Thread: Quick and Easy Recipes?

alaricxi is offline Registered

Quick and Easy Recipes?

Just wondering what you guys find the easiest or most convenient way to ingest cannabis.

So far what I've been doing is spreading peanut butter on both sides of an English muffin and sprinkling some ground up bud over it and closing it back up. I then put it in the toaster oven for about 15 minutes at 225 degrees Fahrenheit.

My girlfriend doesn't smoke but does ingest and I've just quit smoking so I see myself ingesting cannabis more frequently in the future. My method is rather easy but probably not very efficient. Figured I'd ask you guys what methods you find most convenient/efficient/quickest. So, how do you usually consume the good herb?

Thanks for your time.

JaySpliff is offline Registered+
    Flameon's thread...
    http://boards.cannabis.com/recipes/1...tep-guide.html
    ...is how i plan to ingest 90% of my weed, after I move out of res. The Green Dragon tincture seems pretty good too.

That thread says not to use the vegetarian capsules and I am a vegetarian. I guess I could just eat balls of special coconut oil... it appears to work just as well if not as convenient for storage.

ukmonkey is offline Registered+
    BUMP! Yeah I'm wondering the same thing...

Coelho is offline Registered+

It cant be real...

Quote Originally Posted by alaricxi View Post
    That thread says not to use the vegetarian capsules and I am a vegetarian.
    Man... are you actually serious???
    Its the capsules that must not be vegetarian... not the person ingesting them...

Are you serious...

The other ones are made from dead animal parts so vegetarians wouldn't eat them...

The gelatin capsules are made from dead animal parts?

anomaly is offline Registered+
    Are you serious...

The other ones are made from dead animal parts so vegetarians wouldn't eat them...
    what r u like a 10 yearold girl?

Flameon is offline Registered+
    That thread says not to use the vegetarian capsules and I am a vegetarian. I guess I could just eat balls of special coconut oil... it appears to work just as well if not as convenient for storage.
    Hi alaricxi

The reason behind using gelatin capsules is because they won't dissolve when exposed to oils like the vegetarian ones can. However, assuming your using coconut oil (which sets hard in the fridge), you should be able to make your capsules and store them in a cold place without them degrading (just avoid letting the oil stay liquid for long).

I've not used vegetarian capsules myself, but would be interested to know how you get on if you do try them out i.e. How long they keep for etc.

Anyhow, good luck with whatever method you go for.
    Cheers
    Flame
    Quote Originally Posted by Weedhound View Post
    Flameon had some good ideas in his thread which I will post a link to shortly since his thread is the single greatest piece of work on cannabis capsules that I have ever had the pleasure to read.

Cannabis Capsules A-step-by-step-guide.

moshmonkey is offline Registered+

what i do is burn a load of hash (doesnt work with weed) onto a spoon of butter, hold a lighter under it until it all melts together, then pour the spoon of melted butter and hash into a drinking yogart, (my fave is Yop!), shake it up and drink it, takes 45mins - 60mins for effects but it does the job nicely.

dragonrider is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by Coelho View Post
    The gelatin capsules are made from dead animal parts?
    Yes they are. And you don't want to know what part they use!

Man... i was sure that they were syntethic...
    So, alaricxi, im sorry for my own ignorance.

It's not really anything all that gross to a non-vegetarian --- they boil bones and other such parts from meat processing that aren't suitable for food to make gelatin. A vegetarian who doesn't eat meat for ethical/moral reasons would object, but an omnivorous human would not.

Saying it's made from "dead animal parts" is true, but it sounds gross, like they found a dead carcass on the side of the road or something!

MVP
    MVP is offline Registered+
    Most vegetarians will tell you that gelatin is made from horse hooves. At least that is what my (vegetarian) sister tells me.....

Quote Originally Posted by MVP View Post
    Most vegetarians will tell you that gelatin is made from horse hooves. At least that is what my (vegetarian) sister tells me.....
    I'm not really sure if this is true, but I heard that vegetarian gelatin is made from the toenails of vegetarians.

fosomker is offline Registered+
    I make oil in a crock pot. I put a 1:1 (1 cup of weed or 1oz of good trimmings to 1 cup of oil)ratio of weed and Extra Virgin Olive Oil and cook it on low for 4 hours and then strain it with cheese cloth. Then once I have oil I just make a box of brownies, any kind, and then just add 2 Tablespoons in-addition-to the normal directions. Makes a great brownie and usually only takes one 2"x2" made in a 13x9" pan. The browines are requested weekly from all my friends. I make just over a pint and only use 2 tbls.

I made butter the same way and shared it with a buddy of mine. He makes grill cheese with it, first he puts regular butter and then a little fun butter. Also he has made mashed potatoes with them, but he put about 2tbls in one serving and it kicked is ass. Next time he plans on 1tbls in a few servings.

Quote Originally Posted by Coelho View Post
    Man... i was sure that they were syntethic...
    So, alaricxi, im sorry for my own ignorance.
    No problem man, sorry if my response sounded offensive.

I try not to care what other people do/say but misinformation about veg*ism sometimes annoys me. The worst I've heard is, "I know a lot of vegans who do chicken."
    I actually find it easiest if people don't know that I don't eat meat because many take me not eating meat as an offensive action towards them... whatever...

MasterMcG is offline Registered
    if the caps are made from the same material that clear papers are made from then its not animal fat, its plant fiber.

Ayasugi is offline Registered
    gelatin is animal bone guys, animal bone.
    eh.. a month old.. i probably shouldn't have bumped this one. No delete function?
    Last edited by Ayasugi; Feb-23-2010 at 18:30.

fight2survive is offline Registered
    Actually, Gelatin is a mix of animal bones, nerves and ligaments, boiled at a super high tempareture, until they all melt into some kind of gel.

rudy2010 is offline Banned
    The fastest way I have found to ingest weed is to get the ready bake cookies at the grocery store. Grind some weed and stuff it in the cookie and bake. You can just use what you need and save the rest for later.

Remember it take as much as 45 minutes to an hour to feel the effects of eating weed. So don't eat too much before you give time to adjust the strength.

moody420 is offline Registered+
    yuck! you eat just crushed up weed? It may work, but i would think it would taste like shit!

you want to slow cook a mix of butter (not margarine, you want the fat) and weed (you can use trim).....let is slowly cook for about 24 hours and then drain the liquid butter from the leaves and stems....and voila....cannabutter! It's pretty simple and if you make a big batch you can have butter all year long!

Then you can make cookies, brownies, cakes....whatever you want! Just substitute the butter in the recipe with cannabutter (i add a little extra )

Happy Baking,
    Betty Chronic!
    Mellow mood has got me, darlin'.
    Let the music rock me, darlin'.
    'Cause I got your love, darlin'.
    Love, sweet love, darlin'.

psychotoad is offline Registered

Capsules and Such

As long as you keep it super cold would you even have to encapsulate the oil? this is just a thought I had... But I'm curious. I can't smoke due to lung degradation and love to be high so I'm researching methods of ingestion. The capsule one sounds great and will be tried in the next 3 or 4 days, But I'm curious about storage, If you keep the infused coconut oil in the freezer it should be okay to use(dosed into the proper quantity) on just about anything. I'm just not sure, I've always smoked and now that I can't I'm searching for a new way. And off on a tangent, if I was on a plane that went down in the Andes, I would pray that everyone else was a vegan!

rudy2010 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by moody420 View Post
    yuck! you eat just crushed up weed? It may work, but i would think it would taste like shit!

Happy Baking,
    Betty Chronic!
    Exactly! Not going for taste here just the fastest and easiet way to ingest.

I make butter and totally chronic cookies and candy.