, sunny spot and accomplish the same thing over 4 weeks. Some people make their "sunshine tinctures" over 2 weeks. I do not feel that is long enough, especially in colder weather. Some leave them in the sun for up to 12 weeks. I have never seen a need to go that long myself. Shake each day to mix the herbs in.

When ready to strain use cheesecloth and a strainer to extract the cannabis debris, the THC has been extracted and the tincture is ready to use. The best way to store is in a glass amber bottle. A good place to obtain a large bottle for the bulk of your tincture is a brewery store that has supplies to make wine or beer. I also obtained a few small amber bottles with eye droppers for convenience. It takes a lot longer to strain glycerine than it does alcohol, the tincture will drip when strained instead of flow.

grumio is offline Registered+
    I'm interested in this. I had some glycerin-based tincture purchased from an LA dispensary & it was lovely stuff. I've read just about everything I can find about it, & it seems to have a decidedly spotty track record. Anyone currently trying this?

Coelho - if you're still reading this thread - didn't you try putting ethanol GD into glycerin, only to have the hash oil precipitate out of the mixture? I know I've read something to that effect.

I know this can be done - I've had the stuff.

Well... indeed this precipitation of hash oil did happen... look at:
    TINCTURES

And while i agree this tincture can be made (you have some of it to prove it ), i fear it actually needs a lot of time to be done. I couldnt find a fast way to solve the THC in the glycerin, so maybe the 36+ hours heating is actually needed.

But, of course, youre welcome to try it. And if you get some nice results, tell us!

NaughtyDreadz is offline Registered+
    hmmm interesting... I have a friend who has all those things available in his lab... and I've got some killer dope... laddamercy!!

I am making a glycerine tincture and will post results in this thread: Tincture of Mars
    More of the same: Renger's Rantings

MNoisy is offline Registered
    Well I can say this officially..I made the drops and tried it on a few different electronic cigarettes and finally found one that worked! Placed about 4 to 5 drops in a carrtidge I emptied out in a e-cigarette from ProSmoke and let me tell you....it worked great! Definitely had a sweet smell to it but almost flavorless and odorless and WORKED AWESOME.

I tried a few other cigs but I dont think any of them had robust enough atmoizers to handle the VG. The e cig that finally worked was from Index of /

VERY EXCITED this worked! Now I can smoke it anywhere as well as have my normal electronic cigarette if I want that. AWESOME!!!!!

LuvitHeart is offline Registered

could kief or hash be use to make glycerine tincture

Greeting All,
    I would like to know if kief and or hash could be used to make this glycerine tincture. If so does it still need to be decarboxylated.. And how would I go about doing that...

DavidBriggs is offline Registered+

FAST AND EASY - UNDER THE TONGUE - GLYCERIN THC RECIPE

See my glycerin recipe, photos and videos on my site but the recipe is here

Fast and easy Vegetable Glycerin Extraction method.

People have told me it is the easiest and most potent they have found!

- Yes using kief is great - do not strain
    - BHO is good too - do not strain
    Papa Kief -- Find me and join forces on my : Facebook, Website, Digg, Twitter and Youtube

hiamps is offline Registered+
    Glycerine-based Tincture
    by Leanne Barron

Glycerine-based Tincture
    You need to use food grade U.S.P glycerine, this can be relatively hard to find inexpensively but a gallon lasts a LONG time.

Glycerines have a shorter shelf life than alcohol based tinctures and while they can sit on the shelf I refrigerate mine. Vegetable glycerine has nearly no impact on blood sugar or insulin and is very low in calories (4.3 per gram). It's sweet taste makes the tincture more palatable than the alcohol based tincture and is a suitable substitute for those concerned with alcohol consumption.

Add the amount of cannabis that you desire for potency. I added 6 oz of roughly trimmed (finger trimmed the leaves off) cannabis to 1 gallon of glycerine. For your personal preference add more cannabis or less depending on desired potency. I blend mine, using a coffee grinder, blender or if you are lucky enough to have a Vita Mix. Make sure there is no other product matter in whatever you use. I use a clean basting brush to clean out my Vita Mix when I am done powdering my cannabis.

Place in a crockpot on low. Some crockpot's low settings are too high so you may not be able to use yours. A "Keep Warm" setting if you have it is the best choice. Too hot, and you are killing the properties you are trying to extract, you want the mixture to be as warm as possible without boiling, I left my tincture like this for 24 hours. I have heard people leaving the tincture from anywhere from 4-6 hours to 3 days. You can try the tincture at intervals to decide when you are done. REMEMBER that glycerine tincture retains heat VERY WELL, do not burn yourself!!

If you do not have a crockpot you can place the herbs in a clear, sealed jar in a warm, sunny spot and accomplish the same thing over 4 weeks. Some people make their "sunshine tinctures" over 2 weeks. I do not feel that is long enough, especially in colder weather. Some leave them in the sun for up to 12 weeks. I have never seen a need to go that long myself. Shake each day to mix the herbs in.

When ready to strain use cheesecloth and a strainer to extract the cannabis debris, the THC has been extracted and the tincture is ready to use. The best way to store is in a glass amber bottle. A good place to obtain a large bottle for the bulk of your tincture is a brewery store that has supplies to make wine or beer. I also obtained a few small amber bottles with eye droppers for convenience. It takes a lot longer to strain glycerine than it does alcohol, the tincture will drip when strained instead of flow.
    Swans Candles has it for $27.95 gallon and $3.00 by the pound. There is about 10.5 pounds to the gallon.

Vitolo is offline Registered+

Getting Baked While Baking

I am a Vaporist.

My "Stovetop Sniff & Whiff Vaporizer"
    (getting vaped while cooking)
    Iv'e been collecting ABV for years from very high grade medicinal MJ. I also use it regularly, but sometimes supplies dwindle.
    I use edibles to sleep, and to get pain relief.
    Low today on ABV, and regrouping my collection, I needed to create a nightime edible, without also depleting my green Dragon stash, or daytime "treats".
    I sure wasn't going to cook with my unvaped "meds"!
    I acquired some good grade "comersh" sativa for the brownies I was about to make.
    I don't cook with totally green herb.
    I sure couldn't vape an ounce of herb in a sitting!
    SO…..
    I threw the sack into a blender on low, to not smash up any seeds.
    I ran the ground herb through the strainer.
    I stuck the debris from strainer in Olive oil in the oven at 300 for 35 minutes.
    I put the clean herb on this frying pan, and I……..
    (here's the part where I got baked!)
    http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/...5-21at1555.jpg
    I heated it on a low/medium flame and stirred constantly as it heated.
    As the herb turned a light tan, whisps of vapor rose, and that Old familiar scent danced upon the lining of my nostrils. "Ahh… vape". As I stirred I breathed repeatedly, very close to the skillet.
    I realized I was stoned! Not a bad buzz either!
    The rest was easy (since I walked the rest of the way on a cloud of vapor!)
    Oil strained.. Skillet Vaped weed in the mix… eggs water…
    I am baked… and brownies are baking.
    Talk to you soon friends!
    Medical Marijuana Patient - Coma Survivor: Partial Paralysis, Spasticity, Pain, Nausea
    User since 1967 - Vapor Enthusiast Preferred Vaporizers: SSV w/standard handheld wand (workhorse), Vapir NO2 (full session on the move), MFLB (fast blast)
    "I vape it, cook with it, eat it, make tinctures, make oils, collect and press pollen, spread it on, and rub it in daily." ZapStuff Vaporist Stuff Vito's Vapor Trail

Vitolo is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by Vitolo View Post
    My "Stovetop Sniff & Whiff Vaporizer"
    The Results!
    They were simply great!
    I made them in a disposable aluminum round baking dish, so they were Pie shaped.
    Slept late thanks to them.
    They were more uplifting than AVB brownies, in that the weed was not totaled, only lightly tanned!
    http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/290...8eed41ba7m.jpg
    Medical Marijuana Patient - Coma Survivor: Partial Paralysis, Spasticity, Pain, Nausea
    User since 1967 - Vapor Enthusiast Preferred Vaporizers: SSV w/standard handheld wand (workhorse), Vapir NO2 (full session on the move), MFLB (fast blast)
    "I vape it, cook with it, eat it, make tinctures, make oils, collect and press pollen, spread it on, and rub it in daily." ZapStuff Vaporist Stuff Vito's Vapor Trail

khyberkitsune is offline Banned
    The problem is obtaining the proper glycerine base. THC doesn't solve easily into glycerine in the first place without heat, and it likes to come straight out of solution if allowed to chill if you use a liquid glycerin base.